Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TinkerGem

Hi, does anyone know if/how you can book express parking for Scarefest? Had a look on the AT website but all the Scarefest dates are greyed out.
jackf1tz

That might mean that the express parking is already fully booked so you can't use it.
Activist3

Hello!  I have booked Hotel for scarefest thinking it would include ERT but didnt realise it stops for Scarefest.  Also didnt realise it was an extra £28 for mazes per person!  Last year i went to Europa Park and the year before Thorpe so its been a few years.  I thought the mazes were £10 last time!  Anyway i have been told that you get a hotel fastpass instead of ERT.  Has anyone had this and know what it includes?  We only get to do a theme park once a year as a family reunion from around the country and we try and do as much as we can.  We are doing Alton overnight and then Blackpool!  
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Activist3 wrote:Hello!  I have booked Hotel for scarefest thinking it would include ERT but didnt realise it stops for Scarefest.  Also didnt realise it was an extra £28 for mazes per person!  Last year i went to Europa Park and the year before Thorpe so its been a few years.  I thought the mazes were £10 last time!  Anyway i have been told that you get a hotel fastpass instead of ERT.  Has anyone had this and know what it includes?  We only get to do a theme park once a year as a family reunion from around the country and we try and do as much as we can.  We are doing Alton overnight and then Blackpool!  
The Alton Towers Holidays site says the following in the Ts&Cs at the bottom of the page:
Please Note: There will be no Early Ride Time during Scarefest.

Instead, guests staying in the Alton Towers Hotel, Splash Landings Hotel or the Enchanted Village will get one fastrack ride on Nemesis, Oblivion, Runaway Mine Train OR Duel.

Or, guests staying in the CBeebies Land Hotel will get fastrack on 3 rides which can be used at any time during the day. The choice is from the following; 1 ride on either Justin's House Pie-O-Matic Factory or In The Night Garden Magical Boat Ride, 1 ride on either Postman Pat Parcel Post or Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom and 1 ride on The Numtums Number-Go-Round.
Activist3

Thanks for that!  It isnt very clear when you book it!  It still says early ride time as you go through the booking process but fair enough!  Im not sure one fastpass equates to ERT but hey ho!  I will make the most of it! 
mike.foster

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice. I'm an avid Alton Towers fan and try to visit a few times each year during the main season (usually with one overnight stay) however I've never visited the scarefest or fireworks events before. I'd like to attend one of these events this year but can't decide on which. I'm not that interest in thee fireworks or scare mazes, but rather in short queue times and being able to get on as many rides as possible after dark. I've read online about long queues at both events which is putting me off a little, so I'm hoping that the lovely people of this forum can offer some advice on whether this is really the case, and which events/dates are likely to offer the shortest queues and the most time on the rides. 
Justin

If you can, go the Friday before Fireworks and stay for the Saturday. You'll get the best of both as the events run back to back.

It will be busy, especially Fireworks but it is an amazing time to visit the park.
Michelle

For the shortest queues (relatively) then the first week or so of Scarefest is probably your best bet, though the whole event will still draw a good crowd. However I have to agree with Justin, if you can then the Scarefest Friday into Fireworks Saturday atmosphere should be pretty awesome, and even if fireworks aren't your thing, they're well worth a watch. The park tends to get quieter afterwards too as a lot of people do leave when the fireworks finish.
AltonOperator

The atmosphere is exceptional for both of these events but be warned that fireworks nights have been know to hit capacity. Then you’ve got 3 hour queues for rides and hour queues for food and it all gets a little hectic

If you’re only aim is rides in the dark and short queues then I’d avoid fireworks. Scarefest early on (avoid half term) is probably your best bet
Thanks Jack
ROYJESS

Scarefest during the first couple of weekends or the Halloween week when most kids are back at school will probably be you quietest options.  Beware that one of the days usually the first or second Sunday of the Scarefest that a certain community descends onto the park. 

Fireworks are usually their busiest days of the year and they close the X Sector, Dark Forest and Spinball for a few hours to clear the area out for the fireworks as this is the fall out zone, only to reopen them again for the last hour, Just after the fireworks the place will be heaving as everyone will be trying to leave or get to the rides.  

Like Michelle and Justin says, the fireworks are amazing and worth seeing.  
starryclaire

Hi all,

Planning to visit on Thursday next week.

In years gone by, I’ve gone on a Tuesday, once the schools have gone back, but well before Scarefest, and the queues have always been kind.

Am a bit concerned that the reduced opening days this year will mean mega queues next Thursday.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
Justin

With Scarefest staring on the Saturday after your visit, then I would expect it to be quiet. There is obviously no guarantees, but I would assume most people will be waiting for the event to start. :)
manningnfawcett

Please can i have an update please on the cost of photos / souvenirs on the rides please.

Kind regards

Jay
Stan.H

Photos are £10 each, or 2 for £15 - but that has to be on the same purchase. 'One-day' Digipasses are £30 with a second day (added on) £10.

Merch is all the over the place price wise, the pins start at either £3.50/4 and then hoodies I think are something like £35. But on top of that, you do get your MAP discount! 
LyssaKayleigh

Has anyone ever been to Scarefest and bought a Platinum Fastrack? How were the queues for you if you did?
Piplup2003

I will add onto the photo prices and say that they cost £5 if on a school trip, just as a quick FYI for everyone.
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
jeremy.burnell

Hello :)

That boring "How Busy" question again :) Had a look on the Alton Towers crowd calender and decided to head up on Friday 5th October. With Scarefest happening on the 6th and 7th and no schools off, I'm hoping it will be really quiet. Any thoughts?
Stan.H

LyssaKayleigh wrote:Has anyone ever been to Scarefest and bought a Platinum Fastrack? How were the queues for you if you did?
I bought Platinum Fastrack twice last season, once for Fireworks and the other for Scarefest. The queues the major coasters were no longer than 20 minutes (longer queues on The Smiler and Rita), but most of the attractions were walk on or a 5> minute wait. During Fireworks the fastrack queues were a bit longer, but Fastrack guarantees your wait to be at LEAST half the advertised wait time. I think it'd be worth the money so you can maximise your night rides on Wicker Man, TH13TEEN and The Smiler, but take into account I'd imagine the queues, in general, this Scarefest will most likely be much longer than previous years, due to Wicker Man's opening as well as a fairly popular season on park. But in my opinion, I'd say it's worth cashing out for especially if you're only there for one day. Hope you have a great day!
LyssaKayleigh

Stan.H wrote:
LyssaKayleigh wrote:Has anyone ever been to Scarefest and bought a Platinum Fastrack? How were the queues for you if you did?
I bought Platinum Fastrack twice last season, once for Fireworks and the other for Scarefest. The queues the major coasters were no longer than 20 minutes (longer queues on The Smiler and Rita), but most of the attractions were walk on or a 5> minute wait. During Fireworks the fastrack queues were a bit longer, but Fastrack guarantees your wait to be at LEAST half the advertised wait time. I think it'd be worth the money so you can maximise your night rides on Wicker Man, TH13TEEN and The Smiler, but take into account I'd imagine the queues, in general, this Scarefest will most likely be much longer than previous years, due to Wicker Man's opening as well as a fairly popular season on park. But in my opinion, I'd say it's worth cashing out for especially if you're only there for one day. Hope you have a great day!
Thank you very much. Exactly the answer I was after. Been looking everywhere for experiences XD
LittleReidy

Does Alton towers offer any mix and match fast passes like Thorpe Park? (Where two people can use the same fast pass for instance)
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com