2017: New Attractions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
S.J_O'Grady

Could this tweet suggest a Ripsaw replacement or other flat for next year? Or could just be referring to SW8.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Adam.W

S.J_O'Grady wrote:Could this tweet suggest a Ripsaw replacement or other flat for next year? Or could just be referring to SW8.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wouldn't read too much into it, most likely a 'we've got more coming', it's unlikely that they were hinting at anything.
Azi889

I think that the dark forest would really benefit from a new flat, I keep going back to thinking when the original concept was proposed for it we saw those branch arm things - they would be so cool and something to help make the theme a bit stronger (I never thought the Rita retheme worked well)

Also a ripsaw replacement would be brilliant as that area will just be empty now and I always enjoyed watching it on hot days. Also where submission was is now bare. So three opportunities for great flat rides but personally I would like to see something in the dark forest.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on TowersTimes Facebook, the application for the new 'rotating ride' and 'family entertainments building' in CBeebies Land has today been approved.
simononestop

all the talk of new flat rides.
I cant see why they don't just add some.
I recently went to Brussels and they happened to have a massive fair on with a mile of flat mobile rides. I was amazed at how good they all were.
some were huge and real thrill rides.
even a mobile log flume!
so there are decent flat rides out there.

I was blown away by these 2 great rides
xylyx

Those Fabbri Booster style rides are seriously imposing. They have one that comes to the fair which regularly sets up on the local park and knowing how rickety the rest of the fair can be I've never been brave enough to venture on to it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A slightly updated site plan for the CBeebies Land extension has been added to the SMDC Planning Portal. There aren't any major changes, just what appears to be a reduction in the length of queue for the 'rotating ride' (although it's still annotated as having a capacity of 600 persons) which has increased the 'Back of House Area' behind the extension.

armyboy608

simononestop wrote:all the talk of new flat rides.
I cant see why they don't just add some.
I recently went to Brussels and they happened to have a massive fair on with a mile of flat mobile rides. I was amazed at how good they all were.
some were huge and real thrill rides.
even a mobile log flume!
so there are decent flat rides out there.

I was blown away by these 2 great rides
Flat rides can't load people on and off unless stopped so I agree they can be intense buts short que for a flat ride can still take a while to get on.
It works at fun fares because there expensive and the ques never build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guitar

Any news on whether Hex, Nemesis Sub Terra, and the others will be back next year? [obviously not the flume].
S.J_O'Grady

Guitar wrote:Any news on whether Hex, Nemesis Sub Terra, and the others will be back next year? [obviously not the flume].
We're kind of assuming they will be, but there is much speculation that Charlie's contract ran out so is gone for good. Sub Terra is also a bit of a mystery as it doesn't seem to be closed for the same reason as the rest.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Owen

Ahhh, the sweet smell of budget cuts :P
Owen

The resort have now officially announced something new is coming to CBeebies Land in 2017 via the CBeebies Land Facebook page.

S.J_O'Grady

I'd still rather have New Flats than New Friends :-k
xylyx

How about new flat friends?
Owen

Now announced,

Go Jetters Vrommster Zoom Ride

"Join Kyan, Xuli, Lars and Foz on a Go Jetters global adventure as little thrill seekers fly around the world in a Vroomster.

With their very own controls, youngsters can guide their Vroomster up and down as they launch from the Jetpad to help to find Grandmaster Glitch."

The Furchester Hotel Live

"A brand new live and interactive show, where you can join Phoebe, Funella, Furgus, Elmo and Cookie Monster at The Furchester Hotel.

Make your way through the famous revolving doors before being welcomed with furry arms into the hotel.

The show sees the hotel prepare for the exciting arrival of Chick Swagger, you can sing and dance along to the rock-a-doodle-do hit, Tail Feather Shake."
ThemeCrafter264

That does sound quite good. I certainly wasn't expecting the second part of that announcement about a more funhouse/ interactive experience than a meet and greet
Liam.W

Is that... is that a... LAP BAR?! On a Merlin ride?! OMG I'm going to faint :yikes:

EDIT: Just noticed there isn't a restraint on the seat to the left of the picture... World's first ride to fling you out mid-ride on purpose. God Merlin sure love their worlds first.
Last edited by Liam.W on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ThemeCrafter264

What sort of experience will furchester hotel be and where will it go? The building we thought was for meet and greets?
Owen

It will be in the new building as expected yes :)
ThemeCrafter264

Isn't the building rather small to hold an attraction?