Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
nemesis_nut

:oops: Soz i hav no i dear about the awnsers to the questions. Maby its something to do with gravity
Power Of Ten

That happened to me when me and my mate went on colossus we were just going up the chain lift and it started tipping it down colossus isnt that fast but it still stung it was really weired not being able to see where you are going.

But what is worse is front seat of stealth even when its drizzling.
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the new quick questions topic - as the previous topic was getting fairly long we've decided to lock it and restart it here all freshened up for the 2015 season.

For anyone new, this is your place to ask quick and simple questions such as opening times and how busy it is likely to be on a certain day. If it's unlikely to need to its own topic then here is the place for it. :)
TheBeast

Does anybody know how much you can get discounted for bekng a TTfr? Or is it only for the TT Team?

Or have I just made this up??? :?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Dan

TheBeast wrote:Does anybody know how much you can get discounted for bekng a TTfr? Or is it only for the TT Team?

You don't get any discount by being affiliated with TT in any way (or any other fan site/coaster club AFAIK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gmonster

Hi,
Does anyone know if the disabled toilets are seperate to normal tiolets?

Cheers
TomL

I'm pretty sure that most of the toilets if not all of the toilets in the park have separate disabled toilets and baby changing facilities. The main toilets in X-Sector, Fountain Square (near to Dark Forest) and the Gloomy Wood toilets definitely have disabled facilities separate to the normal toilets. :)
TheBeast

Dan.N wrote:
TheBeast wrote:Does anybody know how much you can get discounted for bekng a TTfr? Or is it only for the TT Team?

You don't get any discount by being affiliated with TT in any way (or any other fan site/coaster club AFAIK)
Oh haha thanks anyways I thought I had heard it on here so wasnt sure, am going over summer break so was curious!
gmonster

TomL wrote:I'm pretty sure that most of the toilets if not all of the toilets in the park have separate disabled toilets and baby changing facilities. The main toilets in X-Sector, Fountain Square (near to Dark Forest) and the Gloomy Wood toilets definitely have disabled facilities separate to the normal toilets. :)
Cheers :D
Zach

TheBeast wrote:
Dan.N wrote:

Oh haha thanks anyways I thought I had heard it on here so wasnt sure, am going over summer break so was curious!
It is possible you are getting mixed up with the discounted corporate tickets TT/SP arrange for there members on event days but they can only be bought through TT for event days. Hope this helps :)
RIDECRAZY

Does the 32A run from Uttoxeter station during February Half Term? If so anyone got the times or a link to a timetable? Can't seem to find it online?

Thanks guys! :D
Ladyofthelake

RIDECRAZY wrote:Does the 32A run from Uttoxeter station during February Half Term? If so anyone got the times or a link to a timetable? Can't seem to find it online?

I believe the bus does still run during half term. the current timetable can be found on First Bus' website: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/staffor ... edirect=no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jjoverrun

Will nemesis have substantially larger queues this season or will the GP go on unnoticed?

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
Dan

jjoverrun wrote:Will nemesis have substantially larger queues this season or will the GP go on unnoticed?
It depends entirely on whether Alton decide to do anything for her 21st.

Given that it's just over a month until main season opening and they haven't done any advertisement or anything I think it'll be another normal year for Nemesis. To be honest they have other things to promote like the Enchanted Village and Octonauts kiddie coaster which may bring more people to the resort, unlike Nemesis getting some TLC which would only excite the enthusiast community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheBeast

Right im not trying to sound like a fool but I honestly dont know, whats so special about her 21st???
Paws

TheBeast wrote:Right im not trying to sound like a fool but I honestly dont know, whats so special about her 21st???
In the UK (The ages change around the world) the birthdays when turning 18 and 21 are usually largely celebrated more than others as these are usually refereed to as the ages where you reach proper, genuine adulthood. Nemesis is a legendary world best roller coaster that is older than a lot of the other best rated roller coasters around the world which is why a milestone age would be celebrated.
RIDECRAZY

Does anyone know what time the restaurants on the resort close during February Half Term? I'm visiting on Tuesday but will only be there from 12-4 so don't want to get food till 4 when the rides are closed? Wanted to go to Pizza Pasta Buffet in Katanga Canyon? Any advice?
Zach

Pizza pasta and other restaurants like it tend to have last entry either an hour or half hour before park close depends how busy they are, places like vendors and fast food places stay open til after park close time and those on towers street open til after park close time :)
RIDECRAZY

Thanks for all the speedy advice so far guys! Planning a trip for 7 using public transport is not fun, especially with Alton Towers being one of the hardest places in the country to get to!

Does anyone know how much a taxi for 7 (so a minivan taxi) or two separate taxi's costs from Uttoxeter Rail Station - Alton Towers?

Zach

None of us being a taxi company we probably won't know :lol :P , may I suggest actually ringing up a close by taxi firm and enquiring ? :moj