Rollercoaster Restaurant

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

Justin wrote:After seeing this, I must say that it is really nice to see the Rollercoaster Restaurant receive an update. I know it is not much, but it shows that the park are committed to updating the restaurant with new additions. Hopefully,  the show will be updated with Wicker Man footage too! :)
I’ve no doubt it’ll be coming soon 
Justin

Well, it would be strange not to include it :)
Robert.W

I've heard from someone who is on park today that a Wicker Man segment has been added to the Rollercoaster Restaurant video. :)

DeadJack5

Robert.W wrote:I've heard from someone who is on park today that a Wicker Man segment has been added to the Rollercoaster Restaurant video. :)
I can confirm there is a Wicker Man section of the video ending with the Alton Towers logo with each of the segment's rides logos around the logo. It has the words "what's next?" above this.
TheBeornen

This wouldn't happen for a while but it would be cool when they begin teasing SW9 They could add a teaser image or something to the end of the video.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Justin

At the end of the video it does say 'What's Next?' as all the ride logos and years whirl round. It is an updated graphic which now includes Wicker Man. Here is an image of the screen that I took tonight...

jackf1tz

Here's the new video in its entirety:
Last edited by jackf1tz on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBeornen

That looks great, reminds me a bit of the countdown teasers they released before Wicker Man was announced.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Nickolai

I wonder how the source footage was found.
Formally Smiler313
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Smiler313 wrote:I wonder how the source footage was found.
Alton Towers posted it on Facebook on Thursday morning ;)
Nickolai

Oh aha that explains it! I really like the video, I think it really showcases the coasters nicely.
Formally Smiler313
DeadJack5

As reported by TowersTimes News, This weekend, Alton Towers’ Rollercoaster Restaurant launched ‘The Battle of the Burgers’ pitting seven rollercoaster inspired creations against each other for the chance to be featured on the menu in 2020. TowersTimes were invited to sample the menu.

Are you tempted to try any of the dishes battling it out in the Rollercoaster Restaurant?

Swarm Chris

I was given the opportunity to try out the new menu over the weekend, and was massively impressed with the items on offer. Each of the burgers had their own unique flavour and identity, with none of the items being a typical "cheese burger/bacon and cheese burger/chicken burger". More often than not it was the flavours from the toppings and sauces that really defined each item, from the mildly firery Nemesis burger, to the more refreshing and slightly fruity Rita Wrap. I really felt that these gave some interesting menu choices and were great fitting for both the Rollercoaster Restaurant, and as fun food options for the Resort as a whole. I hope other Merlin parks take note and also try to add fun and variety to their menus.

It also impressed me that all of the items could be made vegetarian, and two vegan. With the main flavours coming from the sauces and toppings, I would expect the vegetarian choices to be near identical in flavour to the non-vegetarian ones. So it's a menu that tries to be as inclusive as possible, for everyone to enjoy.

And yes, you get a lot more chips than are shown here. I left most of them in the pot it was delivered in. :)