Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

It was closed during 2015 due to restraint problems, rumoured to be closed in 2016 due to budget cuts. This discussion belongs to another topic though :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
tjreevzi00

Alright sorry didn't realise there was another discussion it was only a quick question, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xylyx

No worries, and if you don't know it's always worth asking :)

Loving the look of that refreshed gun, looks creepy and nasty all over again.
theparklifekid

I must say, I'm loving what they are doing!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Liam.W

I can't wait to see what the next two years bring with TLC, because look what's been done in just one closed season!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Lhayze

Having somewhat only experienced Alton this past 2 years I'm really looking forward to seeing it for how it should be!

Please forgive my lack of effort, but has the new coffee shop come to light?
The corner cafe at the entrance is absolutely brilliant and look forward to the new addition more than the restaurant! Haha!!

I cannot help but wonder why the entire park hasn't been scheduled to be re-painted on one off season... How I see it at the moment is bits and bobs throughout the park have been touched up..? Great and all but doesn't do it much justice for me.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Lhayze wrote:Please forgive my lack of effort, but has the new coffee shop come to light?
The corner cafe at the entrance is absolutely brilliant and look forward to the new addition more than the restaurant! Haha!!
Yes, the new coffee shop will be in Forbidden Valley, possibly in what was previously Fresh Fish and Chips. It's not yet clear whether this will be a branded outlet or not though.
stealthsmiler

Lhayze wrote:Having somewhat only experienced Alton this past 2 years I'm really looking forward to seeing it for how it should be!

Please forgive my lack of effort, but has the new coffee shop come to light?

I cannot help but wonder why the entire park hasn't been scheduled to be re-painted on one off season... How I see it at the moment is bits and bobs throughout the park have been touched up..? Great and all but doesn't do it much justice for me.
Doing the whole park at once would be expensive and time consuming. Especially with the work around Galactica and the new restaurant. For one closed season they have already done loads! I imagine this will all be done in time for the grand opening for SW8, the only thing that I would have done is prioritised a repaint of the Smiler before Nemesis. The old rusty look doesn't exactly support the argument that it's safe in the eyes of the public.

xylyx

Aye I would have thought polishing up the smiler would have been high up if not top of the list. Has MI7 done another fly by to see? They stated TLC would touch every area of the park and they haven't showed any of X Sector yet so maybe they're saving it till last?
Dom

The Towers Loving Care initiative will touch every area of the park, in some way or another, over three years. I think they have mainly been doing updates from Forbidden Valley because of both Galactica and the roller coaster restaurant opening this year. I know other areas of the park has had some tlc, which is also great. I think at the end of the three year plan the whole park will look fantastic.
Luce

I think the refurb of the Nemesis gun is one of the nicest TLC updates so far as it's my favourite piece of AT themeing and has always looked impressive - even more so now it's had work done :)
stealthsmiler

xylyx wrote:Aye I would have thought polishing up the smiler would have been high up if not top of the list. Has MI7 done another fly by to see? They stated TLC would touch every area of the park and they haven't showed any of X Sector yet so maybe they're saving it till last?
Possible they could have done it but haven't broadcasted it to not bring more media attention to it. The media picks up every little thing and twists it. Opening day will be article worthy enough, a repaint would simply get a mention. Not an article like t probably would now.

Sawboss

Seems to me the paint on the Smiler has corroded insanely fast compared to other rides so if they were gonna repaint it they'd want to do it properly, blasting it to base metal like Nemesis, else it's just gonna look rusted again in another 3 years time. I guess they must have scrimped on decent paint the first time around?
Dom

Today's @AltonTLC update

MakoMania

Dom wrote:Today's @AltonTLC update

How exciting I can't contain myself.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Danny

Whilst it isn't the most exciting update, any progress is always great to see. It's nice to know even the small details are being thought about, and it'll give the park and nice fresh look for 2016 :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

In another update we can see that more of Forbidden Valley has been resurfaced.

Luce

I'm liking the red/earthy colour of the pathway and I think it fits in with the whole theme of FV. It also makes me wonder if returning the red water to Nemesis is included in the TLC plan - I hope so because that's always been a great feature :)
Themeparksandy1981

I noticed so far all the rumoured closed Attractions haven't featured on the TLC pages yet. I just hope all theses very good improvements don't get over looked by closed rides,shops and restaurants.
The red water of Nemesis won't be back as July 2014 we had no much rain it filled the pit that much the ride had to close for a couple of days as it was getting close to people's feet. They released most of it out but it got into local steams and lakes and I think the park got fined for this.
Capt.Barnacles

The Mutiny Bay flags have all been replaced