Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stan.H

OhShambhala wrote:Does anyone know how busy opening day gets? I've never done an opening day before so I'm unsure wether to leave it for a few weeks after?
It can be anywhere between an off-peak to peak day (as in wait times), pay attention to the weather report as that strongly affects the number of visitors! Just expect around 45/60 minutes max for the main coasters, and then Smiler will average around 95 minutes, usually peaking at 130 mins at around 11.30am/12pm. My tip is too make use of ERT at Nemesis, do Galactica (once the park opens) then make your way across the park leaving The Smiler as your last ride, unless the wait significantly drops!! Have a great day!
MakoMania

So I'm being told that to renew an annual pass on the day at the park, I have to simply turn up and ask the turnstiles staff. Does anybody know if this is true?
I can't see the normal ticket booths being able to do it as they don't have a camera.

I've always picked up an MAP from Sea Life Manchester but I'm renewing it as an Alton Towers annual pass this year instead.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Bert

MakoMania wrote:So I'm being told that to renew an annual pass on the day at the park, I have to simply turn up and ask the turnstiles staff. Does anybody know if this is true?
I can't see the normal ticket booths being able to do it as they don't have a camera.

I've always picked up an MAP from Sea Life Manchester but I'm renewing it as an Alton Towers annual pass this year instead.
No, You have to print off a piece of paper for your MAP then take it services at the left of the entrance, then they will give you a ticket to get in then you have to go to the resort box office to have photos taken and get your MAP.
[Insert Signature Here]
MakoMania

What do you mean by piece of paper? What's that for?

Also, by services do you mean the pre-booked ticket collection booths?
Owen

I picked mine up at Thorpe however their Annual Pass building is outside the park.

I'd imagine if you print off proof of purchase or have a confirmation email on your phone they will be able to let you through to pick it up. :)
MakoMania

Oh, maybe I should have made it more obvious but I haven't purchased yet, I want to actually hand over the cash when I'm at the park.
Owen

In that case you normally pay park entry and get the cost rufunded once the pass has been purchased :)
Liam.W

Does anyone know how much lockers are at Alton towers waterpark?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Adam

Liam.W wrote:Does anyone know how much lockers are at Alton towers waterpark?
They are 20p and are returnable each time it's unlocked.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Liam.W

Thanks!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

S.J_O'Grady

What on earth is Nev and Dr Chris? That mean anything to anyone? There's a sign, new I think, in the front window of Duel that says something about a Nev and Dr Chris (if I remember right). Then in the wonky room the building blocks on the floor now spell out NEV.

Seemed a bit unusual to me. Why didn't I get a photo? ](*,)
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
MakoMania

Are they actually opening Dark Forest, Hex & CCL from 10:30am like it says on the website or from 10am? Ridetimes.co.uk has shown them as open from 10am?

Also, are the rapids opening at 10am this year?
Dan

MakoMania wrote:Are they actually opening Dark Forest, Hex & CCL from 10:30am like it says on the website or from 10am? Ridetimes.co.uk has shown them as open from 10am?

Also, are the rapids opening at 10am this year?
Yes they are opening at 10:30.

I believe the Rapids are open from 11am but not 100% sure.
timmy1372

Ummmmm any idea when the spa reopens? It's kind of a deal breaker for any trips I have planned with friends and family, which is very difficult to plan when the website is so vague, summer! When's summer?
Theme Park Callum

timmy1372 wrote:Ummmmm any idea when the spa reopens? It's kind of a deal breaker for any trips I have planned with friends and family, which is very difficult to plan when the website is so vague, summer! When's summer?
The Spa is partially open, but the Aqua Relaxation Rooms are due to reopen in June 2017.
MakoMania

Has the Towers Street music been replaced again this season? I hope not as I loved the one that was new for last year!
Dan

MakoMania wrote:Has the Towers Street music been replaced again this season? I hope not as I loved the one that was new for last year!
No, the track that was introduced last season is still playing.
Nickolai

I believe Alton Towers have a new score which is the 'heritage' soundtrack from IMAscore and is played on the new SW8 path, around the Towers and fountain square where the old Towers Street audio 2008-2015 was played.
Formally Smiler313
Dan

Smiler313 wrote:I believe Alton Towers have a new score which is the 'heritage' soundtrack from IMAscore and is played on the new SW8 path, around the Towers and fountain square where the old Towers Street audio 2008-2015 was played.
Yes they have and it's a brilliant (almost magical) piece of music which really gives the aforementioned areas of the park a bit of atmosphere.
Count-Vonduel

The AT app won't update for me, even if I delete it and reinstall it (I have tried google play store and from the AT website itself) it still downloads the 2016 version!
How can I get this years version?
I'm using a Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 (Android)