Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

Jared wrote:Hex is an issue, not as big as the fact that the Monorail won't open this year...
Do you have a source?

The fact you've said "it won't open" rather than "I don't think it will open" suggests you have heard this from someone.

There hasn't been so much as a whisper about the Monorail not operating.
Jared

I can't name names on a forum to protect those involved, but let's just say I have no reason not to trust what I've been told. Why else would the park be putting a new path in...
Capt.Barnacles

The new path leading towards Galactica and the Rollercoaster restaurant is most likely for exactly that. For Resort guests to have access to the restaurant after park hours.
owenrita121

Gotta love it when people just come out with random stuff, that new path is nowhere near big enough for all the park guests to use and would make Towers Street completely redundant... Absolutely ridiculous statement with no source to back it up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Ryan.B

It could be viable for a second gate though, which could possibly be for online bookings and hotels ;)

EDIT: I presume this is the area you mean?

Photo credit: TowersStreet Facebook

It does look like it could be shaped up to be a complete new entrance, not this season (I believe we'd need planning, and the monorail track is still there) but would they really start construction on a new entrance here this early on, with it being so close to the 2016 season, and so far to the 2017 season? maybe remove the monorail next year, clear trees to make it a lot wider for guest flow through, and probably add some buildings? Jared, do you know when this is set for, and if its going to be a entrance for everyone, or just a small second gate as presumably if it was a new entrance, monorail track would be removed, and then not many would be willing to walk to towers street as its quite far with young children and no monorail. What would happen to Express Parking?
Michelle

There has been talk for a long time of the second entrance so it's not completely unreasonable that it would still be on the cards with the RCR development, if only on a smaller scale at the moment. I've not heard anything of it happening this season but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Luviico

It would be a ridiculous decision to have the monorail shut without a proper new entrance being built first. The 2016 season is not the season to be making the towers street entrance redundant. No doubt not running the monorail would save a lot on money but logistically with the park in its current state it would be a stupid decision.
Master_feedback

They have to make some kind of new entrance for rcr their is already a direct access to the carpark from around rcr / nem area it is quite a wide concrete road for deliverys so it's not going to be that hard to have a new entrence their with minimal work

We know alton dont really want the monorail from a cost point of view so I think it's very possible it dosent make tower street redundent as coach bus disable and priority parking is that end of the park
Jammydodger

I could see them running shuttle busses instead of the Monorail on ultra-quiet days, depending on gate figures. Isn't that what they do during Feb Half term?
Stan.H

Jammydodger wrote:I could see them running shuttle busses instead of the Monorail on ultra-quiet days, depending on gate figures. Isn't that what they do during Feb Half term?
Yeah, that's what they did during last years half term event.
Tom170499

Emporium wrote:
Jammydodger wrote:I could see them running shuttle busses instead of the Monorail on ultra-quiet days, depending on gate figures. Isn't that what they do during Feb Half term?
Yeah, that's what they did during last years half term event.
It is a combination of low guest numbers and colder temperatures.
Justin

It would be really nice to see a second entrance and to see FV opened up more as a leisure area for hotel guests to use after the park closes. The Rollercoaster Restaurant would be a good start, especially if more was added over the coming years. If a space theme was to continue in the area, then this would be an ideal for theme for the area with early evening use. I'm thinking more 'Summer Nights' with selected rides open.

Regardless, another entrance would be good, however I doubt Towers Street would replace it completely, particularly with Cbeebies being next to it. I can't see parents being very happy walking from FV to it. At least now they have the Monorail for ease of access.
Aidan Lowe

Firstly this post is a bit of everything.

With the TLC scheme being introduced and the news overnight paranormal hunts will stop this summer do we feel this is perhaps because of renovations and such within the towers due to take place or do they merely stop them each year around that time because they'll begin preparations for Scarefest?

One source said they are stopping them after summer, the other said they're stopping them after this year.
Long Term Development Plan wrote:The second phase also includes the possible development of further resort accommodation, continued investment into the Towers ruins and Gardens and investment in the local road and bus network.
With Thorpe Park getting Containment is it at all possible they may make for example Sub Species a permanent thing as well?
Alton Towers Resort wrote:@rolicoli8 We do not expect the West Wing to be open this year - it's great for the spooky season, but not quite suitable for exploring!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Andy Mc wrote:Firstly this post is a bit of everything.

With the TLC scheme being introduced and the news overnight paranormal hunts will stop this summer do we feel this is perhaps because of renovations and such within the towers due to take place or do they merely stop them each year around that time because they'll begin preparations for Scarefest?

With Thorpe Park getting Containment is it at all possible they may make for example Sub Species a permanent thing too?
Its possible, although very highly unlikely, that Sub Species will become a permanent attraction. Saw Alive comes to mind. As for the ghost hunt thing, it could be for any number of reasons and could quite possibly have absolutely nothing to do with Towers Loving Care. Restoration is always happening with the towers, so i wouldn't think that the towers themselves are actually being included in the Towers Loving Care scheme.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I couldn't see Sub Species becoming a permanent attraction in the sense that it's operated all year round, but I could see it being logical to leave the relatively extensive sets of the labyrinth portion installed throughout the year.
Justin

Are the containers still up?

While it makes sense, I do hope they dont close other parts. I love exploring the Towers.
MakoMania

Exploring the towers is on my bucket list for this season. Only been in a few times before, mostly after being on Hex.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Justin

It is a must MakoMania!

It is really interesting to look around, especially around the maze areas (if open). There are so many things to see. Going around on your own is quite exciting to, as you feel that you are well and truly on your own, even though it is in the middle of the park!
MakoMania

@Altontlc have started to tweet! Daily updates coming. Today they posted new roofs at admissions plaza and also Frog Hopper enhancements.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Sawboss

MakoMania wrote:@Altontlc have started to tweet! Daily updates coming. Today they posted new roofs at admissions plaza and also Frog Hopper enhancements.
Wicked, nice to see the little details. I wonder if they'll continue doing little bits and bobs around the park during open season.