Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ASturge21

Momoffour wrote:Nothing to do with this is it ?

http://www.virgingalactic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably not but I do like to add a random post here and there [WHITE SMILING FACE]️[WHITE SMILING FACE]️
The two logos are similar. So a virgin sponsored ride with a space theme?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Sawboss

So the preshow recreates airport check in? Thrilling ;)
ASturge21

It looks more like virgin galactic rather than virgin airways

MakoMania

ASturge21 wrote:It looks more like virgin galactic rather than virgin airways

Didn't Virgin Galactic have a crash recently.

Imagine the mirror headlines.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
ASturge21

Themepark247360 wrote:
ASturge21 wrote:It looks more like virgin galactic rather than virgin airways

Didn't Virgin Galactic have a crash recently.

Imagine the mirror headlines.
I believe they did. Virgin Galactic also links in with galatica what was trademarked.

Sawboss

In seriousness, I think a ride themed around a busy spaceport could be brilliant, although I think to do it justice would need a higher budget than the spruce up of an old ride warrants.
ASturge21

Does anyone know what the budget is for the improvements?

NemesisRider

I kinda hope it's not sponsored to be honest. I know Air was originally sponsored by Cadbury's but I feel a big sponsorship would be a little bad for the authenticity/immersiveness of Forbidden Valley. But it could be OK if it's done right.
cookiee_munster

Oh God. so if this is all true, the whole virgin galactic sponsorship and space travel theme its going to be even more removed from the rest of the theme of forbidden valley than before...

if this is a way for it to have its own land with a collection of other attractions on the car park next to it then so be it. but if its just going to remain solely the sore thumb in-terms of themed integration, then no thanks...
Zach

I visited Alton Towers as I live locally just to have a look round see what's going on take a look at the Christmas decor etc and stumbled upon the Air car park and found all this lying around...

Apologies for them not being the best however it is hard to take pics in the dark and you've got people looking at you as if you're weird. They should get you all speculating a bit more.
Rita Fan

Some poles look like RMC rails, but I'd assume that's just scaffolding for food loop or airs station
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
bengutt

Looks like the used bits from the Air station to me.
JonDoesTT

There have been a few tweets this morning about a 'VR Enchanced Attraction'.

One from @AirgatesUK says:
We understand news relating to a new VR-enhanced attraction at @AltonTowers will be announced next month. #takeflight
And two others from @TowersExpert:
A rumour states that news of a 'VR Enhanced' attraction at Alton Towers will be released next month! (1/2)
However, as this is a rumour I cannot confirm it to be 100% true, but it is still a large possibility!
Unless it's another ride being VR-Enhanced (which is very very unlikely), I think it's probably air.

Credit to NemesisRider
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I expect that is based on this article from Attractions Management.
Sawboss

I'm slowly coming around to the use of VR to freshen up old rides and give them a new lease of life as an optional feature. I only hope they don't go crazy and start slapping it on every ride.
JonDoesTT

lewis97 wrote:I expect that is based on this article from Attractions Management.
Ah, that'll be it.
There is some indication that the January announcement would be for a rollercoaster at a major theme park in the UK, though Mack would not confirm this. The ride developer also revealed to Attractions Management that is working with several major IPs for branded VR ride experiences, which will be revealed in the coming months.

Credit to NemesisRider
stealthsmiler

Sawboss wrote:I'm slowly coming around to the use of VR to freshen up old rides and give them a new lease of life as an optional feature. I only hope they don't go crazy and start slapping it on every ride.
I look forward to it, if air does get it. I think on one ride at a park it would be good, and will be different - a god opportunity to really tell a theme and story! Its nice to see Forbidden Valley and it's rides get a freshen up in advance for SW8
daboywunda

I really hope it's not VR.. It just seems to scream cheap, knock off gimmick thrills that have a resonance from the same minds that brought you The Swarm Backwards...
Aidan Lowe

I think we'll have to wait to judge it to be fair. I don't think anyone who has tested any of the new VR tech being made available has had any bad reviews of it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
JonDoesTT

There's been a few people who claim to have close links to people at Towers that have said VR will be added to the ride. They also said that the people installing it didn't think it should have VR, and that the new name will be Galactica.. These sources are definitely not 100% true, and I don't entirely trust them, but VR is definitely looking a lot more like a possibility.

Credit to NemesisRider