Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Robert.W

This years Fireworks sound like they will some of the best we've seen! Shame I can't go :(

Justin

It will be interesting to see if the park will reach capacity. Has anyone seen any prep for this year's display yet?
Liam.W

A transportable office looking thing has popped up for what could be a control room. I saw a photo earlier but I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dan

Liam.W wrote:A transportable office looking thing has popped up for what could be a control room. I saw a photo earlier but I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it.
I think this is the photo you mean.

Photo credit to TowersStreet.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yup, that's the control room for this year. It's a much better solution than the ones they've used in the past!
Justin

Yeah, that man with the lighter took forever to light them all last year!
Aidan Lowe

Justin wrote:Yeah, that man with the lighter took forever to light them all last year!
BTS footage of Jubilee doing Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular 2016 - https://twitter.com/thepIugformemes/status/905174242475601920
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Justin

:lol :lol

It looks like lighting riggs are beginning to be erected today.
Dan

This years Fireworks event is seemingly very close to selling out (this includes MAP pre-bookings)

The Fireworks page on the Alton Towers website has the following information for Annual Passholders:
All Merlin Annual Passes are valid for Fireworks without restriction, however we strongly advise guests with an annual pass to pre-book online to guarantee entry. Even with pre-booked tickets, we advise you to arrive before 3pm to avoid any disappointment. Annual Pass tickets can be booked in advance for £5.
What is interesting is that they are advising people with pre-booked tickets to arrive before 3pm "to avoid disappointment". I presume this means to avoid excessive delays getting into the resort rather than being turned away due to the park being full as this would leave them in very hot water legally.
Robert.W

I know this is way off, but for next years fireworks I think it would be cool if Alton Towers were to celebrate SW8 by burning a giant wicker man. I'm not sure whether this is really possible due to health and safety though, but it would be cool. :)

Does anyone know what "theme" they have chosen this year?

Aidan Lowe

@blue5onichd has few pics of the current setup on park https://twitter.com/blue5onichd/status/925427850945155081
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Justin

Robert.W wrote: Does anyone know what "theme" they have chosen this year?
Possibly memories and feelings. They were asking for audio recordings for what makes Alton Towers magical. These recordings may be used in the show or pre-show and everyone who contributed had to sign a waiver.
Stan.H

Has anybody found a daytime image of the current set-up for the fireworks lighting rig? As the pictures previously attached in the post a few above it isn’t very clear of the size of the rig. And judging from those pictures provided, a much smaller set-up to last year; however there are stil 3 days for them to prepare so the rig could be bigger, however those pictures aren’t very clear.

I should be at the fireworks on Saturday, and am very excited. Think this will be the best display yet, and fingers crossed it won’t be as cringeworthy as last year!
Robert.W

The lighting set up in the first picture looks to be quite large in size, but the actual lighting low. I could be wrong here, its just impossible to tell exactly what size it is but it does look to be possibly similar to last years in size.

Justin

The lighting rigs could have fireworks added tp them as well. Last year the fireballs came from the top. Also with 3 closed days? Anything is possible!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

With regards to the theme, this article from the Leicester Mercury states that the display "will use music and special effects to capture the enchantment of Alton Towers Resort and the memories the theme park creates for its guests".
Justin

If it is like 2015's display then it should be great. 2016 was very good but still prefer the previous year's display.

Nice to see them using the voices too! I wonder if I'm on?!?
bluesonichd

Aidan Lowe wrote:@blue5onichd has few pics of the current setup on park https://twitter.com/blue5onichd/status/925427850945155081
I thank you :P 
Adz
Admin
Admin

The display should be fairly 'simple' this year, but much more spectacular in regards to the effects they're using.  

I don't believe there will be any screens/projections like in previous years, instead the effort has gone into enhanced pyrotechnics and lighting/lasers etc. 
Justin

That is what made 2015 better than last year. To much effort was made on the screen.