Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Krazycoaster

Tom170499 wrote:
Owen wrote:No, 13's soundtrack was not created by IMAscore. If it was it would be listed on IMAscores portfolio, and Candy Holland wouldn't have said The Smiler was their first project with the company.
I believe it was created by Pit Stop Productions but I'm not too sure.
You would be correct.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for IMA, I love their work. Whilst they may use similar composition techniques for their tracks they each provide an unique feel which definitely adds to the atmosphere of any ride.
Adam.W

Something that partially needs to be considered is the fact a specification is given to IMAscore, I mean Merlin told them that they wanted 'A new genre of music' for the smiler, which they did well. With the galactica music, you have the futuristic sort of air-like music, but then you have the more bass-y bit, which is still futuristic and represents the futuristic theme well. Remember, it's only 3 of IMAscore's tracks that sound similar, but it's more than just today's genre of music.
xylyx

When I went Friday it sounded like, on Galactica, they were playing the main theme to one of my favorite films: Sunshine.

https://youtu.be/_0UJk4EUzB0

Which immediately put me in a good frame of mind for the journey. I've not listened to the full IMAscore track for Galactica, but if they're using these heavy sci-fi themes as reference for the score on this ride then I can only applaud them.

However I agree that the dark forest music is spot on at the minute. I'm always open to new ideas so I'm intrigued by what they mean in the tweet stating it will sound great. Hopefully just improving the audio across the zone rather than a revamp but if they do revamp I hope they don't lose that creepy atmosphere.
Owen

I personally love what IMAscore have done, however I don't want them to be overused because it will inevitably become a bit less impressive - which we definitely don't want! :P

The one piece of music I hope that they don't change is the Dark Forest and surrounding area because personally, I feel PitStop done a fantastic job with that music and it would be a real shame to see it changed before it needs to be :)
theparklifekid

As we know, Hex is closed as part of the Towers Loving Care program, am I the only one who thinks that Duel will be part of the program?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
tjreevzi00

I went on duel yesterday, seems as if they have already made some slight improvements and repairs, still plenty to do though, so maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam.W

They are still using the old KC music from 2015 in some parts of KC (mainly around the pizza pasta, path to mutiny bay and CRR). They are using a new track in the shop and around the stone KATANGA CANYON sign by mutiny bay, and the original KC music around RMT (pre 2012)
Tom170499

Adam.W wrote:They are still using the old KC music from 2015 in some parts of KC (mainly around the pizza pasta, path to mutiny bay and CRR). They are using a new track in the shop and around the stone KATANGA CANYON sign by mutiny bay, and the original KC music around RMT (pre 2012)
The "new" one is from 2007. Personally, I prefer the faster 2015 music.
Jammydodger

I'm going to be honest, after seeing the TLC updates firsthand I was left with an overwhelming sense of it all being too little too late. The park has been left to rot for so long that in my opinion the things they've done so far probably only account for 5-10% of the things that the park need to fix. The additions have been nice, but unless they plan on seriously ramping things up over the next few seasons then I really don't see the point in this whole program. It's just general grounds keeping. It doesn't need its own Twitter page or to be advertised all over the park. It just needs to be happening on a constant basis. Not just for the next three years.
Owen

It wasn't necessary to have a Twitter page no. However it was a little bonus for enthusiasts to look at what's going on and keep them entertained over closed season. I agree that they should keep it up however they aren't doing minor improvements like most parks do - they're redoing a bunch including revamping multiple attractions. I see both sides of this - however it's been a nice little thing to keep people entertained, which I respect towers for and am grateful for.
xylyx

I was looking forward to getting back on the park regardless but the twitter updates made me eager to do so. Even with the Minor updates it set off in my mind all the emotions associated with a visit. I thought they did a great job :)
Sawboss

Speaking as someone who only visits once a year the park didn't look that bad to me, I certainly didn't think it looked run down. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the park, or maybe I'm just not the sort of person who notices that stuff.
Arwen

Went on Spinball and noticed the new music but still had the the old announcements (which are amazingly cheesy)

I thought there were meant to be new annocements from IMA score?
MJNemesis

I shamefully hadn't been for a few years before I went on Monday.

2 things stood out most:
1: There may as well be Zero flat rides. Enterprise and Blade? It stands out like a sore thumb now. Why they ditched Ripsaw and put that stupid 'jump over the poles' thing there I will never understand.

2: The park felt a lot tidier than my last visit. Granted it was far less busy but in general, tidier, well kept pathways and plants, even the shops were in perfect order. Plus the staff all seemed in good spirits. There wasn't one bad staff member, even at the hotel.
Justin

MJNemesis wrote:I shamefully hadn't been for a few years before I went on Monday.
1: There may as well be Zero flat rides. Enterprise and Blade? It stands out like a sore thumb now. Why they ditched Ripsaw and put that stupid 'jump over the poles' thing there I will never understand.
Unfortunately, Ripsaw reached the end of its life and could not cut it for another season. I am sure Alton evaluates each attraction to see if it is viable to open for another season, but this ride did not meet the criteria. It was also part of the LTDP, so was to be expected!

I am confident more flats will be added, but having a game on the site instead of tarmac will be considered the better option!
JonDoesTT

Justin wrote:I am confident more flats will be added, but having a game on the site instead of tarmac will be considered the better option!
A game is better than just tarmac, yeah, but having a new theming element for either nemesis or Galactica there would have been much better in my opinion. Hopefully though, the reason they put a game there is to add something new, as it does look temporary, and a new flat would fit nicely there.

Credit to NemesisRider
Tom170499

JonDoesTT wrote:
Justin wrote:I am confident more flats will be added, but having a game on the site instead of tarmac will be considered the better option!
A game is better than just tarmac, yeah, but having a new theming element for either nemesis or Galactica there would have been much better in my opinion. Hopefully though, the reason they put a game there is to add something new, as it does look temporary, and a new flat would fit nicely there.
Why would they go to the effort of removing the queue line if they were to put a new flat ride there? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the extended queue line for Submission is still there, behind the bushes. If that is the case, I'd expect a new flat ride, if any, to go there.
JonDoesTT

Tom170499 wrote:
JonDoesTT wrote:
Why would they go to the effort of removing the queue line if they were to put a new flat ride there? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the extended queue line for Submission is still there, behind the bushes. If that is the case, I'd expect a new flat ride, if any, to go there.
True, although it doesn't have to be a new flat they put there. In the Q&A we had on the Spring Spectacular meet, they said they were interested in turning the area near where ripsaw was into an evening area for hotel guests and evening visitors. It could be a place for a band, which they also said was going to be in this evening area.

Credit to NemesisRider
stealthsmiler

JonDoesTT wrote:
Depends on Alton Towers plans for the site. If they are planning to redevelop it soon, then adding theming would just be an expense where as a temporary game like this will create additional revenue.

Although I feel ripsaw needs a replacement soon, I think Forbidden Valley can go without another ride in its place as it already has enough in my opinion.
MakoMania

stealthsmiler wrote:Forbidden Valley can go without another ride in its place as it already has enough in my opinion.
If Sub-Terra reopens.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]