Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
zakwoolley1

I think too much IMA score is a bad thing. All their tracks are very similar. Listen to Galactica's soundtrack. It sounds very similar to Smiler and helix. Occasionally IMA score compose something good but that is when they are helped by the old melodies of the park such as the 2015 fireworks music. In my opinion, the old music on the park such as nemesis, oblivon, duel, mutiny bay and kentanga canyon have a much stronger personality and charm to them than any original IMA score music would.
I very much hope that IMA score doesn't compose the new music as I imagine it will just be tacky synths with heavy drums and very repetable but unmemorable.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

I think the Dark Forest music is timeless, its perfect as it is & fits the area well.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

zakwoolley1 wrote:All their tracks are very similar.
So the Smiler's soundtrack sounds like Galactica's? :?

I personally like Th13teen's soundtrack but I hate the one that plays around Rita & the rest of Dark Forest. It's just so boring.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Aidan Lowe

MakoMania wrote:
zakwoolley1 wrote:All their tracks are very similar.
So the Smiler's soundtrack sounds like Galactica's? :?
I think what he means is that you can hear certain traits throughout their work. While I love IMAscore it would be unwise to deck the whole park out with their style of music as you will begin to hear similarities in style in each piece.

Same with some DJs/singers you'll often find they'll use some of the same melodies in various tracks. It's nice to have a variety imo.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Yeah I see what you're saying.

But I'd still have no problem if they came in and made new soundtracks for everything!
zakwoolley1

If you forget about the ha ha ha in Smiler's music and think about the rest of it you can hear the similarities between the two pieces. Chords played in a deep / dirty synth sound followed by some kind of build up (usually four single notes in another synth sound) then the same chord again.

I can imagine if they redid all the music on park that most of it would be similar. Don't get me wrong there would be a few good pieces and most of them would be good on their own but I imagine that if a the park's music was all composed by IMA score that the big six's music will definitely sounds similar.

I much prefer what towers did in the nineties and 00's where they would go with different composers to mix it up a bit.

Jammydodger

I would say the similarities probably come from the fact all these new IMAscore tracks are being produced in the same era. Each track in the park highly reflects the year it was produced. Nemesis features grand orchestral pieces, common in early 90's movies, think Jurassic park etc. Oblivion has its distinct drum and bass track which became popular in the late 90s, and air was a perfect example of new millennium euphoria.
zakwoolley1

I suppose but if you look nemesis, haunted house, toyland tours and the original kentanga canyon music (which were all from the early 90's) they don't sound as similar as smiler and galactica do.

MakoMania

Well, Galactica & The Smiler sound nothing alike to me, maybe I'm dillusional :lol ?
Owen

They doesn't specifically SOUND the same, however they are both produced in the same way. This means that they both have a similar feel and a similar atmospheric application, which is nice for a few places - but you still want variety! ;)

Think, if every area had a similar soundtrack all the music would start to sound less impressive and repeative, something you don't want in a theme park atmosphere.
S.J_O'Grady

I'm not sure what to think about this to be honest. I know what everyone's saying about it sounding too repetitive but personally I think all soundtracks having a set feel to them could bring the whole resort together a bit, and give a general, iconic theme.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
zakwoolley1

But IMA score produces more atmospheric music rather than melody driven music so lots of it all over the park would feel repetitive in a bad way as there wouldn't be much variation.

zakwoolley1

I don't know if any one has heard but tlc have posted on twitter that they've repainted the food outlets in fv. Image

I like how they've continued during the season and not just waited until the winter.

NemesisRider

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Th13teen soundtrack already by IMAscore? If it is, within The Smiler's, Th13teen's and Galactica's soundtrack you get a fiat bit of variety, although I understand what you all mean. Personally I love IMA, I think what Towers could use in terms of a soundtrack from them is something like Flug Der Daemonen, more orchestral but with less bassy and low than Nemesis.
Owen

No, 13's soundtrack was not created by IMAscore. If it was it would be listed on IMAscores portfolio, and Candy Holland wouldn't have said The Smiler was their first project with the company.
ChainedOak

I'm sorry to say that I've become quite concerned with the flaking paint on Nemesis... when I went recently whenever a train went through the vertical loop large shards of paint flaked off every time- it looked like confetti at the right angle. There were bits of paint flakes all over the place around Nemmy (so much so that there is now a nice piece of rust effect paint flake on my wall). It's all a bit worrying and I'm not sure how long the paint will last before looking completely terrible. :?
Tom170499

Owen wrote:No, 13's soundtrack was not created by IMAscore. If it was it would be listed on IMAscores portfolio, and Candy Holland wouldn't have said The Smiler was their first project with the company.
I believe it was created by Pit Stop Productions but I'm not too sure.
zakwoolley1

Merlin really needs to change the paint they're using. Nemesis is already flaking off, cebbebies land had repaint only 2 years after opening...

Tom170499

zakwoolley1 wrote:Merlin really needs to change the paint they're using. Nemesis is already flaking off, cebbebies land had repaint only 2 years after opening...

And then there's The Smiler... It didn't look very good today.

Still awesome though :)
LiamWhitehurst

The tlc work at mutiny bay (new banners) is already coming undone, just walked past mutiny bay and took this pictureImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk