Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

Oblivion was painted 3 years ago I doubt they will do it again soon. Think Runaway mine train is the next coaster that needs some TLC followed by Rita.
Liam.W

tjreevzi00 wrote:Doing a major coaster every closed period maybe? Nemesis this closed period and to be finished next closed period and when Nemesis is finished, move on to Oblivion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think instead of one coaster per closed season, maybe one area? So this closed season the Forbidden valley coasters are getting done (air/Galactica's track has been cleaned up too) and then next season it could be oblivion and the smiler to get some TLC. and then the last year of TLC could be th13teen and Rita.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Tom170499

I asked Alton Towers about X-Sector and this was the response:

tjreevzi00

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Oblivion was painted 3 years ago I doubt they will do it again soon. Think Runaway mine train is the next coaster that needs some TLC followed by Rita.
Although it doesn't need painting, the ride theming in the queues does need repairing and the majority of the area needs a bit of a spruce up.

towerskid

tjreevzi00 wrote:Doing a major coaster every closed period maybe? Nemesis this closed period and to be finished next closed period and when Nemesis is finished, move on to Oblivion.

Yes that could be it but obviously this closed period Air (Galactica) is getting done and a little on RITA so I don't think they are doing one each closed season.

Dan

They won't give Oblivion an overhaul so soon after sprucing her up in the 2012/13 closed season before The Smiler opened.
tjreevzi00

What did they even do besides paint the track?

Burniel

tjreevzi00 wrote:What did they even do besides paint the track?
What did they even need to do? X-Sector was far from the worst area in the park in terms of general appearance, so I feel that the small touchup three years ago will certainly suffice for now.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dan

As far as I can remember they re-painted the track and did some aesthetic work to the station and Rehydrator building.

What I mean is they won't go to the efforts of refurbishing Oblivion when there are plenty of other areas in the park that need their time and resources.
Justin

Dan.N wrote:What I mean is they won't go to the efforts of refurbishing Oblivion when there are plenty of other areas in the park that need their time and resources.
While the actual ride doesn't need refurbishing, I do feel that Oblivion's queue line needs some attention (as mentioned in posts above). The metal bridges and queue line buildings need some work as they are looking very tired. Some of the beacons are not working in the vending machine tunnel, including the machines not working themselves. It would be good to see some more MOJ theming incorporated with Lord Darkness. The queue also needs to be shortened!
dazza4783

Justin wrote:
Dan.N wrote:What I mean is they won't go to the efforts of refurbishing Oblivion when there are plenty of other areas in the park that need their time and resources.
While the actual ride doesn't need refurbishing, I do feel that Oblivion's queue line needs some attention (as mentioned in posts above). The metal bridges and queue line buildings need some work as they are looking very tired. Some of the beacons are not working in the vending machine tunnel, including the machines not working themselves. It would be good to see some more MOJ theming incorporated with Lord Darkness. The queue also needs to be shortened!
I would think next season they may spruce up Oblivion's queue line and also add a flat ride to replace submission, possibly replace Enterprise also. Towers Loving Care is an ongoing 3 year process and there seems to have been quite a lot done already when it comes to cleaning and refurbishing areas, so the next phase could be adding/replacing flat rides that have been removed and are lacking at the moment.
tjreevzi00

More flat rides would be great but just struggle to see it happening.

Justin

I very much doubt that Enterprise will be removed. It is not earmarked in the LTDP; however attractions such as Ripsaw and The Flume that are, have been removed. If anything The Blade will be next to go, and I see that going at the end of this season.

I do believe TLC is a brilliant scheme, although improvements/maintenance should have been made along the way and ultimately this scheme would not have been needed, but we are where we are! You can see from just this thread that improvements already made in the first year are excellent and I am looking forward to seeing them first hand!
Dan

The latest @AltonTLC update.

Sit back.. its fright time! #TowersLovingCare
Jack

I think I am a big fan of Towers Loving Care now, that just looks amazing! :)
tjreevzi00

Really loving every detail the TLC team are doing! I thought they were just going to remove old and broken theming and flick paint on everything. Very impressed and hope it carries on every year from now on.

Max

Now that track looks beautiful.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
stealthsmiler

I don't like it. Don't know why I just don't...

Sawboss

I love it, is it rusted decaying metal or monstrous bony appendages? Who knows...
Zach

TheSmilerMan wrote:The flume is more likely to be removed...for future development than be given any TLC, expect it to not to open then be gone.

As for the TLC project it's amazing to see the amount of effort going into bringing the park new life and potentially returning a bit of the magic! I'm just hoping people don't expect too much, by tweeting Alton when they are on park "oh you missed a bit" or this needs doing cause that will drive them insane.

Only say stuff if I know, but sad news on the flume however what replaces it will be worth it I reckon! Effort in the park seems to continue to be seen, FV really will be the place for new this season. New coffee shop! Any guesses if it'll be IP or in house? Work across park will continue throughout the season, so we'll have plenty to keep eyes peeled on. What would you do in the park ?