Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
theparklifekid

Towers Loving Care continues with some work on in the dark forest!Image
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Altontowersbarlow

Good find! I'm not going to pretend they are perfect looking, however that is really going to fit in nicely with the idea of the dark forest taking over. I always envisioned that fence as a partition between the dark forest (Th13teen) and the rest of the area,so the vines coming over does make it appear as though the dark forest is advancing over. If they add more of those fake vines all over the fence combined with some real vines, it would look really effective. Love it!
S.J_O'Grady

Theming additions to DF are always welcomed by myself, and Rita's theme is nice and clear and these little things really bring the whole area together.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Ladyofthelake

Another small TLC update this evening with the Resort tweeting about the replacement of stickers which were peeling from the Get Set Go queue-line games with new, tamper proof versions.

looptheloop

Extra vines and ropes have now also been added to the Dark Forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dom

As mentioned above, here are the images

Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote:The Battle Galleons team were busy yesterday giving it some #AltonTLC

RobHand

I am loving all the small but noticeable changes they are making to the resort. Im going with my family in a week and it will be there first time, and I know for a fact that they will have a better first impression of the resort because of this. Yeah it sucks that a chunk of attractions are down for "refurbishment", but it's great that they are really looking into fine details of the park to see what can be improved .
Also to people who are saying this should be done as part of the general cleaning of the park anyway, I agree, but they really have made sure it all looks amazing, not just a half hearted job.

Props to the ATR Team :clap:
Cobby

I don't know if it was part of TLC but I was on park yesterday and there has been a few minor changes around oblivion. The first thing I noticed was that they have added a fence on the exit to the ride which was higher than the old one and has orange arrows on the bottom. The second was that occasionally a speaker on/near the rehydrator would say "Don't look down" or "Subject (number) you are to close to the perimeter fence please stand back" it was something like that. I don't know how long these have been here but I haven't been to towers for awhile. Finally this is not part of TLC but the station was doing duel loading again which was good to see back. :D
Justin

Hi Cobby,

It has been mentioned about those changes. The fence will certainly be down to Alton Towers new health and safety guidelines. The new audio has been recently introduced which I think is a good improvement. What do you think to it?
xylyx

That sounds awesome, a little something for the spectators :)
Justin

A couple more updates...
Towers Loving Care wrote:Earlier this yr Extraordinary Golf received some #AltonTLC, look out for further improvements to Golf in the future!
Towers Loving Care wrote:We like to see stripes in the Big Fun Show Time grass.. what do you think?
Justin

A couple missed from yesterday...

Liam.W

Did extraordinary golf yesterday, and it is looking much better already!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Cobby

Justin wrote:Hi Cobby,

It has been mentioned about those changes. The fence will certainly be down to Alton Towers new health and safety guidelines. The new audio has been recently introduced which I think is a good improvement. What do you think to it?
Oh OK I didn't see as I don't keep up with TT as much as I would like. Also sorry for not replying sooner but I read it and got distracted by some NCS work so I forgot to reply. Anyway I like the Oblivion audio because it is almost like when Oblivion first opened and used to say don't look down at the top of the drop, but I am a bit unsure about the fence at the moment because it blocks some of the views of the ride. However I'll get used to it though and I don't mind to much because safety is paramount.

The only other thing that I have noticed recently is how Galactica's tunnel to the other station is looking a bit worse for wear already. This is not necessarily Alton Towers's fault because it's the guests that decide to pull the stickers ect off but it does downgrade the look of Galactica which is a shame because I really like the idea/theming around it.
Justin

When it first opened, Galactica's walkway was really good, however it has deteriorated fast. It is a shame guests don't respect the resort, however Alton need to install printed boards, instead of vinyl plastic to stop it happening again.
Liam.W

When looking at pictures of Extraordinary Golf the curved wall on Galactica's hole looked really tall and big, but after doing EG for the first time the other day I was really shocked as it is a lot smaller in person :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Justin

Alton TLC update...
Towers Loving Care wrote:The rides team have been busy in CBeebies Land doing a deep clean, from polishing bugs to cleaning the scenery.

TuesdayNightChat

On the park today and yesterday for my annual visit for Scare fest.Obviously there is a lot of the Towers Love and Care at work,but does any one know what's been done to Hex,CATCF, and Sub Terra?
theparklifekid

Now its the closed season, hopefully we will get some more TLC update photos around the park. Personally, I hope we get a repaint of the outside section of track on Th13teen and the rest of the Nemesis Station.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!