Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeornen

I can guess that Easter weekend is gonna be busy but is Easter Monday usually busy?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
ROYJESS

Was on park today, despite being quiet, the cuts can clearly be felt, I dread visiting the park when it's busy. 

Today we had Wicker man and Oblivion for a whole hour and a half. The morning thrills offering was dire

Spinball and Rapids were closed all day.

Our morning availability after 11 was

The Smiler open 11.10am
Hex and Rita was down but did open later.
Whoguru5

I hope that changes sooner rather than later.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
ROYJESS

Those staggard opening times should never had been imposed in the first place.  It only takes a ride to go down which they do and it then exacerbate the fact that there is not much on offer as well as a knock on effect around the park
vikaskundu

I am trying to install the Alton Towers app on my Galaxy Note 8 which is on Android 8.0, however as I open the app it is only displaying a blank white screen during the startup and crashing itself automatically in few secs. Any idea how to fix it guys?
Vikas
Justin

If you've downloaded the app in the past, make sure you have the latest version. I've got the app on my S9+ and all is working fine. I'd suggest deleating it, even from your Play Store , and reinstall it. Hope this helps :)
The Nemesis Fox

Does anyone know if Nemesis could possibly be on 2 trains next Saturday?
Anyone have an idea as to what the crowds will be like on Saturday 7th? Thanks.
Joel Allen

I’m coming on the 6th and 7th too. I suspect it will similar to today.
Justin

It is really hard to tell. It could be busier with more families deciding to visit midway through the Easter holidays, then again it may be quieter as everyone may be thinking about avoiding the weekends. As long as you plan your day well then there shouldn't be much of an issue. Be sure to use Ride Times to help you :)
Zach

The Nemesis Fox wrote:Does anyone know if Nemesis could possibly be on 2 trains next Saturday?
Anyone have an idea as to what the crowds will be like on Saturday 7th? Thanks.
Nemesis, two trains by next Saturday, highly unlikely. I'd say no, parts are still sat outside the back of the maintenance shed and will take time to be fitted along with rigorous testing hours required. 
Saturday 7th, fairly busy as it's the last Saturday of the main Easter Holidays, if this past Saturday is anything to go by expect 60min queues throughout the day. 
Justin

Be aware though that some schools have only just broken up, therefore, the next two weekends may be busier than usual.
TheBeornen

Yeah Scottish schools broke up on Thursday, hopefully tomorrow isn't too busy.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
jwewan

Yes, my school and most others in West Midlands broke up on Thursday. Going to Towers on Wednesday, hoping it isn't too busy.
Jcoaster

Hi all, does anyone know if the Woodcutters Bar and Grill stays open after the rides shut? Many thanks
Robert.W

I actually don't know the answer to this, but I would guess that they would stop serving when the rides close, but will stay open for however long guests are still eating there, but again, that's just me guessing. Seems logical to me anyway. :)

Zach

Jcoaster wrote:Hi all, does anyone know if the Woodcutters Bar and Grill stays open after the rides shut? Many thanks
Last orders for food tends to be before ride close, the bar does stay open until park close. Last orders for food changes depending on how busy they are and table availability.
xxzxcuzxme

Hi there,

My partner bought 2 online tickets for Wednesday 4th with a fast track pass with each ticket. It doesn’t specify what the fast track tickets are for and which rides you can use them on, if anybody knows any more?

Thank you!
Jcoaster

Zach wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:Hi all, does anyone know if the Woodcutters Bar and Grill stays open after the rides shut? Many thanks
Last orders for food tends to be before ride close, the bar does stay open until park close. Last orders for food changes depending on how busy they are and table availability.
Thanks Zach
Justin

xxzxcuzxme wrote:Hi there,

My partner bought 2 online tickets for Wednesday 4th with a fast track pass with each ticket. It doesn’t specify what the fast track tickets are for and which rides you can use them on, if anybody knows any more?

Thank you!
If it is the £10 Fastrack voucher included then you will get a choice of rides (Exc. Wicker Man). There are other options too, but without knowing more then I can't say. I hope this helps you in some way :)
Robert.W

I'm not 100% sure on this, but wasn't there an "Adventurer" tier Fastrack costing £10 which included a single ride on Spinball Whizzer, Runaway Mine Train and Congo River Rapids? Only asking because it's no longer listed on the website..?