Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

I wasn't keen on first impressions, but I like it now.
Can't wait to see what is next!
NemeJaney

People were telling me the box office had been repainted a horrible shade of green, but having seen it now it doesn't actually look that bad! With more colourfully painted buildings around it, it could actually look quite attractive, I think.
Morgan

It looks like mint ice cream.
S.J_O'Grady

I think they're trying to get it to look more like in the adverts.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

The Sky Sailor wrote:I think they're trying to get it to look more like in the adverts.
Do you mean like this:

It will look good if they go for this look :yes:
Justin

I agree. If they repainted and retheamed the buildings more inside then it would look great! Just look how much better Corner Coffee looks after the refurb last year!
S.J_O'Grady

Tom170499 wrote:
The Sky Sailor wrote:I think they're trying to get it to look more like in the adverts.
Do you mean like this:

It will look good if they go for this look :yes:
Yep, that's the one. I think that would look great in real life :D
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Luce

I wasn't too keen on the green but like Justin, I've warmed to it and it's nice to have a brighter colour :)
Danny

Wow, I can't believe every other day there seems to be another update! Really liking the green, I think having all of Towers Street freshly painted in all the bright colours with bring a new lease of life and will look so good when looking down towards the Towers in the distance. :)
Ryan.B

Everybody it's a CBeebies extension, it's balamory. (At least that's what they seem to be going for :lol )

But in all seriousness this does seem exciting, and I love the vibrant feel of that building just from that picture, can't wait to see it in real life.
Ladyofthelake

The latest TLC update shows the work on Rita's tunnel in Dark Forest. Have to say I'm not too sure about this.

Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Work in progress in the Dark Forest.... #TowersLovingCare
Beat me to it!!!
MakoMania

I absolutley love the look of that!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Jack

Yeah, I don't like that I'm going to be honest :)
alicheesy

The tunnel is exciting but with the rest I honestly preferred the scaffolding. Just looks so high, overpowering and unthemed. Maybe I'll grow to like it
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Owen

Right, before I start I'm going to make it clear it didn't think the scaffolding looked spectacular however it did go with the whole restoration theme. This looks really out of place - and it's purely been chucked in. I hope they try to at least 'age' the wood to make it look better. There are certain thematic elements that this is seriously lacking for this area, which the scaffolding managed to rats in even with hoe it looked overall. It's still nice to see this project going on, I just think this one is a swing and miss. Of course, there may be a story too it, maybe the restoration team mysteriously came back to finish that one tunnel and the were taken back by the forest...
Dan

I'm going to go against the trend of what has been said so far when I say I think that is a massive improvement over the eyesore that was the scaffolding.

I do agree it looks a bit brash however I will reserve full judgement until I see it but I think it looks much better.
Morgan

I agree Dan, it's better than the scaffolding. Hopefully they'll add some vines, make it look decrepit etc.
118hazaman

To me, it seems like the fences are prohibiting even more floor space available to guests in the Dark Forest.
Adam.W

Towers Loving Care wrote: Work in progress in the Dark Forest.... #TowersLovingCare
I'll reserve my judgement for now, hopefully they at least add some plants or vines or something like that.