Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Owen

Well due to them being only minor changes (from what I can hear) it may well be the case, however on the other hand I expect that somewhere in the 25 minutes there will be a repeated section so I'm unsure thinking about it. Like I say, I suppose we will never know :P
MakoMania

When I went on Friday there was both this version and the game version playing around the area within the 25 minute soundtrack. This new version is far more impressive though in my opinion.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Smiffy107

I feel its nice for a change but its just their way of trying to get people to ride it again, good idea, I still love air, but I think I would prefer it without the headset
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'
zakwoolley1

I'll miss riding it in the dark at scarefest

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

Advert is up: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Mermalizer

Nice advert, I quite like the future-style Towers Street at the beginning.
Prepare to be mermalized!
NeoXIII

They went from "the world's first fully dedicated VR rollercoaster" to "the universe's first fully dedicated VR rollercoaster". AT is upping their game it seems! ;)
PJ.

NeoXIII wrote:They went from "the world's first fully dedicated VR rollercoaster" to "the universe's first fully dedicated VR rollercoaster". AT is upping their game it seems! ;)
Expect a law suit from Mat Damon, you should see the VR coaster he set up on Mars to while away the time, it was surprisingly cut out the film ...
Adam.W

Just saying but isn't it suspicious that it was released on April Fools day? ;)

Someone's said they've seen it on TV so it's unlikely that this is the case...
Owen

This has nothing to do with April fools day.
zakwoolley1

How would an advert that tells the truth be an April fools joke?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Mermalizer

It's definitely not an April Fools, I saw the shortened version on TV today.
Prepare to be mermalized!
Liam.W

I really like that advert!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

theparklifekid

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2016/ ... -for-2017/

Dammit Towerstimes, i believed you for a second...
In other news Alton Towers have announced SW8 will not be a rollercoaster, but a room filled with chairs and oculus rifts, playing "ThunderLooper: The VR Experience".
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
KoasterKraver

Why do you have to wear headsets?
GhostWalker

Visited AT yesterday and the park was empty - from 10 till 4:30 rode 15 times: - Smiler x 5, Oblivion x 4, Thirteen x 1, Galactica x 2, Nemesis x 1, Rita x 2.

Galactica queue in the morning was shown as 45 minutes but we walked straight on just after lunch time. First ride was with the VR headset on - the clean and dry process for the headset is painful. In general the Galactica experience was OK, graphics were OK - black edges on some scenes, out of focus on others, in general OK. Walked straight around and onto the front row for a second ride - I advised the ride op that I didn't want to wear the VR headset, he said I had to unless I had a medical condition such as epilepsy, wink, wink, so my son and I confirmed we may have epilepsy and didn't wear the headset - for me it's about the coaster experience and I love Air so the second ride was better.

Oh, and don't see much point of the on-ride photos - we skipped through the queue line photo booth saying we didn't want to put our head in the 'portal'

Remember this is my personal opinion of Galactica so don't should me down :lol
Stan.H

Galactica Review

I was on park earlier this week and was able to ride Galactica... We got to Galactica at about 10.15am (as we were on Spinball ERT), the displayed wait time was 45 mins so we got into the queue; but how wrong that was!!! 90 minutes later we were on the ride - probably the main problem with the ride! I thought the theming that AT has invested in was AMAZING and the VR on the lift hill was great; but after the first drop it got weird, the fire was a bit odd (despite in app). After that the VR got much better and was surprisingly great on the barrel roll. The staff working on it where super fast and efficient. The shop was the probably my least anticipated feature of this project but was defiantly a hit with me and my family. Overall - 6.5/10
Owen

Could someone confirm if the disabled entrance is situated in the same place as AIR's was?

Thanks in advance :)
Tom170499

Emporium wrote:Galactica Review

I was on park earlier this week and was able to ride Galactica... We got to Galactica at about 10.15am (as we were on Spinball ERT), the displayed wait time was 45 mins so we got into the queue; but how wrong that was!!! 90 minutes later we were on the ride - probably the main problem with the ride! I thought the theming that AT has invested in was AMAZING and the VR on the lift hill was great; but after the first drop it got weird, the fire was a bit odd (despite in app). After that the VR got much better and was surprisingly great on the barrel roll. The staff working on it where super fast and efficient. The shop was the probably my least anticipated feature of this project but was defiantly a hit with me and my family. Overall - 6.5/10
I was lucky enough to walk straight onto it twice on Friday around half 4. I thought it was amazing!
xylyx

We rode Galactica on Friday, the advertised time was 20 mins but it took about 10 really. Absolutely loved the experience: very immersive I agree with the general consensus that the lift hill is the best part but it's awesome nonetheless. If I have any criticism it's the lower resolution on the phones, watching the VR on my computer is fantastic, on the phones it's less impressive. That and the fact they've crammed everything into the one ride, would be nicer if you had the option of two desperate destinations with more time spent on each. However the atmosphere and theming around the ride is wonderful i love the music as it is basically the music from Sunshine, one of my favourite soundtracks, and it's all so well done. I'll give the whole thing a 9 out of 10.