Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
stevebrown

Alton Towers just posted a sneak preview of what looks like the VR from the station to the top of the lift hill " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xylyx

That's interesting, and I do like how you can see AIRs trundle out of the station onto the lift hill. Only difference is instead of the tunnel you get the white room. I presume it will also slink off to the left depending on which side of the station you leave.

They could put some brilliant Easter eggs in the white room, "get a life" scrawled in John Wardley's handwriting :D
demz_4

"get a life" scrawled in John Wardley's handwriting - THIS IS BRILLIANT :clap: :clap: :clap:
Liam.W

xylyx wrote:I presume it will also slink off to the left depending on which side of the station you leave.
Maybe only the left station will be used for VR and the right side used for those who don't want VR.

Seeing this video has made me even more excited for Galactica! I was worrying that the graphics wouldn't be very good like the ones at EP (of what I have seen) but they have surpassed my expectations! Now I really can't wait to ride!
Last edited by Liam.W on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

Liam.W wrote:
xylyx wrote:I presume it will also slink off to the left depending on which side of the station you leave.
Maybe only the left station will be used for VR and the right side used for those who don't want VR
I doubt that because I don't think many people will ride without VR, in the first few years anyway.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
CJH

Highly doubt they will use just one station for VR. They have 3 trains which alternate between both stations, so can't honestly see it happening without destroying throughput and sending many empty crafts. As previously said can't see many people riding without VR.
vandark

MakoMania wrote:
Liam.W wrote:
Maybe only the left station will be used for VR and the right side used for those who don't want VR
I doubt that because I don't think many people will ride without VR, in the first few years anyway.
Yeh, unless they are afraid for some reason, I can't see many people not using the VR.
NemesisRider

xylyx wrote:That's interesting, and I do like how you can see AIRs trundle out of the station onto the lift hill. Only difference is instead of the tunnel you get the white room. I presume it will also slink off to the left depending on which side of the station you leave.

They could put some brilliant Easter eggs in the white room, "get a life" scrawled in John Wardley's handwriting :D
Or this plastered all over the walls:

Justin

I wasn't a big fan of the announcement, but I have slowly come round to the idea of VR. The latest video has sold it to me and when putting all the elements together, I believe it will be epic!
dazza4783

Liam.W wrote:
Maybe only the left station will be used for VR and the right side used for those who don't want VR.

I'd say it is more likely that one side of the station is for NERO 5 and the other is for KEPLER 9.
xylyx

Ah that could be possible and would be an easy way for the software to distinguish which destination they're going to.

I wonder though, if they do that would they be able to load in new destinations as additions to Nero and Kepler, or if they need the station distinction will they have to replace these with the newbies.
dazza4783

xylyx wrote:Ah that could be possible and would be an easy way for the software to distinguish which destination they're going to.

I wonder though, if they do that would they be able to load in new destinations as additions to Nero and Kepler, or if they need the station distinction will they have to replace these with the newbies.
Yes, the possibility for new destinations is practically endless, they could add new ones every few years to keep it fresh.
stealthsmiler

The VR will keep Galactica relevant for many years. Every couple of years they can add a new destination and market that new experience. Plus if they were to retheme the area in say 10 years, the theme of the ride could easily be changed to fit in I personally think adding VR to Air was a brilliant idea. Before VR. I saw Air as one of the first big 6 coasters to go probably after Rita. Now I think it will last much longer. And probably stay longer than oblivion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan.B

Vertical reality over virtual reality! That's how I feel at the moment although the VR does look good!
LiamWhitehurst

I think the graphics quality of the vr that is shown in the video confirms that the video will be pre-rendered. Relieved that the vr looks so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vandark

it's not pre rendered!
118hazaman

Definitely a pre-rendered 360 degree video.
Jack

I do think people should keep in mind every VR video anybody has seen is pre rendered in a 360 degree format. This is the most efficient, most reliable and best quality way of doing VR and after the video posted by Alton Towers I find it very hard to argue it will not be pre rendered :)
Sawboss

Since you can't interact with it in any way there wouldn't be any point in it not being pre rendered.
MakoMania

Mr Wardley:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-o ... r-11023240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]