Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisRider

In all seriousness though, I think Rita may be getting Maverick restraints. Rumour has it Storm Chaser at Hersheypark is getting them, so it's not just exclusive to Maverick. I will admit, it's not that likely, but they would hugely improve the ride experience as Rita's restraints can be very uncomfortable when you experience headbanging.
118hazaman

With the new mesh underneath the launch of Rita, surely a tunnel is no longer needed. So what is the higher fencing for? Could it be a new entrance to the queue?
MakoMania

118hazaman wrote:With the new mesh underneath the launch of Rita, surely a tunnel is no longer needed. So what is the higher fencing for? Could it be a new entrance to the queue?
I don't think having the tunnel as Rita's entrance would work as you wouldn't be able to get to Th13teen's entrance. Also, I don't think that mesh is new, I might be looking in the wrong place on the photo though.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Justin

@AltonTLC latest post...

Ahoy there Pirates! #TowersLovingCare in Mutiny Bay continues with Burger Kitchen getting a repaint.
Dom

All these updates really are making me want to get back to the park as soon as i possibly can. The park is really going to look incredible. This Towers Loving Care is, so far, being very beneficial for the park and i really hope they continue to this standard as well as rolling similar versions out at Thorpe, Chessie and Legoland.
Justin

What is also nice to see is that TLC has been given around the park and not just one area. So far we have Dark Forest, "Forbidden Planet", Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land all receiving attention.
Last edited by Justin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luce

In all seriousness though, I think Rita may be getting Maverick restraints. Rumour has it Storm Chaser at Hersheypark is getting them, so it's not just exclusive to Maverick. I will admit, it's not that likely, but they would hugely improve the ride experience as Rita's restraints can be very uncomfortable when you experience headbanging.
I can't imagine that happening unless AT put some padding round the restraints instead - it would definitely make things more comfortable :)

I'm also really liking the TLC updates, especially Nemesis getting the love it deserves :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Justin wrote:So far we have Dark Forest, Forbidden Planet, Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land all receiving attention.
:-k

But yes, it's good that we're now getting regular updates from various areas around the park. We've created a dedicated Towers Loving Care page on the site where we'll be keeping track of all the developments at the Resort over the next three years.
Justin

lewis97 wrote:
Justin wrote:So far we have Dark Forest, Forbidden Planet, Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land all receiving attention.
:-k
Galactica pun! :D
demz_4

Bit gutted that they are only doing the front elevation on the nemesis creature / station ](*,) the rest will be refurbed next closed season.... REALLLLLLLY????
Justin

@AltonTLC
This yr we're refurb'ng the front elevation of the monster, with the other areas being completed nxt closed season.
I'm really happy that they are making improvements; however, I am disappointed that it won't fully be completed this season! Perhaps time scales have to be considered now!
MakoMania

I thought they'd painted the track black for a second! :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
dazza4783

Justin wrote:Image

@AltonTLC
This yr we're refurb'ng the front elevation of the monster, with the other areas being completed nxt closed season.
I'm really happy that they are making improvements; however, I am disappointed that it won't fully be completed this season! Perhaps time scales have to be considered now!
Have they started painting the zero G roll red, or has that part just not been painted white yet?
Adam.W

dazza4783 wrote:
Justin wrote:Image

@AltonTLC
Have they started painting the zero G roll red, or has that part just not been painted white yet?
They've presumably not finished shotblasting all of the track yet, as seen by previous pictures of the vertical loop, but half of its been done as seen in the above picture.

They've also shotblasted the vertical loop, as seen in the background.
Justin

@AltonTLC
Octonauts station has been rebuilt, including improved finishes & new lighting (pics show work in progress)

Zach

Adam.W wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:
All of the track of the has been shot blasted, the track will be white with red,grey and black blood spatters on it. That's what you can see on the zero G roll
Dom

@AltonTLC have posted the following update.

The Ice Age eggs have had a fresh coat of paint and now having their faces painted back on.
ASturge21

Is this a joke? The faces look awful.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Dom

ASturge21 wrote:Is this a joke? The faces look awful.

They are very accurate. This is how the eggs appear in the Ice Age film (Although i can't remember which one. Think its Dawn of the Dinosaurs)
ASturge21

Oh my bad. Haven't seen Ice age or been to the 4D cinema so that explains it.