Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Loakin

Does anyone know when the towers close? I've never been in them (apart from Hex) and I would love to walk around them before they close for Scarefest.
Justin

It varies but it is usually around July time! :)
Loakin

streetmagix

I think last year it was late July or early August, pretty early in the year. It's a beautiful building and generally a quiet place away from the crowds, I recommend setting aside probably 2 hours to explore it properly!
Justin

It is a very intriguing place and certainly worth checling out. I really enjoy spending some time there, especially working out the routes of past and present scare mazes. Personally, I'd love a tour to be offered by Alton, even out of season, to find out more :)
Dungeon-X-Smile

Where can you enter the Towers? The only entrance I knew was locked when I tried last time.
Dan

saw-x-smile wrote:Where can you enter the Towers? The only entrance I knew was locked when I tried last time.
The most common place is via the conservatory (where the exit for ToTT has been for the past few years).
Nutty Man

Hello, I'm going next weekend in the hotel and wanted to know if we can get ERT on the first day. Can we get to the park early for ERT as we are staying in the hotel or can we only go on the second day?
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Joel Allen

Yes you can, we stayed in Splash Landings. We got there a bit late on the first day and just missed ERT. But we especially enjoyed it on day 2. I recommend doing Spinball Whizzer. We rode it 3 times during ERT due to everyone heading to Wicker Man!
Vladimir Bobinski

I can't work this out from AT FAQ pages, or from memory.  I know the bring a friend vouchers in the MAP pack are eligible ERT as I used one last week, but are Friend & Family Tickets?
Dan

Vladimir Bobinski wrote:I can't work this out from AT FAQ pages, or from memory.  I know the bring a friend vouchers in the MAP pack are eligible ERT as I used one last week, but are Friend & Family Tickets?
Yes :)

Both Friends & Family tickets and Share The Fun vouchers are eligible for ERT.
StevenX

I'm looking to do a UK theme park tour with a friend who's visiting from Europe soon, but it's probably going to have to be August. I was wondering whether that's a good idea or not, given crowd levels over the summer holidays - it's been forever since I've been to any of the parks at that time of year.

The current plan is Alton Towers on Friday, 10th August and Thorpe Park on Monday 13th August, probably with Blackpool Pleasure Beach on the Saturday in the middle. I'm not too worried about Blackpool as from experience it seems to soak up any crowds fairly well, but what are the lines likely to be like on Friday, 10th August for Alton? Is it a good idea or not really even worth it? Any advice on the plan is much appreciated!
Justin

Friday will always be busier than any other weekday as some may take a day off to extend their weekend. The summer holidays will be busier but not heaving. You also have to remember that while the children have time off, many parents will still be working. To tell you what it will be on that actual day would be impossible to say, but just go for it :)
Earl of Shrewsbury

Could someone please explain where the Woodland Walk begins and ends?

From the hotel, where do I access it? Where does it spit me out in the park? Close to the Blade I believe?

My first stay at the Alton Towers Hotel is in a few weeks time, and I'm keen to make best use of it!

Do we think that the Woodland Walk will be open during ERT? Seems unlikely given that FV doesn't open until 11am (outside of half-term)?

Cheers!
ROYJESS

I can't say where it begins from the hotel, it used to be from The Alton Towers Hotel gardens which are now where CBeebies hotel is now.    Yes it does take you near where the Blade is, but I can't tell you what time it will be operating from.
Mickeyray

Hi!

I was hoping someone can clear up the confusion I'm having with my Priority Passes that were given to me and my son on Saturday just gone. Events went so quickly that I can't remember fully what was said to me.

All I remember was that despite that we already had ultimate fast track wristbands on the day, we could keep hold of our priority passes to use on a future visit or keep as souvenirs. My question is, are they a 'one time' pass (in which case we'll keep them as souvenirs,) or we can use them for multiple times on a single ride (we were given them from The Smiler staff,)  or we can use them throughout the park on other rides.

Many thanks,

Mike
Justin

Hi Mike,

Just to let you know that I have merged your post with this topic, but also I have tried to answer your question below.

If you have a priority pass which was issued upon a queue line evacuation (usually after a breakdown) then these will be valid on another day. These cards are usually double the size of a bank card and have rounded corners. They are also glossy. If it is the one I am thinking of, it should be valid for any 1.4m ride, so you should be able to use this on The Smiler should you wish. :) It is always advised checking with the resort, or the back of the pass, but I've used these passes on my next visit before with no issues :)
Zach

Priority passes come in many forms, if it is a Smiler branded PP then it can be used on any 1.4m, if it is a pink PP then on the back it states which rides it can be used on. 

Priority passes are one use only, so once you choose to use it then you must surrender it upon use. 
Mickeyray

Hello, thank you for your replies. Since we would have to surrender them, we will keep them as part of our memorabilia since we always get ultimate fast track anyway. We were given them by the operator of The Smiler when she saw my boy dressed up in a Smiler theme. We are currently working on another Smiler theme for him and I'm going dress up too. I'll be more nervous than he was last time.
JamieDeath

Can you get an Uber from Alton towers? (To stroke on trent/ or uttoxeter)