Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisRider

I do agree, the first corkscrew had got quite a snap too it and no restraints would change headbanging there. I couldn't see Nemesis getting jacket restraints, plus people who have ridden Banshee have said they are worse than the regular OSTRs despite eliminating headbanging. But restraints do need repairing, they're in a bit of a state!

Trust me Sawboss, I know all about how Air can upset your stomach a bit :P
Tom170499

NemesisRider wrote:I do agree, the first corkscrew had got quite a snap too it and no restraints would change headbanging there. I couldn't see Nemesis getting jacket restraints, plus people who have ridden Banshee have said they are worse than the regular OSTRs despite eliminating headbanging. But restraints do need repairing, they're in a bit of a state!

Trust me Sawboss, I know all about how Air can upset your stomach a bit :P
Even if they were more comfortable, Nemesis wouldn't be able to have vest restraints as the trains for these are wider than the standard B&M invert so the safety envelope against the landscaping on Nemesis wouldn't permit this.
Dom

@altontlc on twitter posted these images earlier

It would appear that Woodcutters has a fresh external look.

I, personally, am so excited by all these updates from Towers Loving Care. Its so nice to see the park finally getting some much needed love.
Luce

I agree too, it's nice to see the park getting a spruce up and hopefully more areas will receive the attention they require :)
xylyx

They are doing it right, as far as I'm concerned anyway lol, all these updates are making me even more eager to get back on site :)
NemesisRider wrote:Trust me Sawboss, I know all about how Air can upset your stomach a bit :P
Lol fair enough, she was later sick on the third lap of RMT and wasn't right for the rest of the night so AIR did some serious damage :P
Master_feedback

Ha we dont talk about the air .... thing do we nem rider he he wood cutters dosent look any diffrent they have just taken the tarpaulin down the question is are they gone forever or they getting new tarpaulin
Dom

Todays @AltonTLC post features the Ice Age queue line.
The fencing has had a fresh coat of paint in a new colour.

Justin

Another post stating that the TLC team have moved into the Dark Forest for some serious works!

I find this post very intriguing! :-k
MakoMania

I think I speak for the entire forum when I say HALLELUJAH!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Mermalizer

Hopefully by serious work it means SERIOUS work. And we all know that the Dark Forest needs serious work. I can't wait to see the final results!
Prepare to be mermalized!
Justin

It would be nice if they put in a bit more theming in the area. Not sure what they could do though.
CJH

Maybe sorting The shop frontage out due to ug land coulours starting to show? The whole area needs a major re-model. The layout doesn't suit the area any more.
The scaffolding tunnel needs removing, but we will see.

They really need to bulldoze the area, shops and arcades. Move the shops around, build new ones, and add a flat ride to the area. Create a decent themed area, expand on the "Dark Forest" theme.

Not wanting much am I?
ASturge21

Probably make the ride entrances easier to find but the necessary improvements for Dark Forest are a bit more of a spruce up.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
S.J_O'Grady

Looking at the roofs of the buildings, the Dark Forest we know today is like Dark Forest and Ug Land had a baby. It's somewhere between dinosaurs and demons so just reprinting everything would be a start. Perhaps when they've finished that they could give us a nice new flat ride? Maybe?
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
stealthsmiler

Removing Rita's tyre would be a good start for me. Along with all the drag racing theming that's left. Then rename her and theme her to a simple escape theme, no link to the old raceway just she is a means to escape. They could even add a pre show if they liked, to build on that and build her an undercover station. Although I think I maybe dreaming too much there so simply removing her tyre will be enough for me with a tree looking entrance instead.

Rita is also in need of a repaint if there are no plans to remove her. Paint her all the same colour as the tops and go over the trains a bit better. Replace the orange with black and she would fit in so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Themeparksandy1981

It's good to see them doing all this hard work but really will the general public really notice or care. Oh look Fred (for example) another closed ride but they really done a nice paint job on that queue line over there.
NemesisRider

The scaffolding on Th13teen fits the theme however, the scaffolding around Rita is just ugly and doesn't even fit the theme to be honest. I feel that, especially if they found a long term solution to cable snaps, the scaffolding is something I want to go.
stealthsmiler

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:It's good to see them doing all this hard work but really will the general public really notice or care. Oh look Fred (for example) another closed ride but they really done a nice paint job on that queue line over there.
It's not so much that they cares that it's been done. They just care when it hasn't been done. When they walk around the park and see paint peeling, rides looking run down etc, then they notice and think the park looks scruffy and run down, leading to a more negative experience. These little touches, although don't really stand out, prevent people from noticing. What I'm trying to say is that although the public don't notice this work being done, they do notice when it hasn't.

Also When I was on resort in January, I noticed the buildings in Mutiny Bay were being painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sawboss

The scaffolding around Rita makes thirteens scaffolding blend in, like it didn't immediately occur to me that thirteens was themeing :P the scaffold tunnel doesn't actively annoy me but if it was replaced with something more permanent looking it would also improve the look of thirteen just because the stations theme would stand out more.
Justin

Pizza & Pasta is receiving some TLC!