CBeebies Land Hotel

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

I do agree. It will have an impact on the aesthetics of the hotel gardens and the Luxury Treehouses.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I wonder if future plans could see the relocation of the treehouses from one side to another, or additional luxury accommodation being offered in the expansion?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This Facebook post by the Spa suggests they're aiming for the hotel to open in June of next year, presumably some time after the Spa's reopening date.

[align=center]Image[/align]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alongside stating that the development will create 90 permanent roles, this article gives the name of the hotel's restaurant as the 'CBeebies Town Restaurant'.
vikkimoo

They don't need a massage therapist for the spa do they? *hopeful face*
RyanJames

Hey there!

Having read through this board I think everyone is hitting the same point.

I don't wish to alienate anyone by saying this but, Alton Towers (well Merlin in general) employ very skilled business/research staff to help determine what's right for the park and when. As much as I would love there to be; more theming, 2 new rides and a new coaster each year we just won't get it (at this point anyway).

Unfortunately this isn't a RCT style game where we can use a money cheat, ha, but at the end of the day they are running a business, and will do what financially makes sense at the time, and if its the families who are bringing in the most income, that's what they'll focus on (I don't know this for sure, I'm just making an educated guess).

I just personally hope that this is all a ploy to gain back immense profit within the next coming years so they can build the rides/restaurants/coasters/shops/games/theming etc we have wanted for a while.

I couldn't agree more when people say they should shift their perspective to a different demographic, but all I can do now is enjoy what they're bringing in for what it is and hope someone realises how long it's been since the last substantial addition aimed at people older than (let's for arguments sake say) 12.

Ever so sorry to be so blunt, I'm kinda crap with words sometimes, and contrary to what some of my post might sound/read like I do agree with you all!

I'm new to these forums so I'll still trying to get the hang of the best way to word my view on things!

Thanks guys :)
@therealrnixon
bensaund

If you are going to be blunt...

Hotels make money and rides cost money to run.

However people come to the park for the rides and experience, so they need to get the right balance. All I can see at the moment is a huge spend on accommodation and the bare minimum on rides.
Owen

The resort have announced the first set of themed room available within the CBeebies Land hotel, Octonauts!
CBeebies Land Hotel Facebook wrote:We're excited to reveal Octonauts bedrooms - continue your underwater adventure with Captain Barnacles and the crew in these rooms under the sea.
Booking opens on Friday the 18th of November, with standard and character rooms available.

Dom

I'm sure it will be a success for the park and looking at the characters that Alton Towers have released on FB for their character rooms I think they are choosing characters that will really make the little ones love it. Cbeebies has been a very good choice for the park, so I can understand the logic behind it.
Ladyofthelake

TowersTimes News have a full update on the latest CBeebies Land Hotel construction.

It certainly looks like work is moving along very quickly. For me, I am concerned about how enclosed the gardens are now going to feel - I'll miss being able to look out across the gardens into the woodland. I'm also concerned about how the spa is going to be affected with the hotel adjoining it. Unless some significant sound proofing is installed then the relaxed atmosphere of the spa will be interrupted by the noise from the CBeebies Land Hotel.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers' new short breaks advert contains a visualisation of what the entrance to the new hotel will look like.

MakoMania

Ah yes, the annual new year advert with Submission in the background :) , love it.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

Cricky, I was expecting something a tad more exciting than that, a sign with a couple stickers on a brick wall. I haven't really said much on this development but now that we have a good understanding of what it entails I have to say, this is probably one of the worst developments I have seen at Alton.

Now whilst I see the draw for small children, that is the only market this will appeal to. Not to mention that really, the standard rooms look pretty dull, with the only difference to a standard Alton Towers Hotel room being that it is filled with bright colours. Which leads me onto the absolutely shocking pricing of this hotel.

Based on bed and breakfast prices (excluding park tickets) taken from the hotel's opening date (that is yet to sell out even with Alton's marketing) the Cbeebies Land Hotel is approximately £80 more expensive for a family of 4 staying one night, I should mention these prices do not change through the year and in fact the price gap is widened during months such as September. To me that is a real kick in the face to parents out there seeing as you can get an arguably better themed room in the Alton Towers Hotel for a cheaper price. If this wasn't enough, they then see fit to charge over £100 more for an In The Night Garden themed room - more than even The Smiler Bedroom. I expect to see the real Iggle Piggle Live on stage for these prices! :lol

Now I know this is a bit on a rant but honestly, how is this acceptable? So far I've seen lack lustre images that honestly scream "It's meant for 4 year olds, they don't care what it looks like we will sell rooms easily", which is honestly not the case. Not to mention the lovely pond area at the back of the Alton Towers Hotel will feel like a plaza for an apartment complex now, and we can only hope we don't have the Charlie and Lola theme song blasting until 9:30.

