Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
LittleReidy

Hey everyone,

I’ve never done a towers opening weekend before. What day would you recommend the Saturday or Sunday?
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
ROYJESS

I personally find the opening weekend can have teething problems.  I personally would always choose the Sunday over Saturday as this is usually the quieter of the two days.  Also you could check the weather forecast to help you decide
James89

I've never done the Saturday, but I've found the Sunday to be relatively quiet and no major problems with operations.
Zach

LittleReidy wrote:Hey everyone,

I’ve never done a towers opening weekend before. What day would you recommend the Saturday or Sunday?
I would say it depends what you’re looking to experience.

The opening day has a certain buzz and magic feel to the park with the excitement and freshness, plenty of enthusiasts and new things to experience, but like others have said the Sunday does tend to be a lot quieter in terms of queues.

The weather will probably play a big part in most people’s decisions as to which day they go, high winds are days to avoid. 
Sentri558

Hey everyone

Am making the pilgrimage to Stoke with a disabled member of family. She has problems standing and has a blue badge. I'm not certain from the website what she needs to bring/upload to get access to the ride pass that allows her to not stand in the queue.

Could anyone who's experienced this please give me any advice?

Also in regards to parking, is it better to use disabled parking or to drop the disabled guest off at monorail/park entrance?

Thanks very much guys!
Dan

Sentri558 wrote:Hey everyone

Am making the pilgrimage to Stoke with a disabled member of family. She has problems standing and has a blue badge. I'm not certain from the website what she needs to bring/upload to get access to the ride pass that allows her to not stand in the queue.

Could anyone who's experienced this please give me any advice?

Also in regards to parking, is it better to use disabled parking or to drop the disabled guest off at monorail/park entrance?

Thanks very much guys!
The following has been taken from the Alton Towers website:
The Alton Towers Resort Strives to make sure that our Accommodation, Theme Park, Waterpark and other extraordinary attractions are easily assesible to all of our guest.
Alton Towers Resort offers a Ride Access system, however to ensure the system remains beneficial for those who rely on it, our Guest Services team must see certain documentation before they are able to arrange it. By completing this form we hope to save you time on the day.
We will accept the following documentation as proof of eligibility:

1. Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 12 months) showing that you receive the higher rate mobility component.
2. Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 12 months) showing that you receive enhanced mobility component.
3. A current and valid Blue Badge.

If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from your GP or Consultant on header paper (dated within the last 12 months) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis).

This, or any of the documentation above, must be presented alongside valid photographic ID for the named recipient.
It’s really simple to fill in, and usually the Resort are quick in responding. If you fill the form in online and get accepted for a RAP, on the day of your visit simply visit Guest Services and give them the case reference number from the email they sent you. This will allow the disabled member of your party to receive a Ride Access Pass wristband and booklet, which can then be used to access the Disabled queue line on the majority of rides & attractions at the Resort.

With regards to parking, this has been taken from the website:
We offer Blue Badge holders car parking close to the Theme Park entrance. To access this car park please follow the signs when entering the resort. A £6 charge applies upon entering the car park, card payments are not accepted

A current and valid Blue Badge must be presented, disability parking subject to availability and it not available to pre-book
I hope that helps :)
claire82

Hi does anyone know what time the ticket office will open tomorrow to collect season passes?
Podulator365098

Does anyone know which rides have SRQ this year?
Dan

Podulator365098 wrote:Does anyone know which rides have SRQ this year?
The Smiler is the only ride to have a permanent SRQ.

Spinball Whizzer does have one but it is only available on selected dates, but as for what those dates are, we don’t know. Your best bet would be to ask on the day whether it is operating or not.
Podulator365098

Ok thanks
Liam.W

To be fair, I think Spinball also has a permanent SRQ because I went on a Monday a couple of weeks back and it was empty (0-5 min queues maximum) so you'd expecting for the SRQ to be unavailable but the park confirmed on Twitter it was in use.

However after queuing in the main queue (was only 0 mins thank god) I asked the staff member doing the batching which queue the SRQ was using and he said "Oh I think we got rid of all them we don't have them anymore". So I told him about how they got rid about them last year and now brought it back on Smiler and Spinball and told him I'd had no problems using SRQ on the Smiler but he was adamant that SRQ did not exist at the towers!! 

Better communication is needed!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

AltonOperator

Communication is the reason SRQs were removed in the first place. Staff weren't told how to properly manage them so they didn't work. Is there no way to just inform all staff of changes?
Thanks Jack
Justin

If Spinball's SRQ is added then not only does it need to be communicated with the rides team but also the public. I can see it getting confusing for guests otherwise :/

Overall, it is a good call to bring it back, especially on rides which can accommodate for 4 per train/row. :D
jules

Hello,
We are staying at Enchanted Village in a couple of days and have been told we can walk to the park and enter near the CBeebies Hotel before 1pm. Can anyone tell me if they have done this and if it is quicker than the monorail? I'm also unsure if this entrance opens early for those with special tickets or if its just from 10am. Could anyone help please? Thank you in advance!
Morgan

That path should take you through the Woodland Walk which takes you to Forbidden Valley (which is right by the Skyride), so it should be a little quicker :)
Kai

Hey! Just had a question that I thought I could ask instead of ringing the park.

I have a hotel booked for 3 nights, so we got 2 days in the park included. It says the start date is 1st, but we'll be getting there late on the 1st so we wanted to start using the tickets on the 2nd and 3rd day we're there.

Now I checked the tickets, and the tickets say this: Your first day in the park is specified on your tickets. Any additional days can be used at any point during your break.

Now this makes me think oh no, the first day is gonna be wasted?

But then on the help guide it says: If your break includes themepark tickets, your first day in the park can be used on any day during your stay, any extra days must be used on consencutive days.

This makes me think we're fine.

But they're both seemingly contradicting themselves?

So does anyone know what the deal is? If we get there on day 1, can we use the two day park tickets for day 2+3?
ROYJESS

Sorry I can't answer this for you.  Have you thought about asking Alton on their Facebook page or twitter?  You could also PM them too via Facebook or send them an email instead of paying out premium price phone call.  Plus this way you'll have it in writing if they argue it, I would also print off a copy of the message to take with you
AltonOperator

I'd second a private message. Doesn't take them too long to reply and you have it in case of confusion later.
Thanks Jack
Leon12345

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knows the G force on Wicker Man as I can’t find it?

Many thanks.
Robert.W

I’m not sure anybody knows... I can’t see it on TowersTimes, TowersStreet, RCDB, Wikipedia or Alton Towers’ website :-k