Ride maintenance issues 2015

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altonboy001

This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here
Stan.H

Air's second station, when I went a week ago it was only running on two trains and they weren't using the station to your left?? The trains builded up so did the queues (20 mins - 60 mins). Does anyone know whats happened??
Hazard

The station on the left was working last week when I went.
Stan.H

I meant station on the right, sorry!!
Altonboy001

Emporium wrote:I meant station on the right, sorry!!

I've been 4/5 times this year and the right station hasn't been working for non of those days.

Perhaps needs a part.
TomL

I think it's just down to reduced throughput on off peak days to save a bit of money, like many other coasters on the park they only run limited trains. Nemesis runs one instead of two, Air runs 2 instead of 3. When they run two trains they don't have any need to use the second station.
Adam.W

Altonboy001 wrote:This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here
There aren't meant to be stickers on the back, it's always been like that
Adam.W

Altonboy001 wrote:
Emporium wrote:I meant station on the right, sorry!!

I've been 4/5 times this year and the right station hasn't been working for non of those days.

Perhaps needs a part.
I've never used the right station. I never even knew it existed until a few months ago.
AT only use both on peak days to save money, rather than have 2 stations as its unneeded
Dan

On Bank Holiday Sunday they had station 2 loaded with a craft and ready to go at 9:30.

They ran exclusively with station 1 during ERT then as soon as the rest of the park opened they went to 2 station/3 craft operation.

It's purely down to budgetary reasons that they only use station 2 when they absolutely have to.
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

sum1mad wrote:
Altonboy001 wrote:This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here
When it first opened there were on the back of every seat but this season they are all black.
Aidan Lowe

Are we talking about the illusion things? I personally cannot say I noticed, though I'm not usually staring at the seats anyway lol

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Adam.W

Alex Tyler wrote:
sum1mad wrote:

Discuss here
When it first opened there were on the back of every seat but this season they are all black.
I think I originally thought that he was talking about the back of the hypnitiser spinning things :p