Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Here's our new Galactica POV. Well, it's a hell of a lot more than just that.
Big thank you to ATR, specifically Lizzie from Marketing and Joe from Tech Services in making it happen.
Aidan Lowe

After watching the video Chris posted was about to ask why they'd removed everything from the VR side of things, thought initially due to Covid-19 but thought stripping all the equipment off the trains if they plan to re-use it at some point was a bit ott.

Been years since I've been so glad they removed it completely. Good concept but in the end it was a failure which I kind of gathered due to the new locations never coming to fruition (I think anyway), bit like DBGT they are biting off more than they could chew just to be "first" in the world/europe or whatever AT pushes for nowadays thankfully that didn't happen with Wickerman so hopefully those days are behind them.

I'll stick with my view from years ago that VR has it's place, that place is not on coasters though imo, landscaping around a coaster and quality theming is how it should be.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc