Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

@AltonTLC posted the following picture earlier

It comes with the caption
Next week all of the boarding will be replaced before new render and scenic painting is applied.
theparklifekid

NemesisRider wrote:Nemesis seems to be getting a lot of attention. Through Neme21s' semi repaint (bolts, inside of station) and this year's track repaint, the ride will be returned to its former glory. However, it's left me wondering if Nemmy's trains will receive anything beyond routine maintenance.
I personally think that Nemmy should get new trains like the ones on Banshee at Kings Island.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
NemesisRider

Trains like on Banshee have been pretty much ruled out theparklifekid, mostly due to having a larger clearance envelope then Nemesis' current trains. Also, I just doubt Merlin would invest in them. Nemesis is a bit rough and new trains would solve headbanging but if Merlin spent all that cash on new trains Nemesis would get a full on relaunch I'd expect (to make a return on the new trains).
Themeparksandy1981

Dom wrote:@AltonTLC posted the following picture earlier

It comes with the caption
Next week all of the boarding will be replaced before new render and scenic painting is applied.
Should a wasted building. Could easily move the frog hopper and put the building back into use.
Justin

@AltonTLC have posted #workinprogress of Mutiny Bay repaint.

stealthsmiler

I hope a jet wash is on their to do list! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justin

@AltonTLC have posted again today, this time confirming that scenic painters start on the Nemesis station building next week.

Liam.W

Justin wrote:@AltonTLC have posted again today, this time confirming that scenic painters start on the Nemesis station building next week.

Is it sad that I have just spent 5 minutes playing spot the difference with these photos? :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

I hope that scaffolding isn't permenant :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Burniel

MakoMania wrote:I hope that scaffolding isn't permenant :lol
As shown with Th13teen, scaffolding does not stay long ...

At least, no more than 5 years.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Tom170499

theparklifekid wrote:
NemesisRider wrote:Nemesis seems to be getting a lot of attention. Through Neme21s' semi repaint (bolts, inside of station) and this year's track repaint, the ride will be returned to its former glory. However, it's left me wondering if Nemmy's trains will receive anything beyond routine maintenance.
I personally think that Nemmy should get new trains like the ones on Banshee at Kings Island.
Nemesis wouldn't be able to have vest restraints as the trains for these are wider than the standard B&M invert so the safety envelope against the landscaping on Nemesis wouldn't permit this.
Last edited by Dom on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of the last quote box
Owen

To be honest, it's not been proved that these trains wouldn't fit within the landscape, it is normally just assumed they won't. I don't personally see this ever happening, but I would love for it to happen in the next few years as currently I find Nemesis quite uncomfortable to ride and end up whacking my head on the restraint.
Burniel

Owen wrote:To be honest, it's not been proved that these trains wouldn't fit within the landscape, it is normally just assumed they won't. I don't personally see this ever happening, but I would love for it to happen in the next few years as currently I find Nemesis quite uncomfortable to ride and end up whacking my head on the restraint.
I don't think Nemesis should be too comfortable. I personally find that some coasters are too smooth, especially considering their theme *cough* The Swarm *cough*. Perhaps a few years down the line when it gets even more uncomfortable, they'd be good (if they fit), but for now I'm happy with Nemesis as it is.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Aidan Lowe

Photo found on @themeparkcircle

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Andy Mc wrote:Photo found on @themeparkcircle

I think that image was taken by towersstreet.

That section of track hasn't had its white coat yet as you can see by the MI7 update.
Aidan Lowe

Indeed it was taken by TS, found it on Twitter however by another account.

It may not have been painted pure white like other parts but its definitely been painted recently with the bright red. The same angle back in December here shows the state it was in.

Not sure if its going to receive a white coat now considering they applied the red.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Somebody on theme park review suggested that if the track had undergone a thorough jet wash then the red could've appeared as a base layer applied back in 1994. I haven't a clue myself about that, all I know is that it hasn't been painted white like the rest of the track yet.
Tom170499

MakoMania wrote:Somebody on theme park review suggested that if the track had undergone a thorough jet wash then the red could've appeared as a base layer applied back in 1994. I haven't a clue myself about that, all I know is that it hasn't been painted white like the rest of the track yet.
Yeah, that will be the base metal, on the TLC Twitter, they said that the track had been shotblasted to base metal and inspected. If you look around the white areas near the red, you will see that they aren't the same pure white of the rest for the track, which can be seen below the loop. This suggests the loop hasn't been painted yet.
Last edited by Tom170499 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin

The joints have likely been painted with a red oxide primer to stop rust occuring on the structure at the most vulnerable points. The inverted loop is probably the most difficult part of Nemesis to paint due to it's surroundings. I can see the pit and nearby track causing issues, but they will have experts in to overcome this quite easily.
Justin

@AltonTLC has posted again.

Battle Galleons is having a deep clean, with islands, walls & theming being cleaned and restored.