2017: New Attractions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

Its a live, interactive show, so won't take up as much room as a new ride, so the space will be sufficient
Liam.W

https://www.garmendale.co.uk/blog/the-q ... n-the-raw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just found this, looks similar to the concept art for Go Jetters :P

EDIT: Just been looking on the site, maybe this could be the ride model: https://www.garmendale.co.uk/theme-park ... ut-system/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT 2: It's also the first model that the manufacturer has made! There's some cool blog posts on here that show the construction of the ride: https://www.garmendale.co.uk/blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

tcw1993

Sawboss wrote:What other flat rides would people want to see at Towers? I've heard people mention a topscan or a suspended topspin.
They won't put a top scan in as Mondial haven't built one for about a decade and I know they've had interest but they say there discontinued. Huss aren't doing much these days either. And they wouldn't buy second hand as it's not worth the upkeep with no warranty

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
Nickolai

The flat's cars look like good quality.
Formally Smiler313
OhShambhala

"The first model will be delivered in Spring 2017 to a UK operator"
No guessing who this is! :lol
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Jack_S

OhShambhala wrote:"The first model will be delivered in Spring 2017 to a UK operator"
No guessing who this is! [emoji38]
First model? I hope Merlin's marketing fools don't find out "World's First Dumbo ride clone manufactured in the UK: fully dedicated to Go Jetters - The Ride"
OhShambhala

Wouldn't suprise me. ](*,)
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Burniel

The Resort have announced on their Instagram that they are running a colouring competition to be the first riders on the Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride. I'm sure everyone here will be interested. :P

Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
MakoMania

Watch it be a bunch of geeks and just one kid on the first ride :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
ThemeCrafter264

I mean I would enter (seriously) but wouldn't be able to visit on the specific date and I am too old to enter :lol
MakoMania

It looks quite good:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by lewis97 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added photo
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This article from the Stoke Sentinel features a video of creative manager, Kieran Kimberley, giving more of an insight into what The Furchester Hotel Live will involve, as well as providing a peek at the interior of the attraction.

ThemeCrafter264

Any attraction reviews?
Tom

Visited The Furchester Hotel yesterday, I thought it was great! The building looks great externally and internally, the puppetry is fantastic and the staff are brilliant. The video portions of it are the only bit that lets it down in my opinion, they seemed to struggle with frame rate issues. I'm sure this could easily be improved, but it doesn't spoil the attraction.

Didn't actually ride Go Jetters, but the ride is really well themed and the music is cool. Everyone seemed to be enjoying it and the queue was long all day. The only problems I could see was that the ride cycle is quite short, and the unloading/loading procedure is quite long-winded.
Ladyofthelake

I managed to do both new attractions on Saturday.

Furchester Hotel has been done very well. The theming is fantastic, and it's great to see the live puppetry. The show was just the right length and managed to strike the right balance to keep both the adults and children entertained. It's easily one of the best attractions in CBeebies Land.

Go Jetters fits in nicely with its lively music and good theming. The only criticism I have of it is that the ride cycle is far too short. I can't help but feel that the ride was being operated on short cycles to make up for the lengthy loading times.

One thing the new attractions do really help to do is open up the far end of CBeebies Land. Previously Tree Fu Tom and Mr Bloom's Allotments were kind of tucked away and easy to miss, but now Furchester and Go Jetters help naturally drive traffic around to the far side of the area.
MakoMania

Apparently Go Jetters was closed all day today :?