Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ryan.B

As we all know, the 2015 season hasn't been the greatest, but now things are looking up with the introduction of a three year refurbishment plan, 'Towers Loving Care'
First off, the Air Enhancements.
Not one but two brand new attractions

Every season we aim bring you new and exciting experiences, whether it’s a world record breaking ride, themed lands or immersive shows. 2016 promises to be a meteoric year for the Resort, with not one but two brand new attractions. We’ve got a ground-breaking ride experience and a very unique restaurant unlike any other in the UK lined up to open in 2016. There is also a new coffee shop and entertainment which will debut next year. The exact details of our 2016 news are still top secret, but #watchthisspace for more details in the New Year.

Towers Loving Care

In addition to the new attractions, restaurants and amazing entertainment we have next year, we are also committed to continuing our work to enhance the Alton Towers Resort. As part of this, in 2016 we will introduce ‘Towers Loving Care’, our experience improvement scheme which is all about sprinkling extra sparkle and shine on the Resort. From repainting whole areas of the Theme Park, relaying pathways and improving signage, to complete redesigns or refurbishment of attractions. Over the next 3 years, it is our desire to bring you new and exciting attractions for all ages, develop our accommodation offering and to ensure that the existing areas of the Resort continue to feel our love. As part of this scheme you will see changes to our line up in 2016 but we’ll bring you more news of this in January.

So, what does everyone think of 'towers loving care'?
Liam.W

It's good that they are making sure the park is kept in good condition, it's just a shame that some rides will have to shut for this to happen. Hopefully the closures will be fully worth it!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

RIDECRAZY

With the rumoured closure of CATCF and the confirmation that ride lineup will change for 2016, could the refurbishment be a change of theme? I know the sponsorship is soon to run out and 2016 is a Roald Dahl Anniversary, yet the resort are being wary to announce any plans to celebrate this on their twitter with numerous people asking about it. However it could live another year for the anniversary to join in on the celebrations?
Steven2703

Lets hope this isn't going to be like Chessingtons refurbishment plan from a few years back (I'm still mourning the loss of the Dragon Falls themeing)
daboywunda

"complete redesigns or refurbishment of attractions" - A Smiler rebrand / rename do we think too?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

daboywunda wrote:"complete redesigns or refurbishment of attractions" - A Smiler rebrand / rename do we think too?
Towers have stated on social media that it will remain 'The Smiler' when it reopens.
mattiepearce

Hopefully the new 'Towers Loving Care' project doesn't leave out any part of the park no matter how small, even if it's just some worn off paint on a handrail compared, to ride scenery(cough nemesis track cough), but I don't have my hopes up!
fillc85

First when i read this i was glad they are finally going to bring some of the areas up to date and hopefully make the area as good as they can be again. I remember the old days of Ug Land, when i first visited the towers, and every area at that point had at least one decent flat ride. Now they barely have one decent flat ride.

In the other hand....after profits have been down last year, part of me thinks this is this a way to save money. By closing sections of the park over the next three years so they will be saving on operator costs, maintenance costs vs the cost of paint. I make my bet now that the entrance fee wont be reduced for a reduced line up.

Unless they are planning on majorly bringing everything up to date, especially considering Paramount is now only a few years a way. I really hope the latter is the case.
Tom170499

So a new Twitter account has been set up for Towers Loving Care and the cover photo appears to show a section of Nemesis track has been repainted.

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/AltonTLC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JordDavenport

Image :) Nemesis track re-paint on going! Looks brand new!!!
Last edited by JordDavenport on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sawboss

If only someone could take some aerial shots of nemesis.. :D
Liam.W

Sawboss wrote:If only someone could take some aerial shots of nemesis.. :D
*cough* MI7...

I hope they don't turn nemesis all white! It is too generic!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Sawboss

I assume they're neatening it up so it doesn't clash with the air revamp as much. Pure white could be cool, the twisting skeletal limbs of an indescribable malevolent creature!
Tom170499

I like Nemesis how it is. The rustic look feels right. It looked out of place when it first opened but over time it has aged well to look genuine.
Matt_1985

Good news, love it.
MakoMania

Love that red colour :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Luviico

So I'm confused here, is it being painted white or red? Because some of you are suggesting there were red rusty parts already but I've always recalled the entire track being white?
MakoMania

Luviico wrote:So I'm confused here, is it being painted white or red? Because some of you are suggesting there were red rusty parts already but I've always recalled the entire track being white?
In 2015 the track was, I don't know the word but a kind of rustic cream colour with red streaks and quite a bit of additional dirt. If you look at the Nemesis track in 2005 compared to 2015 it looked a lot cleaner. I'm not 100% sure but I think that currently they are repainting the track white with some red over it in areas.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Altontowersbarlow

That's really good to see, Forbidden valley is going to look beautiful when the park re-opens this year. If they can keep re-painting, refurbishing and adding new rides over the three years planned, Alton Towers could really feel magical again!
Doopy Dan

The white is a base coat. Has to be applied to protect the track. Looks the same off white base coat that is visible in pictures when it opened in 1994. The rustic look will no doubt be applied afterwards. Hopefully the station and waterfalls get some much needed attention too.