Big Six Challenge

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Owen

Does it really matter if anyone can do it?

It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit of fun after all! :P
Tom170499

Owen wrote:Does it really matter if anyone can do it?

It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit of fun after all! :P
And for someone to do it, they have to have paid to enter the park which is all AT will be bothered about anyway :D
ROYJESS

Dan wrote:
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:A YouTube video for it is up. It surprised me that the video said 13's secret element- the free fall drop. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dy-UZtlb2Q
Given the ride is now 7 years old it's not really a secret element anymore :-k
You be surprised. In the last 12 months, I've lost count on how many first time Thirteen riders that I've see that have absolutely no idea about the crypt drop
MakoMania

The app has still not updated, anyone know what's going on?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

Mine updated on the 12th (as seen in the screenshot I posted).

It might be to do with the phone you have :)
NeoXIII

Owen wrote:Mine updated on the 12th (as seen in the screenshot I posted).

It might be to do with the phone you have :)
Are you using iPhone or Android? I'm on Android (Galaxy S7) and it still seems like it didn't update at all...
EDIT:
Just checked on their website, the Android app didn't received the update yet.
Kind of unfair to give Apple phones a head start!:/
Bert

I'm using android and I haven't the update either. I hate it when Iphone user get updates first an brag about how apple is the best at everything.

Come on Towers why can't you delay the updates until it is ready for android. Why does the android version of the app have to be one update behind. It's not like Apple are paying you for timed exlusivity *cough* *cough* Nintendo *cough*.
[Insert Signature Here]
Owen

I don't know how app development works but has anyone considered that it's taking longer for Android due to it needing some more development than iOS (possibly due to Android having all sorts of different versions)?

I'd imagine with the challenge already being late they just wanted to get at least one platform out and ready. Whilst it really is a pain thankfully it's not in peak season and I'm sure the update will be rolled out soon - just need to be patient! :P

(Side note notice how I am using an iPhone and avoided bragging once? It's a miricle! ;))
NeoXIII

^Dunno, but that did sound like a bit of bragging to me. ;)
In other news, the Android version of the app has been updated and now includes the challenge as well.
NemesisRider

I know this has probably already been said - but I do wish Merlin would do something for the Annual Passholders who will get little to no benefit from this. Just a little something like a Big Six pop badge or vouchers for the restaurants/shops for people who complete it would be nice.
Zach

Big Six merchandise is expected to be in Towers Trading company by 22nd May however it could be earlier, a shop reshuffle will follow with the role out of the merchandise. New pin badges will also come with the big six merchandise, including new Smiler and Big Six pin and a rumoured corckscrew pin badge.
Robert.W

Personally, I think that the pin badges for the Big Six Challenge should only be sold at the end of the rides like at the photo booths so that only those who have ridden the ride can buy them.

TheBeornen

This thread has been quiet for a while, today I started thinking of AT would rebrand this as The Big 7? Also if they were going to do it, when are they going to announce it?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Phild94

They’ll probably rename it something ridiculous like “The Serious Seven”

Or they’ll omit Rita from the line up and call it “Stwong”
Justin

It is way to early to guess if the challenge returns as the 'Super 7' or something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't return next season though as I expect the focus will be 100% on Wicker Man.
Robert.W

A video of the Alton Towers Waterpark, showing off the new light features seems to suggest that the "Big Six" will be rebranded as the "Big Seven".

Obviously, no confirmation on wether it will return as a challenge for 2018, but I'd agree with what Justin has said about the main focus being on Wicker Man for this year, however after that I personally think it is likely that it could return, rebranded as the "Big Seven Challenge" in 2019.

Justin

It could make a return under the 'Big 7', although, the vinyl could easily be changed at any time, so it may be a case of watch this space :)
I am intrigued if 'Rush: The Big 7' included snippets of The Wicker Man though, and if so, if this is an IMAScore sample or in-house composition?
Robert.W

Indeed, they may come up with a better name in time for a relaunched coaster challenge, but the "Big Seven" doesn't sound too bad, even if it doesn't have the same ring that the "Big Six" had to it. :)

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the audio for the slide as well... I guess it depends on how long it takes to slide down the slide! I think something like what the Resort currently use for the monorail stations, maybe if IMAscore can somehow add in the Wicker Man ride soundtrack somewhere? I think that could work well! :)