Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Joel Allen

MakoMania wrote:Didn't the park say on twitter a few weeks/moths ago that they intend to reopen Twirling Toadstool in 2019?
Yes you’re correct, let’s hope this happens! I would love it back next year
Justin

Leek Signs have posted some pictures of the improvements they've installed in SeaLife over the closed season on their Facebook page.

Justin

Leek Signs have posted another update. It looks like the old Ripsaw site won't have anything added to it, apart from a new HB Leisure game!

DeadJack5

It's certainly a shame that the Ripsaw site still isn't used for something genuinely useful. We are just seeing Leisure game stalls being installed to fill the gap. Maybe in the future we may see a new ride there.

Speaking of TLC, I do hope even though the updates have stopped we will have seen some upkeep across the park. I loved the TLC program and thought it was so insightful to see the work that is done over the closed season.
GregH94

TowersStreet's Facebook have just shared a photo of a returned Blade, it looks like they did a masterful job of making it look brand new - go take a look, you wouldn't think it was nearly 40 years old - in fact it looks like it would fit in Mutiny Bay more now. 

If the TLC page were still regularly sharing updates this would have definitely been worthy.
DeadJack5

The images GregH94 was referring to.

Source: Mectek Mechanical Services
Justin

It does look good. I'm actually surprised they didn't change the colour scheme of The Blade!
Cobby

Wooo freshly painted blade which we can brake at the next TTSP event  :lol
Justin

Leek Signs have posted some photos of some new signage installed around the car park and accommodation.

With the above, it is disappointing that the grammar was not picked up by Alton... *Minute/minute *Walk/walk *Vehicles/vehicles.

Justin

I couldn't take any photos as it was too dangerous, but Enterprise is currently in pieces behind the ride area in the wooded section between X Sector and the road. When driving past you can see 3 or 4 cages.

The site looks untouched, so it is hard to tell when, or if, it will be back?
Robert.W

They can’t really afford to lose another ride, they already have a *very* long list of removed rides that they still haven’t opened replacements for. They certainly aren’t making it easy for themselves. But Enterprise should be back open sometime in June, apparently they are awaiting on a part from Huss.

Mikw

Some new signs have gone up in X-Sector mentioning "The Smiler" and "Oblivion" but not Enterprise. Make of that what you will.
Dan

Enterprise isn’t going anywhere, as confirmed by Wayne Burton :P

DerpyQuark

What do those new signs look like? I'm interested.
DeadJack5

The new X Sector signs.
Source: Leek Signs Facebook

DerpyQuark

I like those new signs because they fit in well with the area. However, it says 14 LOOPS, not inversions.
Mango18

That sign bugged me a little but I think they’re catering to the GP “What’s an inversion Shannon?”
Justin

I must agree. Kids will also understand the term 'loops' more compared to inversions :)

Great to see some signs finally back, after nearly 4 years! :)
DerpyQuark

I'm pleased to see the signs back, too! They were such a good edition to X Sector, so I'm glad to see them back!
ATMusic

Good photos