Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

It is nice that they’ve had a tidy up of the facade but I think the thing we all want to see is the interior. Apart from the pictures that were released two weeks ago, I’m hoping there’s been some serious adjustments made to the lighting, especially in the screaming head room.
Justin

I have to agree. I really want to see the changes made inside Duel. There are many effects which are broken and need work, so I hope that these are being addressed.
TLC done such a great job with Hex, so I am really hoping Duel follows the same pattern.
Zach

Ask and I guess you shall receive! This morning this was posted to Towers Loving Care’s social media, a long with a host of images some of which I’ve included below.

And a few more behind the scenes pics from the Duel TLC programme. These show the detailed repair and repaint work going on by our theming experts. Work includes having all the scenic walls and props repaired and painted, new UV lighting continues to be fine tuned and every single one of the 34 ride cars has had a paint job to make them look as good as new again. We can’t wait for you to visit and see what you think...

Dan

The Towers Loving Care Facebook page has posted some images showing the work completed on Tree Fu Tom Training Camp in CBeebies Land.

They’ve also given us another sneak peek at the work taking place on Duel.
Join us tomorrow for more updates from our Duel TLC.. in the meantime, see this great before and after shot of one of the screaming heads...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The guys who cleaned up Tree Fu Tom seemingly had the time of their lives going by this video! The results are quite impressive though, with it practically looking brand new again.
Dan

We have another Towers Loving Care update in the form of work that has taken place on the crypt in front of Duel.

Before:

After:
Kraken

It all looks good, yes, but it should all be under the guise of routine maintenance, as opposed to "loving care".  
Tom170499

Kraken wrote:It all looks good, yes, but it should all be under the guise of routine maintenance, as opposed to "loving care".  
I agree completely. There are also other areas of the park (such as The Smiler) that need attention more than Duel. This is all well and good, but as Kraken said, it shouldn’t have been allowed to get to this point. This should be routine, not a special case.
Stan.H

I totally agree with what said above, but I suppose it just works well on Towers' part on their impression to the GP as its basically free marketing for them as they're pretty much glorifying routine maintenance. However, I do like seeing the updates, but they are just making it seem like they're going out of their way to make things look how they should be.
Bert

Am I the only person who thinks it looks like the demon from DBGT but green and has teeth?
[Insert Signature Here]
Danny

We have another Duel update for TLC!

They have also confirmed the ride will open this weekend and the TLC project will continue when the park is closed in the evenings and mid week. :)
Justin

As Danny mentioned, Towers Loving Care has posted a TLC update...
Towers Loving Care wrote:More fantastic repaints on the screaming heads in Duel. We're still fine tuning the lighting and timings throughout the attraction, something we'll be working on continuously for the next couple of weeks to ensure the finished effect is perfect.

Morgan

Went on Duel a few times today. The TLC is generally great, although I do feel there's too much UV. However, the audio is a million times better, and the screaming room is finally dark again. Apparently it's not quite finished yet, so hopefully in a month or so's time it'll be a better experience overall.
Rustyo

Have they fixed the trommel?
Dan

Rustyo wrote:Have they fixed the trommel?
Nope, it appears to have had some UV paint applied but it isn’t rotating. I believe a permanent fix to the trommel would be quite a complicated and costly job, so I think we’ll be waiting a while until it’s functional again.
Rustyo

Thanks for the reply, it’s a shame it’s not been fixed but I’m still looking forward to seeing the other improvements that TLC have done.
Robert.W

Dan wrote:
Rustyo wrote:Have they fixed the trommel?
Nope, it appears to have had some UV paint applied but it isn’t rotating. I believe a permanent fix to the trommel would be quite a complicated and costly job, so I think we’ll be waiting a while until it’s functional again.
So they do at least intend to have it fixed at some point. :)

Whoguru5

So glad duel is getting the love it needs. 

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
Rustyo

Thanks for the update Rob, it's good to know they are looking into it.
Last edited by Dan on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken image link
Justin

I'm little late posting these, but Leek Signs have posted some pictures of the improvements they've installed over the closed season on their Facebook page.

Entrance

Towers Trading

Forbidden Valley

Mutiny Bay

Goal Striker

Hotel Arcades