Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CJH

So TowersStreet has just posted an image of a travelling enterprise being built on the front lawn. Could this be a part of the firework show? As it's been said to be a show not to be missed.
Excited to see what it will be for though.
Aidan Lowe

No doubt it is for fireworks preparation. What they plan on doing with it I'm not sure, you can rig that thing up with a lighting, being so close to guests I doubt any pyrotechnics would be on it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
CJH

I'd like to see the new Huss version replace the current one. I'd say blow it up give it a decent send off (I know it isn't the same ride) I can't seem to tell which side of the lake it is on though.
Aidan Lowe

Well you can see Battle Galleon in the background so its on the side of the lake where guests will be on firework night.
JaykeAT

Giant Catherine wheel maybe?
Liam.W

On twitter alton towers have confirmed it is for fireworks
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ROYJESS

New VIP viewing for this year? lol... :twisted:
Adam.W

There aren't any cars so I'd imagine AT just bought it from an old worn out one. I'd imagine they would do something like they do with Big Ben (not merlin I know :P) where the wheel is stationary and stuff like fountains going off. It could spin at some point with lights and stuff too I suppose.
Liam.W

Adam.W wrote:There aren't any cars so I'd imagine AT just bought it from an old worn out one. I'd imagine they would do something like they do with Big Ben (not merlin I know :P) where the wheel is stationary and stuff like fountains going off. It could spin at some point with lights and stuff too I suppose.
Do you not mean London eye not Big Ben?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Adam.W

Yes...

(Oh god the shame :no:)
ROYJESS

Don't worry, even people think that the Parliament tower that contains the clock is called big Ben.

Actually Big Ben is the name of the bell that you can hear within the tower.

I'll be there all three days and can't wait to see what they are going to do with this.
owenj92

Hey

Followed this site for years but never posted! Please don't shoot me down if in the wrong place etc

The wheel now has lights attached onto it! Image

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

Its exactly where it needs to be Owen. And welcome, you should stick around and post more :)
xylyx

Aye welcome to the forum, tis a very friendly place.

Having never been to the fissures event I'm unsure of the inner workings, do the crowds gather near there to view? Would be strange setting it up with explosives next to the crowd.....
Altontowersbarlow

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Alton-T ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This article has said that; "the show will last 20 minutes and include a laser showpiece". It is therefore likely that the wheel will be used for the laser section included in the display.
Aidan Lowe

xylyx wrote:do the crowds gather near there to view? Would be strange setting it up with explosives next to the crowd.....
Rest assured there with be no pyro attached to this wheel, it wouldn't be safe.. if they plan on taking it vertical if one of those pyros mis-fires while its horizontal and its later up vertical and aiming towards the crowd that is a recipe for disaster.

Although I do feel the ones closest (usually offer the best view naturally) are at a somewhat disadvantage this year with that being so close.

They do seem to have the flame jets back though this year, they add very little to the overall show but on a chilly night you can feel the heat off them :)
xylyx

Lol thought as much, d'ya think it might be part of the laser show then?
Aidan Lowe

Oh for sure it'll be part of the big finale. The lasers will usually be on the ruins themselves / make-shift scaffolding towers. I do hope they have a few more lasers this year in the show.

THE SMILER IN THE SKY IS FAKE!

Additional lighting photo over at TS here and here.

Here below are two nice atmospheric laser demonstrations, sure its not on as grand a scale as what needs to be done at Alton Towers but I do feel in past firework shows they don't utilize the full potential of the lasers.

You can even use mirrors for amazing effects with lasers.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rita Fan

I think that those things on the end of each arm I think is a laser machine. Just look
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Aidan Lowe

They just seem to be your bog standard lighting tbh mate as far as I'm aware lasers are box shaped rather than oval.

TTSP have posted some more pics on the facebook page here.

Looks like its German lighting company A&O Technology.