Once again sorry for the tone of this post, although I think I've raised some quite prominent issues within it. :)
MakoMania

I agree with much of what Owen said, although it'll be interesting to see what the interior of the hotel looks like, particularly the reception & restaurant.
Capt.Barnacles

I'm familiar with CBeebies Land and how it's all gone together, spend enough time there and you can see the thought that's gone behind it. I don't doubt that the inside will be very VERY colourful as the concept images show, with plenty of fiberglass CBeebies Bugs sitting around :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As well as announcing the new additions to CBeebies Land today, Alton Towers have also released the full entertainments schedule for the CBeebies Land Hotel, which is as follows:
  • 7am - Meet Bing: Meet Bing for a gentle start to the day just before or after breakfast.
  • 7.30am - Meet Postman Pat: Meet Postman Pat and Jess and find out about all the exciting things to discover in CBeebies land
  • 8am - Meet Bing: At 8am there's another chance to meet Bing!
  • 8.30am - Get Up & Go: Get up & Go with a high energy, wake-up show that’s designed to get little people warmed up and ready for their big day out at CBeebies Land.
  • 9am - Meet Postman Pat: Meet Postman Pat and Jess and find out about all the exciting things to discover in CBeebies land
  • 9.30am - Meet Bing: At 9.30am there's another chance to meet Bing!
  • 10am-2.30pm - Free Play: Guests are invited to take part in the free play games and activities located in and around the entertainments area.
  • 2.30pm - Afternoon Fun & Games: During the early afternoon the CBeebies Entertainments cast are on hand to help little visitors with a variety of crafts and activities while the big people take care of Check-in.
  • 3pm-6pm - Meet Little Monster: From 3pm keep an eye out for Little Monster helping out in reception.
  • 3.30pm - Spot Bots: Join the Spot Bots on the big screen and the CBeebies Hotel presenters as they lead you through some of their favourite Spot Bot puzzles.
  • 4pm - Let's Act!: Join the CBeebies Entertainments Cast as they lead a drama workshop for tiny tots. Expect lots of fun interactive games that exercise the brain and the body.
  • 4.30pm - Let's Experiment!: A fun, interactive science display using practical, hands on, safe experiments.
  • 5pm - Funsters Make: Join the Funsters at 5pm as they get ARTY with the mini makers every evening.
  • 5.30pm - Dancing Beebies: Join professional dancers as they teach you a short routine from the Tortoise and the Hare ballet, perfect for little feet.
  • 6pm - Swashbuckle Gameshow: Swashbuckle's Captain Sinker has stolen some of Gem’s treasure and she needs your help to get it back. Battle it out to win as many crystals as possible.
  • 6.30pm - Andy's Dinosaur Hunt: Andy’s Time travelling clock is on the blink and has scattered priceless artefacts across the CBeebies Hotel. Can you help Andy to follow the clues and find the missing prehistoric items around the room?
  • 7pm - Bing Live: Bing and Flop have arrived at the CBeebies hotel for a short Holiday, but something is wrong with Bing, he’s nervous. He wants to make new friends but doesn’t know how. Hopefully the audience can give Bing confidence and in doing so become the best of friends.
  • 7.30pm - Tots Disco: A specially tailored disco for tiny dancers. The music isn’t too loud, but it’s bright, colourful and full of energy.
  • 7.30pm-9.30pm - Ready for Bed: In the library from 7.30pm there's a relaxation area filled with stories, restful activities and calming music for any potential sleepy heads who want a break from the heightened energy of the main room.
  • 8pm - Octonauts: The Octonauts are visiting the CBeebies Hotel as part of a nationwide tour to teach people about UK waterways. During the presentation a distress call is received from a Water Vole in danger. Luckily the Octonauts have just explained what to do in such an event, its now a race against time for you to explore the danger area, rescue the vole and protect its habitat.
  • 8.30pm - Disco: Any remaining energy can be danced away during the final CBeebies Disco session
  • 9pm - Stargazing: As darkness falls and bedtime beckons the stars shine bright, so grab yourself a beanbag and look up at the skies. Join the CBeebies Hotel Presenters as they talk about the fascinating wonders of our solar system and the constellations viewable that night.
Whilst I doubt it's particularly appealing to those on this forum, it is a pretty impressive offering and it wouldn't surprise me if people could easily spend the whole day at the hotel.
Liam.W

But how many years will that last... I bet in a year or two it will be every hour, not every half an hour or something like that.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

S.J_O'Grady

All this and yet ATTP and the pirate show seem to have been abandoned.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Owen

Although I think it's nice - it seems very odd to have entertainment through the whole day when families will be staying to go to the park, granted there is the free play gap until 2:30 although thidcstill seems quite early. To me it seems like wasting money on activities that aren't going to be seen by many when evidentially the resort isn't in the best of places. I suppose you'll have a few with very small children and we will see how this schedule works out when the hotel is open however it seems like an odd decision. :)
MakoMania

S.J_O'Grady wrote:All this and yet ATTP and the pirate show seem to have been abandoned.
Tbh I found ATTP annoying as they ruined the atmosphere on Towers Street for me, but yeah I miss the pirate show :(

Anyway, back on topic. It's certainly an impressive offering, however I think Owen's point about the timings is very valid. Do we know if this is just for peak dates? I can't see them running all this on off peak weekdays in September for example.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

MakoMania wrote:It's certainly an impressive offering, however I think Owen's point about the timings is very valid. Do we know if this is just for peak dates? I can't see them running all this on off peak weekdays in September for example.
The FAQs seem to suggest this is for all dates, although I'd be surprised if there weren't some changes during off-peak periods...
Is there any entertainment?
CBeebies Land Hotel has a full year round entertainment programme which will keep the little ones busy throughout their stay. Running seven days a week, the dedicated entertainment area will offer hosted activities, meet & greets, live shows and a disco as well as self-play.