Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
User avatar
Gilly
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

I’m returning to the suite in a couple of weeks as we got engaged there so a bit of an anniversary...does the ANR still have it’s own car parking space towards the front of the hotel car park? I think it was probably 2012 last time we were in the room!

Absolutely cannot wait to ride Wicker Man! We’ve not been to Alton since the smiler reopened.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Last edited by DeadJack5 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Gilly wrote:Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

I’m returning to the suite in a couple of weeks as we got engaged there so a bit of an anniversary...does the ANR still have it’s own car parking space towards the front of the hotel car park? I think it was probably 2012 last time we were in the room!

Absolutely cannot wait to ride Wicker Man! We’ve not been to Alton since the smiler reopened.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Hello! :)

As this is one of the themed suites, I believe this should have a marked parking space somewhere on the front row of the car park. They certainly still exist for other themed rooms.

Have a great time!
User avatar
Gilly
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
Gilly wrote:Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

I’m returning to the suite in a couple of weeks as we got engaged there so a bit of an anniversary...does the ANR still have it’s own car parking space towards the front of the hotel car park? I think it was probably 2012 last time we were in the room!

Absolutely cannot wait to ride Wicker Man! We’ve not been to Alton since the smiler reopened.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Hello! :)

As this is one of the themed suites, I believe this should have a marked parking space somewhere on the front row of the car park. They certainly still exist for other themed rooms.

Have a great time!
Thanks for the answer! I guess I will find out on Friday!
User avatar
matt.flynn
New Member
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 am

Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 1626
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

matt.flynn wrote:Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
I'm unsure whether they will send you an electronic ticket for the park, or if you would collect a paper one from the hotel reception at check-in. However, in order to get early access to the park, you will need the paper card that you get given at check-in, so the hotel reception will be your first destination regardless if you're arriving early, who will be able to sort your tickets out if they're not provided digitally. The hotel card along with your ticket, should give you early access to the Resort in the morning throughout your stay.

You can check-in at any time and have the option to leave your bags with the porters, but you likely will not have access to your room until 3 or 4pm.

For meals, I would highly advise booking them online as soon as you can before your trip. You can do this for both breakfast and dinner following the links on this website. For Alton Towers Hotel, breakfast will be in Secret Garden and for Splash Landings breakfast will be in Flambo's Jambo (breakfast booking link for this will be included in booking confirmation).

Have fun! :)
User avatar
davey_will1980
Member
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:29 am
Location: North Wales

matt.flynn wrote:Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
Hi Matt, 
You should get the tickets within the email confirmation when that comes through, that's what's happened for me when we've booked with Legoland Twice and Alton Towers once. If it's not with the email or a separate email then there's usually a link in the email along the lines of 'Print Vouchers For My Escape' and also 'View Information Pack' it may be off one of those.
Hope this helps
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Yes, your email confirmation should have all the details you need for entry and ERT :)
User avatar
timmy1372
Member
Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Somerset

Hi

I was just wondering what's the cheapest way to get tickets for the theme park for a couple of people who don't have annual passes but are joining us in the hotel, preferably a way that we can get the ticket beforehand so we can all go straight into ERT! We won't be going into the park until after the 1st night so can always pop to the entrance the day before to grab the tickets. Or hotel reception might be the best bet? We might need 2 day tickets as we are staying 2 nights!

Any help much appreciated.
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Hey :)

There are three ways...

1) Purchase tickets as part of your hotel package.
2) If you have Premium Annual Pass then you can use your 'Share the fun' vouchers.
3) Once again, with your Annual Pass, book 'Friends and Family tickets'.

Hope this helps :)
User avatar
MakoMania
Member
Member
Posts: 1615
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am
Location: Who knows?

timmy1372 wrote:Hi

I was just wondering what's the cheapest way to get tickets for the theme park for a couple of people who don't have annual passes but are joining us in the hotel, preferably a way that we can get the ticket beforehand so we can all go straight into ERT! We won't be going into the park until after the 1st night so can always pop to the entrance the day before to grab the tickets. Or hotel reception might be the best bet? We might need 2 day tickets as we are staying 2 nights!

Any help much appreciated.
If you have annual passes/are staying in the hotel then your whole group will be fine for ERT. They never split groups at the entrance no matter what tickets they're on.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
User avatar
timmy1372
Member
Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: Somerset

Cheers for the help
If I booked the friends and family tickets online can I pick them up from hotel reception? Or maybe at the park entrance the day before? It says you have book online up to 24 hours in advance and can only collect at attraction.
User avatar
gregorya17
New Member
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi, I was just wandering if the price for OAP's is half the online price or half the gate price.
User avatar
Bexa
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: A planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Contact:

With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
User avatar
Dan
Member
Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Bexa wrote:With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
Premium Season Passes can be bought on the day of your visit.

As for The Sun free tickets, I don’t believe they are able to be upgraded to a Season Pass, as there is no monetary value assigned to them. It’s only tickets that have been purchased that allow you to pay the difference/upgrade to a Season Pass.
Image
User avatar
CoasterBoyyt
New Member
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Does anyone know if you can still sit next to your friend when using fastrack on rides? (We are both using the same type of fastrack pass)
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Yes, you'll be batched with your friend :)
User avatar
AltonOperator
Member
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm
Location: Exactly 65.38 miles from Nemesis' entrance

Bexa wrote:With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
As you pay £0 for the free ticket, you would have to pay the full price for the season pass to upgrade to it.
Image
Image
Thanks Jack
User avatar
scruffy_
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: North Wales

How busy will it be when the schools break up? Thinking of going 15th or something as I have a week off that week.
User avatar
ROYJESS
Member
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Norfolk

The kids will still be at school on the 15th July, however you will have hit the prime School trip season which will be busier than the summer holidays.  I personally would avoid.

If you are talking about the 15th August, then it will be busy but will be better than the prime school trip season. People tend to go abroad during the first couple of weeks of the summer hols, so that will be your best bet.  The park will be busier as the school holidays goes on. 
User avatar
scruffy_
Member
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: North Wales

ROYJESS wrote:The kids will still be at school on the 15th July, however you will have hit the prime School trip season which will be busier than the summer holidays.  I personally would avoid.

If you are talking about the 15th August, then it will be busy but will be better than the prime school trip season. People tend to go abroad during the first couple of weeks of the summer hols, so that will be your best bet.  The park will be busier as the school holidays goes on. 
Schools in England actually start their holidays on the 15th July, Wales the week after (22nd) according to here. 
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added hyperlink
Post Reply