Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

This year they have changed the rules and will not be permitting any masks or weapons, what ever they are made from.
Bert

So Towers have banned Nerf Guns and Foam Swords?
[Insert Signature Here]
Dan

Bert2theSpark wrote:So Towers have banned Nerf Guns and Foam Swords?
It would appear so, yes.
DrKelman

I thought as much but thanks for the response
DerpyQuark

That’s good, because someone could smuggle in real-life gun pellets in a toy gun, and that wouldn’t be the best!
Stan.H

Dan wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:So Towers have banned Nerf Guns and Foam Swords?
It would appear so, yes.
Don't they sell both of those inside the park anyway? Not so sure on the Nerf Guns, but I know swords are on sale in the Mutiny Bay 'shoppe'. 
NemeJaney

There is no mention of weapons on the website in the fancy dress FAQ, but at least we know now!
jwewan

Is there a specific time that the park will 'shut' so to say. I see right now The Wickerman queue is about 150 minutes. I'm going to the park tomorrow and if we were to get into the queue, right now just before 9pm and then will we be able to queue up until about 11:30pm and then ride? Or will they abandon the park? Just want to make sure as we're desperate to ride wickerman in the dark, but want to leave the best to last where it'll be fastest!
AltonOperator

jwewan wrote:Is there a specific time that the park will 'shut' so to say. I see right now The Wickerman queue is about 150 minutes. I'm going to the park tomorrow and if we were to get into the queue, right now just before 9pm and then will we be able to queue up until about 11:30pm and then ride? Or will they abandon the park? Just want to make sure as we're desperate to ride wickerman in the dark, but want to leave the best to last where it'll be fastest!
The park officially says that if you join the queue before it closes, you’ll get to ride. Maybe if it got too late they might issue a free return ticket and say sorry or even fake a breakdown and say whoops here’s a return ticket sorry bout that
Thanks Jack
LbranchieAnya

So, I bought fastrack just now on the Alton Towers website and realised I've bought it for today which is obviously wrong as I need it for tomorrow. Does anybody know if I'll be able to change it on park tomorrow? I'm really hoping I can because it costs a lot!
Arwen

Urgent.
Anyone got a Merlin Annual Pass prebooked ticket for today? Rang up yesterday and was told and didn’t need to prebook as was promised as if turned up early would get in. However, we were turned away at the turnstiles and currently waiting in a holding pen. Preferably need 3 but 1 would be fine. PM me is you do. Currently feeling very disappointed with Merlin by the lack of communication along with many others.
Stan.H

LbranchieAnya wrote:So, I bought fastrack just now on the Alton Towers website and realised I've bought it for today which is obviously wrong as I need it for tomorrow. Does anybody know if I'll be able to change it on park tomorrow? I'm really hoping I can because it costs a lot!
I am not too sure what can be done about that, but the best thing to do is to contact Alton Towers today or go to guest services tomorrow and I'm sure they will try and help you as much as possible!
nicky.borrill

Arwen wrote:Urgent.
Anyone got a Merlin Annual Pass prebooked ticket for today? Rang up yesterday and was told and didn’t need to prebook as was promised as if turned up early would get in. However, we were turned away at the turnstiles and currently waiting in a holding pen. Preferably need 3 but 1 would be fine. PM me is you do. Currently feeling very disappointed with merlin by the lack of communication along with many others.
I would send the details of your phone call into guest services, as when you called on the 2nd they were already sold out for the 3rd, so there was no chance of (honestly and legally) getting in without a pre booked ticket, and no chance of getting a pre booked ticket. 
d.re90

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if Alton Towers are planning on hosting a services day in 2019 for blue light card holders like they have in the past? Hope someone can shed some light. They have normally advertised it by now but nothing so far ☹️
Swarm Chris

d.re90 wrote:Hi everyone!

Just wondering if Alton Towers are planning on hosting a services day in 2019 for blue light card holders like they have in the past? Hope someone can shed some light. They have normally advertised it by now but nothing so far ☹️
I believe these are organised by Blue Light Card, who essentially rent the park for the day. Best bet may be to check with them.
d.re90

Swarm Chris wrote:
d.re90 wrote:Hi everyone!

I believe these are organised by Blue Light Card, who essentially rent the park for the day. Best bet may be to check with them.
Thanks, will do.
Merlinebennison

Hi,

Does anybody know if the current employee bus service goes through a village called kingsley? And also will it pick people up from there?

Thanks
Merlinebennison

Hi,

I'm wondering how flexible the part time hours are for working in one of the restaurants. I would find it difficult to get there by the allotted time so would it be acceptable to start later?

Thanks
AltonOperator

Though the collective knowledge of the members here is comparable to a complete encyclopaedia of Alton Towers knowledge, Both of your questions might be better directed towards Alton Towers themselves. You can try the Alton Towers social media accounts as they are fairly well staffed or possibly the Alton Towers staff thread as current staff members tend to frequent that page.
Thanks Jack
nicky.borrill

Justin wrote:This year they have changed the rules and will not be permitting any masks or weapons, what ever they are made from.
Another rule that they didn't enforce, despite 'decent' folk obviously obeying and not bringing them. I saw loads of masks, full face included and lots of weapons too. I must have seen 100 different 'Lucilles.' Along with plastic guns, swords, knives etc.