Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
cookiee_munster

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well this actually looks a bit good...
@AltonTLC wrote:Nemesis station refurbishment phase 1 work in progress

Liam.W

She looks beautiful!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

JonDoesTT

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it in person.

Credit to NemesisRider
NemeJaney

Nemmy is looking absolutely gorgeous. I really like the use of tonal gradients and contrasts they've used. It deepens her creases and makes her look very sinister and almost ghostly.
Sawboss

Wow that looks pretty grotesque, eeeexcellent. :D
Justin

@AltonTLC
The beast awakens #TowersLovingCare
NemesisRider

I think I speak for everyone when I say Nemesis is looking fabulous. :D
Dan

:yikes: she really is looking good.

:clap: well done Towers.
Justin

Towers Loving Care
@AltonTLC
Katanga Kabin has had a clean down and paint. Just the signage to install now. #TowersLovingCare
Aidan Lowe

I'm really impressed how vast this Towers Loving Care program is reaching, I hold my hand up by saying I initially thought it was a load of BS talk but the daily proof of all around work being carried out has taken me by surprise. The place needed a thorough tidy and it seems they are listening.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Justin

I was sceptical at first too, but already they have exceeded my expectations. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do next!
looptheloop

Great progress so far, all of these changes collectively will make a big difference to the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjreevzi00

Hello, new to the forum! All this work in forbidden valley, CCL and Dark Forest is great but no sign of any TLC in X-Sector? I mean the Oblivion queue is in a state, as well as the entrance signage to it. Actually most of the Oblivion part of X-sector needs updating and restored. Not to mention with The Smiler being the ride most people would hesitate to go on, you'd think they'd repaint the track, add some drainage in the queue, and for god sake make sure the projectors actually work! Opinions?
KoasterKraver

Really great to see the towers putting so much effort in to revamping the little things, can't wait to check it all out for myself!

This topic should be moved to the General Discussion, should it not?
Last edited by KoasterKraver on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam.W

2 new posts from @AltonTLC!
Lots of work to do in the Dark Forest this week, we've started painting & putting down bark.. #TowersLovingCare
before

after

We've also been removing & planting over some old sections of Rita queue line. #TowersLovingCare

118hazaman

tjreevzi00 wrote:Hello, new to the forum! All this work in forbidden valley, CCL and Dark Forest is great but no sign of any TLC in X-Sector? I mean the Oblivion queue is in a state, as well as the entrance signage to it. Actually most of the Oblivion part of X-sector needs updating and restored. Not to mention with The Smiler being the ride most people would hesitate to go on, you'd think they'd repaint the track, add some drainage in the queue, and for god sake make sure the projectors actually work! Opinions?
Maybe they have revamped some of the X-Sector over the last couple of weeks. They may not want to publish those pictures onto social media because of the bad connotations people may still have with The Smiler.
tjreevzi00

Hopefully that is the case, just have to wait and see!

Liam.W

tjreevzi00 wrote:Hello, new to the forum! All this work in forbidden valley, CCL and Dark Forest is great but no sign of any TLC in X-Sector? I mean the Oblivion queue is in a state, as well as the entrance signage to it. Actually most of the Oblivion part of X-sector needs updating and restored. Not to mention with The Smiler being the ride most people would hesitate to go on, you'd think they'd repaint the track, add some drainage in the queue, and for god sake make sure the projectors actually work! Opinions?
TLC is happening over 3 years, so X-Sector may be getting its TLC next year or the year after. Only time will tell!

tjreevzi00

Doing a major coaster every closed period maybe? Nemesis this closed period and to be finished next closed period and when Nemesis is finished, move on to Oblivion.