Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ryan.B

I don't like the fence from those pictures, that being said it is an improvement and as long as they work on it I'll be fine, it just looks a bit flat and bland, I won't completely judge it until I see it in person, I'd imagine walking down the area it'd look decent enough, the scaffolding was just ugly, this is ok, it's more than I expected anyway!
Justin

To be honest, I like it. I actually liked the scaffolding as it tied in with TH13TEEN though too!

The new tunnel reminds me of an old mineshaft or shed and I think with some green LED lighting it could offer a good piece of theming to the area. Add in some vines then it would be even better. As they have stated it is working progress, I look forward to seeing the end result!
Liam.W

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in person, but for all we know they could add some sort of theming to it before the 19th!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

stealthsmiler

At its current state. I'm also not a big fan. However it could look really good if they theme it right with lights and vines etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

No bystanders are going to see you screaming on Rita now. Thank you Alton Towers! [-o< j/k btw

A little high but I love it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Luce

It's certainly an improvement on what was there before even if it does look plain at the moment but hopefully as others have said, some themeing is added to enhance it :)
xylyx

Looks like the start of something to me, and I like it, the fence is all uneven and odd, looking like its been left to the elements. The tunnel looks suitably dark and enclosed....very creepy. To my eyes anyway :)
Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Newly restored Congo River Rapids sign installed today. #TowersLovingCare

Liam.W

Wow what a difference, the writing stands out much more now, I love it!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

stealthsmiler

I kinda liked the old sign, I liked the weathered look. However this new sign does look good and the writing certainly looks better
Justin

It seems to be the small things which we overlook, but only notice when it is pointed out.
I wouldn't have even considered the condition of this sign; however looking at the pictures above, you can clearly see how much attention it needed. Only a small job for Alton Towers, but a massive improvement!
ROYJESS

I'm really loving all the TLC, this has gone way beyond my expectations. Nice to see the park getting a new lease of life :D :clap:
S.J_O'Grady

Have to say, it's not until they put these before/after photos on that I realise how awful some of the place looked!!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
neontrix

I'm not sure about the fence from those photos. And as for the colour of the box office, no! Maybe it will look better, like people have said, when the whole of Towers Street is painted but right now - no.

All the little odd jobs like the Nemesis track, Rita/Th13teen queue, rapids sign etc look great though.
Luce

I'm liking the improved rapids sign and I agree, the before and after photos really show the difference and how much better things look once they've been refreshed.
Ryan.B

They did say work in progress about the dark forest fence so it sounds like they could be adding a bit more detail to it, I have to admit it's grown on me a lot.
Roodie

The main thing that is impressing me about TLC, is that it is supposed to be a 3 year plan. They have managed to do an awful lot in the first year. I just hope they keep the pace up in the other 2 years and we all can be looking at the UK's 'premier' theme park when they are done.
rallyrob

The dark forrest has always needed an update since they put in Th13teen like they needed to spend more money in the land instead of concentrating on just making nemesis sub terra but loving what they are doing with it at the moment with dark forrest makes it look very dark and creepy shows how much just what some fences can do.
Ladyofthelake

More work in Dark Forest with many of the facades being repainted. It does make me wonder though if the intention is for some of those units to remain closed if attention is being paid to how the shutters look when they're down.

S.J_O'Grady

I hope they've done something with the roofs of the DF buildings. You could see all the Ug Land colours on them before.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.