Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zac

The TLC going on in the resort is outstanding! Way beyond my personal expectations!
One area I would love to see give some TLC is the Pagoda Fountain, for many years now this has not been working and is in major need of some serious TLC even maybe some structural work, as a child I used to love passing over this and seeing the huge 70ft high fountain of water shooting from its roof and cascading down its three tiers.
Please Merlin give this some TLC
Dan

Today's AltonTLC update.

Frog Hopper base coat on, the final scenic paint will be applied next week #TowersLovingCare
KoasterKraver

Two new posts after the frog hopper one! Check them out - Can someone explain how to upload?
Liam.W

First post:
News: #TRRRadio presenters go missing in the Dark Forest :)

Second post:
Even our CBeebies bugs have had a full repaint, looking as good as new! #TowersLovingCare
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Rita tester seat has had a full refurbishment #TowersLovingCare
Justin

Second update of the night...
Towers Loving Care wrote: #TowersLovingCare also includes new music around the Resort, here is a sample of our new 30min Towers Street track http://picosong.com/A4Zi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
118hazaman

Definitely cannot go wrong with IMAscore. The music they produce is always great!
MakoMania

Sounds fantastic!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Aidan Lowe

Sounds enchanting. Really nice on the ears.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Everton-99

really liking the new music - nice to hear the music turned up around the park aswel, nemesis music could be heard from the carpark :) park looks alot tidier aswel :) thumbs up TLC
Liam.W

Fountain Square has new music, which those who have been following AT for ages should recognise. Towerstreet have it on their FB and Twitter!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

zakwoolley1

I'm not too sure on the new tower street music. From the clips I've heard there doesn't seem to be any memorable melody like what the last two pieces had.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Get Set Go queue line has had a full repaint from start to finish! #TowersLovingCare
Image[/quote]
Everton-99

The park is really starting to look tidier! Not sure if they are having problems with the nemesis repaint though :/ - the white basecoat appears to be flaking off in quite large chunks especially around the loop area - i know the paint will wear off where the wheels run but there are large areas flaking off from where the wheels run, i have got a photo if someone can let me know how to upload from an iphone?

Only a small bit of the track has had the rusty effect added i would say 85% is still white
lewis97
Admin
Admin

That doesn't sound good... You should be able to upload photos to Imgur directly from an iPhone and then copy the direct image url.
Everton-99

Thanks lewis97! Photos are up : http://imgur.com/a/nm3zG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The main reason i noticed was due to all the white pieces of paint that were floating in the water underneath!

Last edited by Rob on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images added to post
Danny

Oh wow that looks absolutely awful.
Hopefully they use this week to get something sorted, as that shouldn't be flaking off so severely, considering it was only painted some weeks ago.
Aidan Lowe

The base of the loop is a mess hahaha! Also the zero g roll inversion you can see it also.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
xylyx

That's a shame I'd hoped it would at least last a little longer.....I do like the white though, it stands out so starkly against the pit where the track supports blend in.
MakoMania

So we're far from complete with that repaint, let's see what 5 days can do.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]