Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheDuke

Towers just posted this https://www.altontowers.com/useful-info ... he-towers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A good read into all the refurbishment and new effects that have been done to hex
S.J_O'Grady

Nice to see that they've actually added to the sets. Getting an attraction back up to the standards of its opening day is good, but when it's an improvement - that's what I like to see!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

There is no doubt that these improvements are going to be liked by many, but everything that has been done could have easily been done over the usual closed season and it probably hasn't been touched all year whilst it's been closed. It's a little annoying to know that it has been closed purely for cost cutting. Similarly, the Flume throughout 2016, which could have also been opened for one last season. It's a shame really. Having said that, Hex is looking great and I'm looking forward to riding again this year.
Nickolai

The update was a really good read! From the images the best update for me is the lighting and set redressing! However, did it take them a year to do all of that? ;)
Formally Smiler313
Liam.W

Looking good! Although that could have easily been done during a closed season. Last year it was purely closed for cost cutting, then Alton must have realised they have to do something this closed season otherwise they're going to have angry enthusiasts to deal with :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

Liam.W wrote:Looking good! Although that could have easily been done during a closed season.
I don't think it could have given the tightness on staff at the minute, with more staff then yeah it could have. It didn't need all season though, should've reopened for May 2016.

Overall I'm very impressed, new sets look amazing and the attention to detail looks brilliant!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
alicheesy

I'm loving the improvements but I'm slightly concerned about the smell pods as I'm basically emotionally attached to the old ones. Hopefully it's mostly the same smell or my nose will cry
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Frontdoordumbledore

Could be my favourite ride on park anyway tbh, loving the care and attention it is receiving and look forward to opening day!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
jamesc

The operating costs saved by having it closed in 2016, they have spent on the refurbishments, just a way of off setting the costs a smart business move at the expense of one less attraction for their guests in 2016.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
S.J_O'Grady

jamesc wrote:The operating costs saved by having it closed in 2016, they have spent on the refurbishments, just a way of off setting the costs a smart business move at the expense of one less attraction for their guests in 2016.
True, only it wasn't one less attraction really, it was 7, and only 2 of them have reopened :-k
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

S.J_O'Grady wrote:
jamesc wrote:The operating costs saved by having it closed in 2016, they have spent on the refurbishments, just a way of off setting the costs a smart business move at the expense of one less attraction for their guests in 2016.
True, only it wasn't one less attraction really, it was 7, and only 2 of them have reopened :-k
And two more have closed...
ROYJESS

Yeah! About time too :)

The road running along the coach park leading to the express car park is finally getting resurfaced!‬

No more boneshaker and car suspension destruction from the road

Images taken from TS FB page

TuesdayNightChat

Looking forward to seeing what kind of TLC the soa is getting since it has been shut for a long time.
Aidan Lowe

The many times my car has suffered along that stretch of road to the express car park. About time!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Capt.Barnacles

Drove down it this evening! Looks very nice!

Also worth mentioning is the corkscrews in the plaza appear to be being repainted. Could be wrong though.
Dom

Sit Back it's fright time! Nemesis monster phase 2 of the refurbishment complete...
Liam.W

Oh. My. God.

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

TheDuke

A before and after shot of the nemesis stage 2 repaint posted by the TLC twitter, impressed as always with these repaints.
Towers Loving Care wrote: Worthy of a quick before and after snapshot..
TheDuke

A shot of Hex's new effects looking really well cant wait to see myself
Towers Loving Care wrote: After months of fine tuning, tonight we experienced Hex from start to finish and we are pleased to say that it was simply magical!
Dom

I must admit, all these Hex updates is actually making me want to ride it again, even if I need to close my eyes in the last room :lol