Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ThemeCrafter264

Hope you all love bright colours because here is Cuckoo Cars Driving School
S.J_O'Grady

Seems odd that they should want to re enforce the CCL theme when half of its attractions are closed
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
MakoMania

More than half even! Frog Hopper, Gallopers & Driving School open, Ice Age, Charlie, Twirling Toadstools & Wobble World closed!

This area of the parks needs to be refurbished with rides reopening or needs to be rethemed altogether! I'd imagine stickers could easily be ripped off the driving school cars though.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
S.J_O'Grady

MakoMania wrote:More than half even! Frog Hopper, Gallopers & Driving School open, Ice Age, Charlie, Twirling Toadstools & Wobble World closed!

This area of the parks needs to be refurbished with rides reopening or needs to be rethemed altogether! I'd imagine stickers could easily be ripped off the driving school cars though.
I still haven't got over the time when it's only proper theming feature was removed for the queue line of an attraction that didn't even fit the theme! :lol
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Nice to see that they have put the effort in although we all know that the stickers won't last long.
Dom

Cuckoo Cuckoo! We've all had a makeover, but who is your favourite character? #Hedgehogs #BlueZebra #SunbathingSheep
Owen

Oh goodness, what on earth we're they smoking when deciding on that sheeps outfit! Whilst I can see the funny side I've got to admit it's slightly uncomfortable considering the age range the attraction is aimed at :lol

That being said it does look like effort has been put in and I hope that the improvements still look as colourful by November!
Justin

I think the improvements are great. Certainly Cuckoo!
The sheep isn't that bad, but the colour coordination certainly makes certain assests stand out.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Will be interesting to see if they finally drill a drainage hole in the sheeps 'hood'. It would always fill up with water and looked silly.
xylyx

A sheep in a bikini , Hehe compared to some of the things our European brothers and sisters have in their parks that's nothing. Kids won't care, if they even notice they'll just find it funny.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yeah they should have added some theming like this:

Owen

I can certainly say I wasn't anticipating to see that when scrolling through this thread! :lol
Luce

I have to say the sheep is a bit unusual but then again it's kind of cartoon-like I guess!

Although it is nice that Merlin are re-opening attractions :)
Dan

Towers Loving Care wrote:

Toilet TLC - cubicle install next week!
Ryan.B

If this is the mutiny Bay toilets, the need to put speakers in that say 'aaargh' when someone flushes. :P
Dom

Can you spot which 3 tiles have been cleaned in this picture? Our Hex TLC blog post detailing the full refurbishment project to follow soon
TheDuke

Thats looking really good, cant wait to see that full post on it
Nickolai

I can't spot anything but pure Hex. Was the 3 tiles thing a joke? :lol
Formally Smiler313
Nickolai

Sorry to double post but I know which tiles the TLC team are on about. Yes I can see now. It should look great! Bring on this season!
Formally Smiler313
Adz
Admin
Admin

That Hex image just goes to show how some elements really have deteriorated over the years. Those tiles were never meant to be 'dirty' in the way we've been used to seeing them for the last 10+ years.

Hopefully they continue this into other areas of the park where the current theming style covers up a lot of sins, such as Katanga Canyon which has many overgrown and lost theming elements.