Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ASturge21

Good to see mutinty bay getting attention this year with the talk of the new ride in the near future.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Air15

One piece of theming I'd like to see return for this season would be the head choppers on the RMT as they where taken of last season :D
Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Big Fun Show Time getting a new fabric lining #TowersLovingCare
Justin

Justin wrote:@AltonTLC have posted again today, this time confirming that scenic painters start on the Nemesis station building next week.

Liam.W said earlier on in the thread that he played 'Spot the difference'. I've just done the same, and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but if you look towards the exit, you can see a change coming from the tentacle track (near scaffolding tower).

(Edit -Spelling)
Last edited by Justin on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liam.W

The rock has been removed where the scaffolding is to the right of the picture but apart from that I couldn't notice anything different.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Justin

Ah yeah. It is the rock which has been removed, I couldn't tell if it was part of the station. I couldn't spot anything else though.
Ladyofthelake

The fountain in Fountain Square has had a re-paint. It's really nice to see that even things like this are being thought about, even though they're not necessarily the first thing people think about.

MakoMania

Amanda Thompson will be getting jealous.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Justin

Looking good. I think even from these known improvements alone, the park has raised standards and it is only year one!
xylyx

And therein lies the rub :) it's amazing what even a lick of paint can do to rejuvenate and refresh an area you've seen numerous times. I cannot wait to get back on park :D
rallyrob

The parks looking brilliant I hope they start doing x-sector and oblivion's queue line since it still looks like it was last looked at when the ride got a re-paint recently. Only small things like adding new monitors and better sound systems so that you can hear what the monitors are playing out like in the station.

Just a thought
S.J_O'Grady

I'd like them to do something with The Gardens. It's almost impossible to visit the conservatories without seeing some broken glass, and Swiss Cottage area looked awful last time I saw it!!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Luce

I'm loving the attention on the little things too and it makes such a difference to see them looking refreshed.

One thing I would like to see, which may well be at a later date, is a refurbishment of a lot of the toilets around the park. Some of them look kind of tired and I think they could be greatly improved :)
JonDoesTT

Luce wrote: One thing I would like to see, which may well be at a later date, is a refurbishment of a lot of the toilets around the park. Some of them look kind of tired and I think they could be greatly improved :)
They should all be slightly themed, like the ones on Towers Street.

Credit to NemesisRider
Justin

Justin wrote:
Towers Loving Care wrote: Big Fun Show Time getting a new fabric lining #TowersLovingCare
Another image of the work being carried out...

Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: We're giving Towers Street a new look over the coming yrs & first up, the Box Office goes green. #TowersLovingCare

Further update...
Towers Loving Care wrote: Before and after #TowersLovingCare
Themeparksandy1981

That is a poor choice of colour for the box office building.
MakoMania

Much better! Loving this TLC!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
S.J_O'Grady

At the moment, I think that looks a bit of an eye sore. But, if they paint every building a more bright, funky looking colour then it should fit in really well... Hopefully!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
stealthsmiler

I like it. If every building has a bright colour it will have a much more cheery and happy feel and atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk