February Half Term - Pirates and Princess Takeover

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

Towersstreet are reporting on Facebook that February Half Term 2017 is being advertised on the information & queue time boards around the theme park!

The event did not happen in 2016 but is set to return from 17th-26th February 2017, which is a day longer than 2015's event :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
JonDoesTT

MakoMania wrote:Towersstreet are reporting on Facebook that February Half Term 2017 is being advertised on the information & queue time boards around the theme park!

The event did not happen in 2016 but is set to return from 17th-26th February 2017, which is a day longer than 2015's event :)
I'm going tomorrow so I'll try and find them, hopefully it is coming back!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Credit to NemesisRider
Ladyofthelake

I'd just be careful with assuming we'll be getting a full February Half Term event for 2017. The dates have been on the information boards for a while now (At least since mid-July), and although it does confirm something is happening, what it doesn't say is exactly what.

The Resort had the February Half Term dates on their information boards this time last year too, and as we all know the event this year was all at the Resort hotels with the theme park not opening at all.

Of course, I, like the rest of us, would love to see the Theme Park February Half Term event return next year as I did miss it, however I'd be wary of jumping to the conclusion it is definitely happening just because the dates are displayed on the information boards.
MakoMania

Very true. However they did originally intend to open rides this past Feb Half Term whilst it was being advertised on park in 2015.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!
ThemeParkEwan

the half term dates on the queue boards have been there since mid august
Owen

The Febuary Half Term advertising on the information boards has been removed.

Photo from TowersStreet Facebook.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers have now added details to their website about the 2017 February Half Term event. The event will actually span a fortnight, presumably to cover the different Half Term dates for different schools, and be based at the hotels whilst revolving around the theme of pirates and princesses as per this year.
JonDoesTT

lewis97 wrote:Alton Towers have now added details to their website about the 2017 February Half Term event. The event will actually span a fortnight, presumably to cover the different Half Term dates for different schools, and be based at the hotels whilst revolving around the theme of pirates and princesses as per this year.
That's very disappointing, I was hoping for something decent so I could visit..

Credit to NemesisRider
MakoMania

JonDoesTT wrote:
That's very disappointing, I was hoping for something decent so I could visit..
Off to Blackpool it is then!
Dan

Alton Towers have updated their website to confirm the entertainments offering for the Pirate and Princess Takeover during February Half Term.

It includes the return of the Pirates of Mutiny Bay who bring with them a brand new show called ‘The Lore of Treasure Unknown’, along with the long-running show, ‘The Kidnap of Lady Victoria Sponge’.

There will also be ‘High Sea and Hijinx: A Pirate Adventure’ which consists of three half hour, back-to-back shows full of treasure and heroic rescue, while the Enchanted Tipi plays host to ‘The Lost Boys & Fairy Princesses Party’.

The February Half Term event will run between 10th-25th February 2018.
Robert.W

I'm not too familiar with this event, but I'm presuming that those Pirates of Mutiny Bay shows won't be performed in Mutiny Bay's Courtyard if they don't get a move on with dismantling The Welcoming? 

Dan

Robert.W wrote:I'm not too familiar with this event, but I'm presuming that those Pirates of Mutiny Bay shows won't be performed in Mutiny Bay's Courtyard if they don't get a move on with dismantling The Welcoming? 
With the exception of Sharkbait Reef, the theme park is closed during the FHT event.

All of the entertainment takes place in and around the hotels.
Robert.W

Dan wrote:
Robert.W wrote:I'm not too familiar with this event, but I'm presuming that those Pirates of Mutiny Bay shows won't be performed in Mutiny Bay's Courtyard if they don't get a move on with dismantling The Welcoming? 
With the exception of Sharkbait Reef, the theme park is closed during the FHT event.

All of the entertainment takes place in and around the hotels.
Shame. It gave me a tiny bit of hope for a second that we might see something happen with the Courtyard!! :)

Morgan

It's a shame to see that the event is hotel based again! I never got to do FHT when certain rides were open but it looked like a nice way to break up the closed season. It's nice to see the Pirate shows returning though, even if it's only for this event.
Ladyofthelake

As reported by TowersTimes News, full details of the Pirates and Princess Getaways for February Half Term have now been confirmed.

It's good to see such a jam-packed entertainment schdule for the event, as well as the Enchanted Tipi being used for some of the shows after its success at the Christmas event. It does make me wonder if the Tipi may be here to stay through the main season.
hursty

Muffin?
Muffin!?
Lady Muffin!?
Lady...
MUFFIN!

Love this idea of seeing The Kidnap of Lady Victoria Sponge again, would have been great to see it back in the Mutiny Bay Courtyard during the main season, but hey-ho.

I've done the pirate weekends before and they have been good fun, still not completely sold on the recent princess element, mutinous marauding pirates don't discriminate!
Justin

As posted on the TowersTimes website; February Half-Term saw a Pirates and Princess Takeover at Alton Towers Resort with a substantially increased entertainment programme and plenty of swashbuckling adventures for the whole family.  TowersTimes takes an exclusive look at everything that the event had to offer.

Did you get to experience a Pirate and Princess Short Break over February Half-Term?

lewis97
Admin
Admin

While it may not be an event that appeals to many of those on the forum with the lack of a theme park line-up, I do think the expansion of the entertainments offering this year (which hursty’s photos show off wonderfully) along with the Waterpark and Golf access did make it pretty good value, especially with the price being lowered to £30pp near the start of the event.
Zach

Ahoy M'artes! I went over the event and have to say it has a lot more to offer than I had realised, its packed full of stuff to do to keep the kids and adults entertained!  The ability to pop to Sealife is also a nice little bonus as it feels like a little adventure, the water park always adds a bit of fun for all the family. The hotels are packed with entertainment and with all the decorations and characters it doesn't feel like the ATR at all it feels like a pirate and princess adventure. I've been to plenty of the events at the hotels over closed season and have to say this one surprised me at how well it immerged you into the theme.
The pirate show is perfectly balanced so kids find it fun but with added adult jokes/puns in there to make it enjoyable no matter what your age

I really liked how they incorporated the Enchanted Village into the event and kept the theme going, however more subtle in the EV it worked really well! The Pirate and princess treasure (Letter) quest was really done well as it covered most the event which gave guests a reason to go out and see all that could be offered as well as the sense of adventure it added to find the hidden clues.
I would thoroughly recommend it if you have kids, it's a fun and enjoyable way to make the most of the Half term. 
Justin

I must admit, these events are becoming more and more appealing. It certainly builds on the resort offering and I am seriously impressed with the coverage I have seen for this and the Christmas event. It has certainly grown over recent years and I would be tempted to visit out of season to experience one of these events.
As Lewis states, at £30pp for an overnight stay and entertainment, this is extremely good value!