Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although those posters are a step in the right direction I hope will also see the addition of some evidence of the forest 'taking over', such as vines etc.
Liam.W

Oh. My. God. I love the posters in DF, a throw-back to the days of 'Rita: Queen Of Speed' while solidifying the theme!

As for the signs in Katanga Canyon they look so much better!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Justin

Third update of the night...
Towers Loving Care wrote: The whole of the Dark Forest is having a scenic repaint, including buildings and rooftops. #TowersLovingCare

Jack

Ok, I'm warming to the fence quite a bit more now, looks a lot better than the scaffolding :)
Justin

I can still see UG Land :) I do however like the Dark Forest as an area in the park though. Better than UG!
S.J_O'Grady

Going back to the new posters, what I like about them is the fact that that fence now acts as a sort of pre-show to TH13TEEN. As guests enter Dark Forest, they wander what these "unexplained forces" are, and then they get to TH13TEEN to find out! Maybe I'm just talking rubbish now but yeah..
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Sawboss

Dark Forest just needs some more vines and tree like shapes crawling up and around the buildings, then it'd look perfect. Also a flat ride... :D
Justin

Fourth update of the night...
Towers Loving Care wrote: More shots showing work in progress in the Dark Forest. We'll have vines growing over the tops in a few weeks too!

Justin

It does seem like they are using Rita as the main focus point of the area. With the 'Keep Clear' shutters, the area looks more like an abandoned race track, especially now the posters are up!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yay vines! Look forward to seeing how it's finished off.
xylyx

It does look awesome, I agree it could do with more vines and evidence of the forest growing out of control.

I would love most of all if, upon leaving the tunnel to go to the respective exits, it's all been made look wild...hard to pull off safely but that would nail the theme for me.
Justin

With the abandoned race track theme, i'd like to see some old banger cars in the area with vines growing over them. I'd also like to see more pit stop items, such as tires and oil cans stacked up. Should be easy for Merlin to achieve!
Themeparksandy1981

I love the work there doing to the dark forest area. Does it look like the kiosks won't be opening this season?
Altontowersbarlow

I think that this is a vast improvement to the Dark Forest. As many have mentioned, the posters have actually given Rita a subtle storyline that works effectively. I also think that the fence has actually appeared to bring Th13teen and Rita closer together, as if the forest and attractions have been shut off from the public. I see the entrance area to The Dark Forest as more of a desolate abandoned are now ,that escaped the dark forest but was left abandoned in the years following. The fence also gives the impression that you have to enter the rides themselves to experience the Dark Forest itself which will add suspense and mystery. I still feel the area needs work but it is still considerably better than before and it certainly makes more sense/ holds more atmosphere as of now.
daveclarkedaveclarke

I'm loving all of these improvements. Can someone help without me reading back through 18 pages though are these improvements continuous through the 3 seasons planned or is it just closed season that these improvements will take place?
Ryan.B

I suspect there may be rolling closures, but I'm not sure, I know they are doing work on the midweek closures. They've confirmed a toadstools repaint in April/May.
stealthsmiler

I hope we see the closed rides open again for summer. With the exception of the ones removed of course. It would be great if they were announced closed for TLC then opened for the busier summer and scarefest season. They can obviously get away with opening a previously announced closed ride. However closing one part way through a season has a negative backlash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan.H

Do we know how much AT are spending on all of the TLC and Galactica improvements for this season?
Aidan Lowe

Galactica at least has been given a price tag of £2 million. The restaurant £3 million I believe, the Nemesis track was about £140,000? but the rest I'm unaware of.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Luce

I really like the posters and glad that some vines will be added - hopefully the area can be made to look a bit more forest-like :)