Rollercoaster Restaurant

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Plans have now been added to the recent application regarding the extension of the Air Shop, confirming that Alton Towers will be getting a Rollercoaster Restaurant, presumably next year. The extension will be both out the front and back of the current building, with the restaurant being situated in the current building, with its amenities located in the extension at the back, whilst Air's shop and the Picsolve counter will be moved into the front extension.
NemesisRider

Wonder how the Air Shop will look after this development... I'll be interested to see how this moves forward, this sounds like it could be a great addition to the resort! :)
Ryan.B

Can we tell whether we walk through the restaurant getting off air?
Jack

The exit for Air will be changing massively then! I really look forward to seeing how this turns out! :D
Ryan.B

Wonder if it will stall like the smiler :lol
Morgan

I can imagine the exit for air going underneath the left station and into the current disabled entrance.

I look forward to seeing more, the one at Europa Park looks great. Thanks Lewis :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As can be seen from the plans, the exit from Air will remain the same up until the top of the stairs, where it will be diverted to the right through the new retail area, where the Picsolve counter will also be located.

Here are also the proposed elevations for the extension, which includes a look at the themed entrance.

NemeJaney

I wonder what the theming will be like, if there is any. Perhaps a variety of FV sub-themes will be in place(Nemmy, Phalanx, Air etc), maybe just Air, or maybe just a generic food-loopy theme. We shall see. Very exciting!
Stan.H

Would it be possible to do a suspended food loop? You could do a circuit like nemmie, with the alien and all that stuff!!
Aidan Lowe

Don't remember how long ago it was posted but a member joined the community and mentioned this restaurant addition was being added to the Air building, he also had a list of other things but can't remember what they were.

As for the Food Loop restaurant, cool addition, I don't personally eat on park but for those who enjoy meals on resort then its gonna be a different experience. Hope they only theme it to Air, air has the color scheme and overall theme to make something like this visually dazzling.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ryan.B

Wouldn't be able to stop at tables, unless it dropped off using a pulley system or something, I reckon this will be the major restaurant in forbidden valley, with fish and chips knocked down as well as the blade removed at the end/before the end of this year. I think the two flats in forbidden valley, ripsaw and The Blade will be removed with the next Major Investment SW8 on the site of Ripsaw, The Blade and Fish and Chips, I reckon this will be the start of Forbidden Valley's major renovation.

Andy MC, do you mean Karnan?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are several Rollercoaster Restaurants worldwide, so it will most likely have the same system as all of these.
Nathan_Fisher

Andy Mc wrote:Don't remember how long ago it was posted but a member joined the community and mentioned this restaurant addition was being added to the Air building, he also had a list of other things but can't remember what they were.
I remember this as well, it wasn't too long ago though. I'm not quite sure how they predicted it, but it looks like they were right.
Aidan Lowe

AT lover wrote:Andy MC, do you mean Karnan?
Nah I just remember people saying "oh here is another Karnan", but he/she was right about this addition so kudos, I know its only a restaurant though so probably wouldn't of been as hush hush as a major development at towers.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Paws

I remember this too and just found it over in the SW8 thread:

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... start=2360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
day54 wrote:SW8 will be in the valley in 2016/17
Air shop will become a roller coaster restaurant next year
Ripsaw will move x sector
day54 wrote:It'll be public knowledge soon enough :)
Pretty creepy.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Rumours of a Rollercoaster Restaurant in the Air Shop had been around prior to that post.
Zach

Paws wrote:I remember this too and just found it over in the SW8 thread:

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... start=2360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
day54 wrote:SW8 will be in the valley in 2016/17
Air shop will become a roller coaster restaurant next year
Ripsaw will move x sector
day54 wrote:It'll be public knowledge soon enough :)
Pretty creepy.
Plus ripsaw definitely won't move, it wouldn't survive a relocate
Ryan.B

Ripsawp won't move, but we MAY get an newer Floorless back to back model, although it seems unlikely
cookiee_munster

Oh, this is pretty cool. my mate was telling me about one he went to in Germany and said they are pretty fun!

not wanting to diverge too much, but what with this addition to the air shop, do you think the ride will get any thematic enhancements???
lewis97
Admin
Admin

cookiee_munster wrote:not wanting to diverge too much, but what with this addition to the air shop, do you think the ride will get any thematic enhancements???
I doubt it.