Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

Unfortunately not, It wouldn't be available in the public domain, unless someone has recorded a copy of the announcement whilst on park.
Wagstaff04

Does anyone know exactly where the drop-off point is, as I need it for an upcoming trip. 
Morgan

If you head up the road into the Resort as usual, and before you get to the big curve by overflow/traffic lights, there should be a sign pointing to Priority, Disabled and Drop Off zones :) there'll probably be a little queue going into it, halting all cars from moving.
Wagstaff04

Is that the car park right next to the entrance?
Justin

Yes, you drive past the drop off on your way to it :)
Wagstaff04

Thanks!
Wagstaff04

Is it worth taking a bag if you can only put it in the baggage areas? How often do people steal things?
Torsie24

Depends what you need to take with you.

We have our 6 year old with us, so we need a bag for snacks etc for her, and I like to have water/merlin cup etc with me. 

But I have zip up shorts/trouser pocket, so I keep my phone and cards/cash/car key on me on the rides. That way if the bag goes I'm not in big trouble. 

That being said - my bag has never been touched. 
davey_will1980

Anyone know how busy the park was today? I know it was horrendous yesterday, just wondering if it's quietened down any
Rob
Admin
Admin

davey_will1980 wrote:Anyone know how busy the park was today? I know it was horrendous yesterday, just wondering if it's quietened down any
Busy by the looks of it. https://queue-times.com/parks/1/calendar/2019/08/28
davey_will1980

Cheers Rob
Rob wrote:
davey_will1980 wrote:Anyone know how busy the park was today? I know it was horrendous yesterday, just wondering if it's quietened down any
Busy by the looks of it. https://queue-times.com/parks/1/calendar/2019/08/28
Torsie24

Heading to Towers next Saturday from down South. 

I've only recently been, so it's not hugely desperate we get on all the coasters, but would be nice to. 

Wicker Man is my boy, so I am hoping for at the very least 2 rides on it. 

What's the best plan of action for getting the big rides done on a weekend with the least queuing? 

We'll have ERT as I have a PMAP, so that will take care of Wicker Man on arrival, then hope to get back to it again before the day ends. 

Should we head to The Smiler/Oblivion straight from there? Or head back to Nemesis? 

Rita is probably the one we're least fussed about, as it's pretty disappointing and over so fast. Plus I can get to Stealth very easily from home. 
Liam.W

My plan that I follow is this:
9:30: Aim to be one of the first on Wickerman
9:55: Get to Nemmy for opening
10:10: Galactica, then walk through gardens to Dark Forest
10:25: Rita or Th13teen
10:45: The ride that's left in Dark Forest, then head over to x-sector to ride Oblivion and Smiler and that is your Big 7 taken care of! 

Then re-rides! 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Harry347

That's always my action plan was well Liam!
LittleReidy

Does anyone know the latest time you can check in? I’m heading down for scarefest and staying in one of the stargazing pods. Check in is at 3pm but our maze time starts at 2pm.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Ladyofthelake

I know in the hotels I have checked in at around 10pm on one occasion. It may be worth contacting the Resort via direct message on either their Facebook or Twitter accounts to double check as with the reception for the Stargazing Pods being next to Tree Top Quest they may not staff it 24 hours like they do in the hotels. I would have thought the Resort wlll be aware that people will need to check in after park close at 9pm though so hopefully you should be ok. One thing to be aware of is that the Stargazing Pods reception does not have the facilities to leave bags like the other hotels do.
LittleReidy

Thank you, I’ll drop them a message now
Ladyofthelake wrote:I know in the hotels I have checked in at around 10pm on one occasion. It may be worth contacting the Resort via direct message on either their Facebook or Twitter accounts to double check as with the reception for the Stargazing Pods being next to Tree Top Quest they may not staff it 24 hours like they do in the hotels. I would have thought the Resort wlll be aware that people will need to check in after park close at 9pm though so hopefully you should be ok. One thing to be aware of is that the Stargazing Pods reception does not have the facilities to leave bags like the other hotels do.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Piplup2003

Hi all!
Did any of the skyride stations ever have a green and yellow roof (circa around late 80s)?
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
Smiling.Always

Piplup2003 wrote:Hi all!
Did any of the skyride stations ever have a green and yellow roof (circa around late 80s)?
Hiya, I can't find anything on any site, the closest that looks that was the old Cloud Cuckoo Land station before it burnt down, it had green and yellow wooden decorations along the roof.
Don't Look Down..... Smile.Always!
Finally got a Premium Merlin Pass!! :D
Loakin

Does anyone know exactly where the bike racks are for cycling? The website just says "close to the entrance" but I can't see any on street view