Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stan.H

Yes, there are plenty already available!
ROYJESS

Some pics from the weekend

Justin

It was great to finally meet you both at the weekend :) I hope you had a great weekend away :)

The fireworks were spectacular and it instantly became my favourite display. Up until now it was 2015's display, but this was truly magical; especially the Wicker Man section. Those flames, wow!! The story was well timed, the music choices were great and the organisation of the resort was spot on! I really enjoyed myself!

I'm not going to lie, I am a little gutted the season is over!
ROYJESS

It was great to finally meet you too  :)  With this seasons cuts, poor ride operations, poor put through, long queues, I was dreading our visit over the weekend   :sick:  But it actually turned out to be an amazing weekend away, probably our best visit of the season.  

As for the fireworks, just amazing  :O  Jess and I was just blown away this year, and we have been to every firework display at the  resort since they reinstated them back again 2010 
Rabz46

Hello!

Can someone please post up a list of the songs in order, and how they link in with the story (Wicker Man is obvious!)

I believe that each song/ colour theme in the rollercoasters are awake section pays homage to a ride and I just wondered which song for which ride for example

Thank you!
Justin

This is a playlist found on Spotify of the main songs :)
Rabz46

Thank you Justin!

Not too sure how it all links in with the themes mentioned (I do get Wicker Man!), but from the videos I've seen it looked like the evenings went with a bang!
Dan

As reported on TowersTimes social media; Construction has begun for the Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular at Alton Towers.

Part of the lawn is currently closed off, allowing lighting rigs and other structures to be delivered to the site.

Are you excited for the season finale?

stephzak96

I've bought the Big Bang upgrade. Is it worth it? I hope it is!
DeadJack5

Alton Towers are offering a cheaper entry ticket for the Friday date. Entry is after 4pm but for £20 as opposed to the normal gate entry.

As well as this, the Saturday date for fireworks is now sold out, so if you do not have a prebooked ticket, annual pass prebook ticket or not staying on site for this date, please do not try to enter the theme park as you'll be denied entry.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Ever wanted to know how the Fireworks are operated?

This year has seen over 250 people involved in the creation of the show. The Operations Cabin co-ordinates the display each night, with each separate element of the show having its own dedicated set of controls, including pyrotechnics, sound and lighting, all of which combine to help create the spectacular show.

PhNx Survivor

Apparently a fire broke out yesterday due to a rogue firework.. does anyone know anything about this who was there? the media seem to be making it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

Regardless, what a way to almost end a season :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Swarm Chris

PhNx Survivor wrote:Apparently a fire broke out yesterday due to a rogue firework.. does anyone know anything about this who was there? the media seem to be making it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

Part of a tree caught alight from fireworks debris, resulting in a small fire that was quickly extinguished. The tree was within the managed drop zone of where fireworks debris was expected to fall, outside of the publicly accessible area. It did not present a risk to any guests or attractions.
PhNx Survivor

Swarm Chris wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:Apparently a fire broke out yesterday due to a rogue firework.. does anyone know anything about this who was there? the media seem to be making it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

Part of a tree caught alight from fireworks debris, resulting in a small fire that was quickly extinguished. The tree was within the managed drop zone of where fireworks debris was expected to fall, outside of the publicly accessible area. It did not present a risk to any guests or attractions.
Great, thanks for the update, standard procedure then by the sounds of it in the case of something like this happening.. cheers
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Chris
Admin
Admin

So for those of you who attended, what did we think of the fireworks this year?

Better? Same as last year?
nicky.borrill

Chris wrote:So for those of you who attended, what did we think of the fireworks this year?

Better? Same as last year?
Much better than last year, with the Sunday show being much much better than Saturday’s show... Timing seemed so much better, and everything seemed to work, whereas the rain hampered things on Saturday.

Think the Insomnia section is my favourite section ever!!! But only on the Sunday, when the timing was impeccable!
Michelle

I really liked the show overall.
I did find the scaffolding a little off-putting but soon forgot about it, the size of some of the fireworks was impressive, I feel more impressed by this display than I have in recent years, also the lasers felt more integrated into the show than just there for the sake of it.
Saturday was definitely the weakest of the days , as already said they seemed to struggle with certain bits and the weather was vile.
Not my favourite show, but certainly one of the better ones they've done IMO :)
Ladyofthelake

For me, I felt that overall this year wasn't quite as good as last year's show, however, that is purely personal preference and no reflection on the quality of the show provided by the Resort which was outstanding as always.

I attended Saturday and Sunday and it did seem that Sunday was the better of the two days (which I suspect was in part due to the weather being so awful on Saturday evening). There were certainly some of the most impressive fireworks in terms of the size used this year, and, as Michelle mentioned, the lasers felt much more integrated into the show. I'm not sure if it's just my perception, but it did kind of feel that the In The Hall of the Mountain King finale used a shorter version of the music this year which was a shame, especially as they used the amazing full orchestral version - it would have been good to have heard more of it.

Overall though the display was easily the best you will see in the UK, and despite the wet and the cold was worth waiting for.
calebgill352

I've noticed that Jubilee Fireworks have removed their Vimeo account along with all the videos from Alton Towers. While this is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing this year's display from their cameras, I can understand (and guess) that they were told by Towers to remove it.