Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Aidan Lowe

How the front of the portal looks completed, taken from a paper this morning.

And today at John Lennon Airport people got the chance to be first on the list to experience Galactica later this month.

Deb Moore one of the lucky few have received a ticket and will be taking flight into Space on the very first day of the season 19th March.

The preview event for Galactica recently sent out via mailer and more information on Monday I presume will occur the same day.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Krazycoaster

Looks like the VR competition is coming in thick and fast. Six Flags have just announced today they'll be adding VR to 9 of their coasters for this season, using the Samsung Gear VR.
- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia
- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis
- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape
- Goliath at La Ronde
- SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England
- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America
xylyx

Wow that's a huge uptake , I guess it gives you a nice refresh on rides without a huge expense so no surprise but that is a lot of rides.
stealthsmiler

It's a shame they didn't repaint the track or trains a different colour. A deep blue would have worked well. It looks too much like Air as it is so I imagine it will continue to be called Air by many. We've seen how a simple fresh coat of paint can make a ride look brand new and the different colour would have differentiated the two themes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam.W

I'm guessing the trains at least might be repainted/parts replaced, because many of the pictures still show the Air-blue colour and the trains still look near enough the same.
Aidan Lowe

Adam.W wrote:I'm guessing the trains at least might be repainted/parts replaced, because many of the pictures still show the Air-blue colour and the trains still look near enough the same.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The media images used today were only done recently. If anything it'll get the "Air Space Technologies" on the front other than that I wouldn't hold up hope for anything major changing on the trains themselves.

The track has been cleaned and that is about the extent of work that'll happen on that.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It has been confirmed that Galactica will not have a Single Rider Queue.

[align=center]Image[/align]
xylyx

Dya think that's a logistical decision? Dealing with the different paths and whatnot leading into the photopoint? Or because it was rarely used? At least I rarely saw it being utilised.,
KoasterKraver

I have spun the wheel on the game far past 100 times, and still have not won anything, wondering if I'm doing something wrong or the competition has ended?
Ladyofthelake

KoasterKraver wrote:I have spun the wheel on the game far past 100 times, and still have not won anything, wondering if I'm doing something wrong or the competition has ended?
The competition is still going. It's just pure luck if you win something. I'm in a similar situation in that I have spun the wheel numerous times and haven't won a single prize. Only thing you can do is keep trying :)
MakoMania

Even when you do win something, you don't get it :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
JonDoesTT

Yeah, the prize wheel is bugged so much. It doesn't give daily spins, and when it says you do win a prize, you get nothing apparently.

Credit to NemesisRider
MakoMania

JonDoesTT wrote:Yeah, the prize wheel is bugged so much. It doesn't give daily spins, and when it says you do win a prize, you get nothing apparently.
Yeah, I won on day 1, have recieved nothing. They say they're having "technical difficulties"

Ha, more like they've lost the database of winner IDs and they don't know what to do!
alicheesy

It worked for me so they must have just messed up some of them
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
MakoMania

alicheesy wrote:It worked for me so they must have just messed up some of them
You're very lucky! I know 3 people who've won and recieved nothing.
Air15

Just won on the app and I got the cardboard headset and free ticket and was wondering does Alton towers email you and plus do you have to collect them from AT or are they delivered :D
Jammydodger

Can also confirm I won free tickets and fastracks 4 days ago and got my confirmation email just fine!
That said, the email confirmation is far from convincing, I have no idea how they're gonna verify it other than my email address. Apparently you just show them the email at admissions.
Air15

Ok thanks how long did it take for you to receive an email to confirm that u won
theparklifekid

Does anyone know if the Air tunnel has had changes?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Sawboss

Hopefully a clean and maybe paint, don't see the point in any more than that since most people won't even see it now cos they'll all be plugged into the matrix.