Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Count-Vonduel wrote:The AT app won't update for me, even if I delete it and reinstall it (I have tried google play store and from the AT website itself) it still downloads the 2016 version!
How can I get this years version?
I'm using a Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 (Android)
It doesn't look like the Android version of the app has been updated since October 2016, so I don't think it's currently possible to get the latest version. However, I do believe the Big Six Challenge will use the main Resort app when it's launched, so presumably we should see an update in the not too distant future.
Whoguru5

Don't know whether this is the right place to ask but how have ride times been? Got a chance to go to alton tomorrow but I'm just wondering if it's worth picking a fasttrack up because I only have a few hours in the park.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
AltonOperator

Whoguru5 wrote:How have ride times been? Got a chance to go to alton tomorrow but I'm just wondering if it's worth picking a fasttrack up because I only have a few hours in the park.
here is my Google Drive that has queue times from the past few days to the minute:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope this helps
Thanks Jack
Whoguru5

AltonOperator wrote:
Whoguru5 wrote:How have ride times been? Got a chance to go to alton tomorrow but I'm just wondering if it's worth picking a fasttrack up because I only have a few hours in the park.
here is my Google Drive that has queue times from the past few days to the minute:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope this helps
This was great thanks :clap: From the looks of things nothing was over 35 mins outside of 1-2pm on the Sunday, so I think seeing as I will be able to single rider some of the lines be able to do everything without fasttrack :D

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
AltonOperator

Whoguru5 wrote:This was great thanks
no problem. Today's queue times are now available.
Thanks Jack
RockandGrohl

Hi Guys, I'm making a pretty beefy recreation of Forbidden Valley in Planet Coaster and I'm about to move on to construction of Air.

Nemesis was made possible by plenty of photos of the planning permission and blueprints scattered around google, for Air I can find none of these.

Does anyone have an overhead plan (otherwise I must use Google maps) and more importantly, does anyone have a photo of Air's lift hill from the side so I can get an idea of the angle of the lift hill? Thank you!
Tom

RockandGrohl wrote:Hi Guys, I'm making a pretty beefy recreation of Forbidden Valley in Planet Coaster and I'm about to move on to construction of Air.

Nemesis was made possible by plenty of photos of the planning permission and blueprints scattered around google, for Air I can find none of these.

Does anyone have an overhead plan (otherwise I must use Google maps) and more importantly, does anyone have a photo of Air's lift hill from the side so I can get an idea of the angle of the lift hill? Thank you!
From perusing the TT archives I've dug out the following that may be of use to you: Hopefully the above is of some use to you, if not then perhaps contact the Virtual Towers Online guys, they may be feeling friendly and might be able to give you some better information.
RockandGrohl

Those are quite handy, thank you!
DrKelman

I'm thinking about booking a stay in The Smiler room for scarefest this year and looking on the website it says you get a 2 day fast track but it doesn't really explain much more then that so if anyone who has stayed in the room sees this post. Do the fastracks you get let you repeatedly ride The Smiler or is it just a one ride fastrack you get for both days at the park?
Zach

DrKelman wrote:I'm thinking about booking a stay in The Smiler room for scarefest this year and looking on the website it says you get a 2 day fast track but it doesn't really explain much more then that so if anyone who has stayed in the room sees this post. Do the fastracks you get let you repeatedly ride The Smiler or is it just a one ride fastrack you get for both days at the park?
From my knowledge, it's the morning fast track gold they give you which is valid for 2 hours 10am-12pm to compensate for no early ride time during scarefest, however it could be 10am-11am not sure with no further details provided.
Macca79

DrKelman wrote:I'm thinking about booking a stay in The Smiler room for scarefest this year and looking on the website it says you get a 2 day fast track but it doesn't really explain much more then that so if anyone who has stayed in the room sees this post. Do the fastracks you get let you repeatedly ride The Smiler or is it just a one ride fastrack you get for both days at the park?
Hi there
Having stayed in the Smiler room you get the Adventurer Fast track which is Rapids,Whizzer,Runaway minetrain.
Hope this helps.

Stuart
RockandGrohl

Strangely...

All the rides were running with one carriage empty, and the other with guests. Does anyone know why this is? At a guess, I'd say so that they don't leave guests waiting pre-station on the ride while they are getting the train in the station unbuckled then buckled up and ready to go out. Would love to know if I'm wrong! Thanks.
ROYJESS

RockandGrohl wrote:Strangely...

All the rides were running with one carriage empty, and the other with guests. Does anyone know why this is? At a guess, I'd say so that they don't leave guests waiting pre-station on the ride while they are getting the train in the station unbuckled then buckled up and ready to go out. Would love to know if I'm wrong! Thanks.
I presume that it was a quiet day today. It takes a lot of effort energy to just close the harness on a half empty train. So they would let a train go empty while the boarding gates fill up. You usually see this a lot during ERT and sometimes towards the end of the day
RockandGrohl

It was phenomenally quiet with the longest queue being Rita with 5 minutes, every other queue was non-existent.
Morgan

Don't suppose anyone has a good plan of the ruins I could use? I've looked pretty much everywhere and the only one I can find is pretty low-quality.
Justin

I'm not aware of one freely available. Although it may be looking through the SMN event photos to see if a photo of the maze layouts exist as they were on display. This would give you part of the layout. I'm not sure if it made the final cut though?

Edit - Just looked. Unfortunately not. This was the only one...
AltonOperator

i have this one:

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... Name=51699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its got the basic layout
Thanks Jack
Morgan

Cheers guys, these will be really useful :)
Count-Vonduel

Do you have to have kids to go to the water park at splash landings (like with Lego discovery centre) after looking on the website, all I could find was some utter dribble about an adult to child ratio but its too poorly written to make sense of!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Count-Vonduel wrote:Do you have to have kids to go to the water park at splash landings (like with Lego discovery centre) after looking on the website, all I could find was some utter dribble about an adult to child ratio but its too poorly written to make sense of!
Nope. The adult-to-child ratio is in relation to the supervision of young children.