Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

TTheory wrote:Does anyone know how I can contact John Wardley? I have some questions I fancy asking him :3
I think that's something probably best left buddy, considering he's retired now and that I'm sure the answer to your questions could be found somewhere or if it's regarding anything future then he won't be able to give you answers simply because he won't know or if he did he couldn't say :)
Lee

TheSmilerMan wrote:
TTheory wrote:Does anyone know how I can contact John Wardley? I have some questions I fancy asking him :3
I think that's something probably best left buddy, considering he's retired now and that I'm sure the answer to your questions could be found somewhere or if it's regarding anything future then he won't be able to give you answers simply because he won't know or if he did he couldn't say :)
Johns email address is readily available online via his website, but it's not something I'll personally post on the forum.

He's openly commented on how he enjoys reading fan emails with ideas and questions and often attempts to reply to as many as he can. If it's something that is a commonly asked question, then it'll already be on the forums somewhere so I suggest searching here and the many other enthusiast sites first.
Morgan

Thanks! It's a few questions about dark rides that I don't believe anyone has asked him
MakoMania

Just a quick one:

How busy will it be on Sunday 22nd March. Its opening weekend and some people have told me it'll be really busy others say it'll be quite quiet. Has anyone here been on the Sunday of an opening weekend where there's not a big ride opening? Presumably it'll be quieter than Sat 21st right?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Ripsaw Raver

Hey guys, so me and the BF are headed to AT Sunday and we have decided to get ATAP's, i was just wondering what time , if anyone knows, the box office closes. Were thinking of getting to Chained Oak for 4pm going across, sorting AP's out then going in park Monday and Tuesday. Any info would be great! =]
Dan

Ripsaw Raver wrote:Hey guys, so me and the BF are headed to AT Sunday and we have decided to get ATAP's, i was just wondering what time , if anyone knows, the box office closes. Were thinking of getting to Chained Oak for 4pm going across, sorting AP's out then going in park Monday and Tuesday. Any info would be great! =]
I believe the Box Office closes either 30 minutes or 1 hour after ride close, which on Sunday is 5:30, so if you're at The Chained Oak for 4pm you'll have plenty of time to go and sort your passes out.
Adam.W

Themepark247360 wrote:Just a quick one:

How busy will it be on Sunday 22nd March. Its opening weekend and some people have told me it'll be really busy others say it'll be quite quiet. Has anyone here been on the Sunday of an opening weekend where there's not a big ride opening? Presumably it'll be quieter than Sat 21st right?
It will be rather busy as its opening weekend. Also, Sundays are generally quieter than Saturdays. Also, people might think the second day is quieter, so they visit then, so if lots of people get the same idea it will probably still be really busy :)
Dan

Opening weekend is actually surprisingly quiet. With the exception of The Smiler you won't have to queue any longer than 30 minutes for the main attractions.
DaveRules

Hello, does anyone know how i can find Nemesis SRQ? i heard it's near the exit, but i have forgot where that is, since it's been two years since i've been to Alton Towers. I would appreciate if someone would show me pictures and/or directions on how to get there. Thanks.
Ladyofthelake

If you head as if you're going towards the ride exit, but instead of heading up the exit ramp, go to the left and you should see a small set of steps which take you to the SRQ for Nemesis.

Hope that helps :)
DaveRules

Well, i need to find the exit first, since the last time i have been there i did was i went into the main queue and i didn't notice when we were coming out the exit. It's very big there, i am going on my own this time as well, so do you think i should use the fast tracks? do they let individual riders with fast tracks or do i have to go to the single rider's queue if i am riding alone?
Ladyofthelake

To find the exit you need to head towards the bottom of Forbidden Valley. Keep to the higher side of the area by keeping to the left hand side. You'll pass the entrance to Nemesis: Sub Terra, the see the main entrance to Nemesis. Keep walking past the coaster until you see the Nemesis photo booth on your left. Turn to your left and you'll see the main Nemesis station with the exit in front of you.

Completely up to you if you want to buy fastrack. Usually the best thing to do is judge queue times at the start of the day to see if you really need them. Anyone can use fastrack - groups or single riders :)
DaveRules

Thanks, i am going to buy the Fastrack Scream anyway to go on the bigger rides. Is the SRQ for Air and Nemesis Sub-Terra really that bad?
Ladyofthelake

The SRQ can vary alot. It completely depends on the number of people in the SRQ, and the make up of the groups batching onto the ride. I've been in the SRQ for Nemesis a few times - on some occasions I've waited less than 10 mins, on others 30mins. It's best to judge it when you're there :)
Morgan

I second that. Once my friend got a walk on Nemmy via SRQ, later that day, Oblivion SRQ was around 30 mins.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Oblivion's SRQ typically takes longer due to the larger rows which are more versatile with different group sizes.
gmonster

Hi folks,
can anyone tell if the staff stop the turntables on the flume and rapids for disabled? Would be good if they do as i have to help my partner out of her wheelchair etc.

Also is there a disabled entrance to the smiler or is it through the exit?

Many thanks

G.
Morgan

Regarding Smiler, you use the Fastrack entrance. If you can't walk there is a lift in the shop
Sentri558

gmonster wrote:Hi folks,
can anyone tell if the staff stop the turntables on the flume and rapids for disabled? Would be good if they do as i have to help my partner out of her wheelchair etc.

Also is there a disabled entrance to the smiler or is it through the exit?

Many thanks

G.
I've seen them stop the turntable and assist disable people with crutches, however the stairs on the rapids may be an issue if your partner is in a wheelchair. That was in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons, so I would presume it's the same for the 2015 season. Send a message to their customer support or their twitter account (https://twitter.com/altontowers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) if you want a direct source :)
gmonster

Sentri558 wrote:I've seen them stop the turntable and assist disable people with crutches, however the stairs on the rapids may be an issue if your partner is in a wheelchair. That was in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons, so I would presume it's the same for the 2015 season. Send a message to their customer support or their twitter account (https://twitter.com/altontowers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) if you want a direct source :)

Cheers Sentri and TTheory :D
Last edited by lewis97 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Quote