Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

No, it looks like all of the packages have been reworked, however, one shot will still be available from the Box Office on the day.
xxzxcuzxme

Yeah it’s the £10 Fast track voucher added online as an extra when purchasing the tickets! So you can use it once for any of the rides that have Fast track excluding Wicker Man? Thanks for replying!
Robert.W

Ah, the Adventurer Fastrack (costing £12, not £10) was available in previous seasons although it appears to have been removed for 2018. Just a heads up that the TowersTimes page on the Fastrack tickets will need updating to show the change. :)

I do wonder, how many rides is this £10 Fastrack voucher valid for? Seems a bit bad value for money when you compare it to the three rides you would have got for the Adventurer Fastrack in previous years..

Justin

Robert.W wrote:Ah, the Adventurer Fastrack (costing £12, not £10) was available in previous seasons although it appears to have been removed for 2018. Just a heads up that the TowersTimes page on the Fastrack tickets will need updating to show the change. :)
Thanks Robert, we are looking to update this soon :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Justin wrote:
Robert.W wrote:Ah, the Adventurer Fastrack (costing £12, not £10) was available in previous seasons although it appears to have been removed for 2018. Just a heads up that the TowersTimes page on the Fastrack tickets will need updating to show the change. :)
Thanks Robert, we are looking to update this soon :)
All done :P 
Stan.H

Does anyone know if you can purchase a digital download of an ORP (taken yesterday) and I know the photo number and time of day it was?  I don't mind if I can purchase at home or go back and purchase. 
Dan

Stan.H wrote:Does anyone know if you can purchase a digital download of an ORP (taken yesterday) and I know the photo number and time of day it was?  I don't mind if I can purchase at home or go back and purchase. 
I don’t think you can.

As far as I’m aware, the Picsolve system is wiped at the end of each day. It might be worth contacting Picsolve directly to find out though.
Stan.H

Okay, cheers! 
JamieDeath

Never stayed in the hotel before. Is there a separate entrance to the park for hotel guests? And if so is this how you get ERT? Or do you need some kind of special day ticket for ERT? As we just booked bed and breakfast for the hotel, and have park tickets separately.
Robert.W

Nope. Everyone enters the park at the main entrance. I believe that there is supposed to be a separate queue for hotel guest and Merlin Annual Pass holders who are entitled to ERT, however I've heard that this hasn't been managed very well recently..

Justin

It may be worth checking to see if your stay includes ERT as it is available to hotel guests, however, as you've booked your tickets separately and not part of a package, then you might not be able to enter at 9.30am.
Jcoaster

Are Alton Towers annual pass guests able to use ERT?
jackf1tz

It depends which one you mean. The original ATAP did indeed include ERT however the new Season Pass does not.
Jcoaster

yes I mean the old ATAP brought last year, not the new season passes
AltonOperator

JamieDeath wrote:Never stayed in the hotel before. Is there a separate entrance to the park for hotel guests? And if so is this how you get ERT? Or do you need some kind of special day ticket for ERT? As we just booked bed and breakfast for the hotel, and have park tickets separately.
The right side of the turnstiles is reserved for ERT guests at the start of the day. just ask a member of staff and they will show you
Thanks Jack
JamieDeath

Thanks. Also how easy is it to get a taxi back from alton towers to stoke on trent? (rail station) Is there a pick up point where taxis gather? Or would you need to phone up and book one. Also how long would the journey take/cost?
AltonOperator

Its just over a 30 minute drive. This site offers a taxi from Alton Towers to the Station 'from £22' I'd give them a call as soon as possible to verify this information and maybe make a booking. You must reserve 48 hours in advance.
http://stokestationtaxis.com/

Just reread your earlier posts and think you should probably call about the ERT. from your circumstance I think its unlikely you'll get it I'm afraid
Thanks Jack
Secret Weapon

Has the woodland walk entrance for hotel guests closed forever?

It seems to be needed now more than ever with the queues at the main gate
Robert.W

Well, despite being re-added to the park map, the resort have been telling people that it is currently closed... no indication that'll be forever, but I honestly don't know.

AltonOperator

With Forbidden Valley not opening until 11, it seems unlikely that it’ll open this year. It’s a shame
Thanks Jack