Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

I would love to see Wicker Man take centre stage. There is so much they can do with the theme and The Beornen. If possible, burning a Wicker structure of some description would be amazing too. I really think the could play on the civilisation and their rituals, possibly with actors contributing to the display, similar to what we saw in 2015!
Rustyo

Can I guarantee entrance to the fireworks using a share the fun ticket online?
Justin

Hi Rustyo,

We've asked a couple of people about this, but no one is sure. We would suggest contacting Alton Towers directly for an answer.

Sorry I can't help any further :(
Rustyo

Hi, thanks for asking I will contact Towers to find out. I will post what I find out.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Rustyo wrote:Can I guarantee entrance to the fireworks using a share the fun ticket online?
No, Share the Fun vouchers aren’t valid for entry during fireworks, as per this FAQ.

The answer to this one does state that you can prebook Friends & Family tickets though.
Rustyo

Thank you for clearing that up Lewis97.
Justin

Theme Park Guide has posted a couple of pictures, on Facebook, of the prep taking place for this year's firework display!

Sozzy40

It's not visible in those pictured, but there are signs around the area basically saying sorry, we're preparing for our fireworks but there's an interesting part of it that states: The show tells a unique story with an astonishing amount of fireworks
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Zach

The current state of the lawns with Fireworks preparation coming along nicely, as you can see the Jubilee Control truck has once again made an appearance! If you want to learn more about what the inside of the truck and about last years fireworks Here when TTSP were given access to see inside and behind the scenes. 

You can also see the usual lighting Towers at either side of the lawns and an unusual structure taking shape in the middle, with speculation and rumours flying round what do you think it could be? 
Stan.H

Saturday has now sold out! Tickets are still available however for Sunday, but be quick!
Stan.H

As posted on the Alton Towers social media, BOTH nights of this year's fireworks display have now SOLD OUT! And the resort have advised visitors to ONLY travel to the park WITH a pre-booked ticket. Other than that, I hope everyone has a brilliant weekend if you are attending this year's display, and hopefully, I will see a few of you there (I'm doing the Sunday night this year).
nicky.borrill

We’re doing Sunday too :) 
lewis97
Admin
Admin

An exclusive look inside the control room ahead of tonight's display has been posted on TowersTimes Facebook.

Stan.H

Do they all have individual fridges this year? Saw the little disco light too :lol :lol
AltonOperator

Oh I love the tech pictures! They've got some serious gear. Where exactly are they parked this year?
Thanks Jack
Adz
Admin
Admin

AltonOperator wrote:Oh I love the tech pictures! They've got some serious gear. Where exactly are they parked this year?
It’s in roughly the same place as last year. Off to the left (when facing the towers) of the lawns. Nestled into the trees so it’s not distracting from the view.

I had great fun looking around the control room last year. It’s surprising that most of the equipment is for sound and lighting control, only a small part is the actual pyrotechnics.
kingbling11

Hello all,

I am attending the fireworks today (Sunday) and was interested to know what the queue times were likely to be like, knowing this is the busiest day of the year. I therefore set up my computer to screenshot ridetimes.co.uk every 10 mins for the saturday and have compiled the data into a spreadsheet. I thought this might be useful for you all to see so I have made it public and you can find it at this link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KnOr0KrWFJOJpO5tAu6FEjhDk5csNmgvJ-hylEA6ovo/edit?usp=sharing 
And here's a handy dandy graph in case you don't want to go through all the data. 
nicky.borrill

This is great. Could be useful info for tomorrow, thanks.
Ladyofthelake

I was fortunate enough to be at the Resort for both days of Fireworks this year and can say that this year's show was simply stunning!

***Spoilers ahead for those who may not want to know what this year's show included***

Having Sir Algenon return to lead the audience through the show worked perfectly and the way his segments divided the show into its individual acts worked very well. Each small section of dialogue lasted just the right length of time, allowing the smoke to clear from the fireworks in the previous section which then made sure it was clear enough for the next act. I loved the mix of music throughout the show which had the lighting and pyro choreographed perfectly alongside it. Particular highlights for me was the use of The Greatest Showman; the custom scored Wicker Man section; and the new version of In The Hall of the Mountain King at the end which then led perfectly to the traditional big finish. The show also included some impressive effects - particularly the huge flamethrowers during the Wicker Man section!

For me this was easily one of the best, if not the best fireworks I have seen at Alton Towers (2013, and 2015 were my joint favourites prior to this year). It's a display I think will stay with me for a while, and certainly when I hear some of the tracks used in the show they'll now take me right back to this year's display.
Wagstaff04

Will a video of the whole show be posted on YouTube?