Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

I was very impressed with this years display.

In terms of a visual spectacle it ranks as my favourite show of the three I’ve seen at Towers but in terms of storyline/theme then 2015 still has my top spot. I really liked how they got Wardley involved and got real fans of the park to give their best memories, it just shows how big an impact a place like Towers can have on peoples lives. Yes there were some gaps but, as Adz has said in the previous post, this allowed smoke to clear and actually worked to the benefit of the overall show.

In terms of the whole event, I have to give massive credit to Towers for the amount of planning that went into it after the debacle of last year. Crowd levels were comfortable while still being busy which allowed quite a healthy ride-count across the weekend. It just shows that Towers are still capable of getting it right despite the rocky few years we’ve had.
Last edited by Dan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adz
Admin
Admin

This isn't a complete listing, but most of the tracks from the show;

Nero - Two Steps From Hell
Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
The Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So
Sigala - Give Me Your Love (Extended Mix)
Florence + The Machine - You've Got the Love (Remixed with other tracks)
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Sebastian Ingrosso & Adesso Feat. Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose My Mind; Extended Club Mix)
Unknown Instrumental Track (Nemesis Section)
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger (Intro)
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Two Tribes
Lily Allen - Somewhere Only We Know
The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (Alesso Remix)
Katy Perry - Firework

+ of course, In The Hall Of The Mountain King
Ladyofthelake

Having seen the show both days I was very impressed with this year's fireworks. Whilst it didn't use the screens or projections like they have in previous years, I really liked how the focus was on the fireworks themselves and creating a stunning spectacle with them. Using the theme of what Towers means to people gave the display a much more personal touch, and made the audience feel more immersed and emotionally involved in the show as we all have those memories and feeling we can associate with out visits to Alton Towers.

As Dan mentioned, it was also good to see the level of planning across the Resort to help things run smoothly. Whilst there were still the usual queues to park and enter turnstiles, these were incredibly well managed and moved fairly quickly. It is a credit to Towers that the weekend ran so well and does bode well for future events.
Capt.Barnacles

I personally loved this year's show, decided now it is by far the best one I've seen in the three years I've been going to the shows, and of course same as last year, Dave from Virtual Towers Online took a high quality (4K 60FPS) recording of the entire show, which just uploaded to his channel, so for anyone who missed it this weekend, there's a great video of the show here!

ATR Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular 2017
Luce

I also really loved the fireworks and both days were very impressive.  It was nice to have the focus on the fireworks themselves after last year's Galactica theme and the addition of people's memories of Alton Towers and and their feelings when they visit made it rather special in my view.  A fantastic way to round off the season and roll on the next one!

PS: The fireworks (and Alton Towers) wouldn't be the same without "In The Hall of the Mountain King" and I always get excited when it appears :D
Justin

Dan wrote:In terms of a visual spectacle it ranks as my favourite show of the three I’ve seen at Towers but in terms of storyline/theme then 2015 still has my top spot. I really liked how they got Wardley involved and got real fans of the park to give their best memories, it just shows how big an impact a place like Towers can have on peoples lives.
100% agree!
I really enjoyed this year's show; 2015 still holds a special place in my heart, although 2017 was emotional and a very, very close second!

Just like others, I have also been very impressed with the organisation and professionalism of the resort, this weekend. It has been near to flawless and very well managed. It is certainly going to be a long season and as mentioned in the fireworks by others, Alton Towers is a very special place for me and it will be greatly missed!
NemeJaney

This show was very enjoyable for me because it had a simple theme, but was put together in a very artful, well-designed and emotionally affective manner.
I admit my eyes started rolling when I heard the song 'Firework' start to play (''not this song again!!''), but then when the Towers twist kicked in, it was actually quite cool.
It had a good many nods to us nerdy enthusiasts, but there was nothing that would've been irrelevant to other keen guests. Definitely something that could tug at everyone's heart strings, even those who had then only created very few memories of the place. It certainly left the whole crowd feeling a shared buzz of happy emotion afterwards :)
tallicay2k

Track listing was diabolical, so clichéd that Firework was played, and Castle on the Hill? coincidence or intended? I hope it wasn't intended as it isn't a castle.
The music around the park is unique and atmospheric, I don't know why they don't just create/use this kind of music for the firework shows to give it that unique feel instead of using bleeding songs that are overplayed anyway over the damn radio.
Annoys the heck out of me.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
hursty

Calling all cable fans!

Over on TTSP News is our brand new article Fireworks Bring 2017 Season to a Spectacular Close

We managed to get a look inside the control centre for the show! Here are a few of the photos;

Sound (Mmm timecode)

Lighting (Mmm DMX)

Pyro (Mmm wireless pyro)

And most importantly

Jubilee Fireworks were definite fans of having they're own fridge!
Aidan Lowe

Out of curiosity in previous years where did this set-up control for the Fireworks be?
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
hursty

Aidan Lowe wrote:Out of curiosity in previous years where did this set-up control for the Fireworks be?
Behind HB Leisure's giant football darts (near the marquee), nestled in the bushes is a small building which they've been using.

There's no line of sight, so effectively they'd be running blind (although still safely).
There is somethings they would have done to aid, but nothing is as good as having a control booth like they had this year.
It means sound have a better idea of the mix, lighting can 'busk' if needed (override the sequence), pyro can admire their work...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Jubilee Fireworks have uploaded the full 2017 display to Vimeo.
Robert.W

Alton Towers have started selling tickets for this years Fireworks Spectacular! The website has more information about each of the ticket options.

Justin

Just going to leave this here...

:love :love :love :love
Swarm Chris

Bonus points for the attention to detail with there only being 7 people in the raft! :lol
Dan

Wow, that image is a bit good!

I do wonder what presence Wicker Man will have in this years show?
Swarm Chris

Imagine projection mapping on the Wicker Man statue... :love
Zach

Swarm Chris wrote:Imagine projection mapping on the Wicker Man statue...  :love
Not during the fireworks. No one would see it, everyone’s facing the Towers and lake. A projection of the Wickerman or his face/s onto something is a possibility. 
Uttox83

With fireworks looming round the corner, what theme would people like to see this year? Personally, I think we will see the theme return to a ride based one and we will see a Wicker Man based display. Hopefully, as the last one that made me think "wow" was the Thirteen display. 
Ismail

Could they burn two mini Wicker Man statues? One for each day. Am I being dumb??? 
Or build one and use projection mapping?